Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Wishlist:

Kirisome Auva'a.
Dan Tupou.
Brandon Elliott.
Aaron Gray
Corey Thompson.
Suaia Matagi
Sam Tagataese
Cameron King
Tommy Butterfield
Tinirau Arona
Sam Tagataese
Isaac John (If we don't re-sign Nona which we should)

I think the chances of getting Corey Thompson are particularly strong given we were close to getting him before he signed with the Dogs. Hopefully there's no bad blood there.

If we re-sign any of the following - Dean Britt, Dayne Weston, Billy Brittan, Duffie, Learoyd Lahrs, Travis Robinson.. I will not be happy.

Would love a backline of...

1. Billy Slater
2. Corey Thompson
3. Will Chambers
4. Kirsome Auva'a/Aaron Gray
5. Marika Koribete
6. Shaun Nona/Cameron Munster
7. Cooper Cronk
Last edited by Inglis#3 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Problem there mate...Kirisome resigned with souths months ago just nothing been said yet cause no ones been talking about him

I read somewhere yesterday travis Robinson signed with the sharks and we lost Latrell as well

As for everyone else I say yes to Issac

Nothing wrong with duffie I'd keep him
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:Problem there mate...Kirisome resigned with souths months ago just nothing been said yet cause no ones been talking about him

I read somewhere yesterday travis Robinson signed with the sharks and we lost Latrell as well

As for everyone else I say yes to Issac

Nothing wrong with duffie I'd keep him
Heavily target Gray then. They have a few other young outside backs of contract so they'll have to give up one.

We continue to re-sign Duffie but he's become a liability. Go for someone like Thompson who's going to be a consistent force.
Kya
Squall
Squall

I might be wrong but I'm fairly certain that Aaron Gray resigned with Souths the other week.

No to Tagatase, big no to Auva who isn't available anyway and no to Arona.
Yes to Isacc John if no Nona, Thompson and Tupou yes!
King has had a lot of hype but I've yet to see him live up to it.

Personality wise I doubt King would fit in. Also I'm fairly sure he is Greg Alexander's nephew and I'm not sure I could bear him bagging out the rest of our team while pumping up his nephews reputation.

Though if I'm mistaken and Aaron Gray was available than absolutely, in a heartbeat.

Also Travis Robinson is no loss, so I hope that rumour is true and knowing us we will recruit more in off season but get the dreaded feeling we may retain Weston.
Unless Nona wants to go home than I imagine we will give him a top 25 contract.

I'd persevere with Hunt as he is young and deserves time to develop. Would imagine that Welch, Suli and Nelson will move into top 25 list.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't get the Corey Thompson love. His effort is really good and he's shown to be a good finisher close to the line, but his size gets found out every week.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Felise Kaufusi has re-signed with Storm for another two years. That's good news.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Felise Kaufusi has re-signed with Storm for another two years. That's good news.
Great news. In a string of poor team performances, Felise has been a standout. At times he looks like the only one willing to run hard. Love his enthusiasm.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Excellent news. We seem to know how to develop/recruit these young forwards. Wish some of whatever we do with them would rub off on some outside backs.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stoked about Felise, he's shown a lot of potential so far, can only get better I hope.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good news Weston has signed with Leigh for two years.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Best of luck to Dayne. He won't go down as one of our "recycled forward" success stories unfortunately.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not freeking sign Francis FRANKKKKK
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dayne hasn't exactly set the world on fire since joining the Storm. Which is unfortunate because he showed a bit of promise with strong runs and offloads for Sharks NSW Cup team when he first arrived. All the best at Leigh Dayne.

So not overly worried about Dayne leaving. But am worried about the start of stream of people leaving and no announcements of signings from other clubs (just Stimson being promoted).
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rumour around today that Aaron Gray is set to reject an offer from the Storm and stay with the Rabbitohs.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Feleti Mateo is going to be on the market apparently.

Would love to see him at the Storm if he was willing to come on a reduced contract.