2017 Grand Final: Storm Vs Cowboys

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

stormfan2010 wrote:
Mattpoet wrote:Hughes has been confirmed with a broken foot
Hope he gets hit foot right for a big preseason. I've got a feeling of we win this will be Bills last game and he will hang up the boots. I'd almost bet on it.
I think you're right. In fact I can think of no other scenario that explains why his 2018 status remains in limbo.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Section 140 for me... let's get loud!!!

Still watching flights home drop before I book - just booked up so far.

I miss the after party, and I agree it sucks, but that's the problem with the 7.15 kickoff. By the time anything would be ready to happen, there's no more trains home so they won't do it. I'm deciding if I book a flight home early enough to be home to go to Fed Square if we get up or not!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just jumped on to Ticketek - Storm Supporters section is sold out. Still seats in Cowboys and other areas of the ground. Bring on Sunday!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just on whether Bill will retire or not i'm pretty confident he'll play on, he had two seasons out and with his the way he's played this year he certainly got another year of good footy in him. I reckon Coops will hang them up though and selfishly hope he does.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Ice wrote:Just on whether Bill will retire or not i'm pretty confident he'll play on, he had two seasons out and with his the way he's played this year he certainly got another year of good footy in him. I reckon Coops will hang them up though and selfishly hope he does.
If he was 100% going to play on he'd be signed up by now. The fact that he isn't means that a) he is retiring no matter what, or b) the result on the weekend dictates what he does (win = retire, lose = another year)
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jahrome Hughes posted on Instagram that he is in hospital.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Meant to be having surgery so makes sense.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormfan2010 wrote:
Mattpoet wrote:Hughes has been confirmed with a broken foot
Hope he gets hit foot right for a big preseason. I've got a feeling of we win this will be Bills last game and he will hang up the boots. I'd almost bet on it.
He should.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Lucas wrote:
Ice wrote:Just on whether Bill will retire or not i'm pretty confident he'll play on, he had two seasons out and with his the way he's played this year he certainly got another year of good footy in him. I reckon Coops will hang them up though and selfishly hope he does.
If he was 100% going to play on he'd be signed up by now. The fact that he isn't means that a) he is retiring no matter what, or b) the result on the weekend dictates what he does (win = retire, lose = another year)
Nah, I honestly think he doesn't know. Hope he goes around again - I reckon he's about 60-40 to play on one more year.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: If he was 100% going to play on he'd be signed up by now. The fact that he isn't means that a) he is retiring no matter what, or b) the result on the weekend dictates what he does (win = retire, lose = another year)
I never said he'd 100% play on, what i did say is that i'm pretty confident he will go around again. Of course i could be totally wrong there but that's just my opinion.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Anyone heard from Sallymay?
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

FWIW I think Slater will definitely play on. Like Smith, he's in startling form.

Re Sunday: Let's not have a repeat of 2016 - thank you.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Kettles wrote:FWIW I think Slater will definitely play on. Like Smith, he's in startling form.

Re Sunday: Let's not have a repeat of 2016 - thank you.
Send chambers to passing school.... still burns a bit if im being honest
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No sh!t Sherlock. hmm. He has redeemed himself a little to be honest, this year although he's altogether too selfish for Melbourne Storm... His 2016 season was bloody atrocious.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

So, is Griffin buggering off, or are we stuck with him?