Round 12 - Sea Eagles vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Scooter wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:50 pm Well showed a lack of composure at the end. That bogus 6 again cost us.
The Klown loves his 6 agains. Just remember the Chooks vs. Raiders GF where he won the Chooks the GF with his waving arm in the wind antics.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:36 pm
Scooter wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:32 pm That try is Anderson's fault I suppose Papenhuyzen23?
that says more about your footy knowledge or lack there of than mine mate.
Listen to the font of all knowledge.
Everyone, we must bow at the feet of Papenhuyzen23's superior wisdom. Clearly he is secretly Warren Ryan.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Why is it that when we play at Brooky the side's IQ collectively drops by 80%?

Our forwards seriously need a tune up.
I don't think being skipper has done Harry any favours. Problem is, who would we give it to?
Papenhuyzen23
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Positives

- Sua Fa’alogo is a player, if he is ever dropped again I will start questioning CB.

- Loiero has his best game of the season, only forward that ran for over 100m and turned momentum off the bench.

Not much else.

Negatives

- Outside backs were putrid, no punch and no clue, including X tonight. That whole 3/4 line was horrendous.

- As mentioned Grant was like a puppy off the chain, he needed to run and play direct and do his job of bringing the forwards onto the ball and did neither, tries to become the half back and stifles everything, at least he has a crack unlike some others though.

- Forwards were just embarrassed, laid down. Again no one breaks 100 in the starting pack and to be honest it’s not good enough at this level. They all need to put in a bit more.

- Coaching, I’m sorry, but even the great CB needs to be culpable, why take the 2 when down 6? Someone please explain this to me?
Papenhuyzen23
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:55 pm
Scooter wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:32 pm That try is Anderson's fault I suppose Papenhuyzen23?
Everyone, we must bow at the feet of Papenhuyzen23's superior wisdom. Clearly he is secretly Warren Ryan.
Do you ever contribute anything besides trying to be funny and failing spectacularly at others expenses?

This is a forum no? I like how you ignore someone targeting me but call out my reaction ::)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That Loiero was such an obvious standout says a lot about our pack. Can’t rely on any of our middles. Even the two edges had negative plays that hurt us.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:00 pm Why is it that when we play at Brooky the side's IQ collectively drops by 80%?

Our forwards seriously need a tune up.
I don't think being skipper has done Harry any favours. Problem is, who would we give it to?
You could make the argument for Hughes to take it as a member of the leadership group or maybe King?
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:02 pm That Loiero was such an obvious standout says a lot about our pack. Can’t rely on any of our middles. Even the two edges had negative plays that hurt us.
I’m a big fan of Loiero. I’ll throw it out there - I think he’s the team’s best middle forward outside of King.

He makes mistakes and gives away penalties but that’s because he’s involved and trying things. He’ll only get better. Last year was bad because I believe he was playing out of position.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The pillow with legs just doesn’t cause enough damage with the ball in hand for mine. And by “enough”, I mean “any”.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:02 pm

Do you ever contribute anything besides trying to be funny and failing spectacularly at others expenses?

This is a forum no? I like how you ignore someone targeting me but call out my reaction ::)
The comment you reacted to wasn't an insult, the comment you reacted with was. Simple really.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

All in all, we played horse shit tonight and only lost by one converted try. The Sea Wiggles almost knocked off the Broncos last week on their home ground, no mean feat. We have the week off, and then face up against the one-manned Knights (Ponga).
Papenhuyzen23
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:08 pm

The comment you reacted to wasn't an insult, the comment you reacted with was. Simple really.
Scooter is a big boy, doesn’t need you to hold his hand TC.

Again I’m not sure why if you simply don’t like my opinion (which is pretty obvious) you don’t just keep scrolling, stop interacting with me if I bother you so much. You just lurk and pounce when you can get a cheap shot in.
Daeman
Squall
Squall

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:16 pm
TC wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:08 pm

Scooter is a big boy, doesn’t need you to hold his hand TC.

Again I’m not sure why if you simply don’t like my opinion (which is pretty obvious) you don’t just keep scrolling, stop interacting with me if I bother you so much. You just lurk and pounce when you can get a cheap shot in.
This is a forum no? People are free to disagree with you or call you out if you're dribbling.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Sea Wiggles coach was complaining about how many times they've had to travel to Queensland haha.Typical NSW flogs!!
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm had a 5 day turn around and had to travel to Briabane and then to Sydney!!