2013 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Just off twitter Lagi Setu signed with the raiders from 2014
http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/ ... Setu/77853

Dammit...would have loved him to stay to see Bellyache get the best out him.

Maybe he wanted too much coin.

Or maybe Craig wasn't too upset to see him leave.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And here's the official line....

"Melbourne said salary cap pressure meant they were unable to re-sign Setu and also confirmed Junior Sau's departure to Super League club Salford at the end of the year.

"It was the club's and both Junior and Lagi's preference to remain with Melbourne Storm, however due to salary cap constraints and other circumstances we were unable to offer them a position on our playing roster for 2014," Storm football manager Frank Ponissi said."

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sp ... 2otrz.html
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just a rumour. Apparently Kris Keating has signed with us.

Yuck.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Vomit
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Omg eweee
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

where did you hear this?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Te mole on twitter
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Adam Hawse originally.

This would be such a meh signing that to me anyway, doesn't make much sense.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Unless it's for the rest of the season as cover now that Widdop's gone down, I don't understand it either
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

your gotta be f##king kidding.. kris keating... FMD.. oh well looks like sharks/storm nsw cup bench just got stronger.. talk about pouring money down a rat hole..
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattystorm1987 wrote:your gotta be f##king kidding.. kris keating... FMD.. oh well looks like sharks/storm nsw cup bench just got stronger.. talk about pouring money down a rat hole..
If Craig has chosen him and he's wearing a purple jersey...he'll get my unswerving support and loyalty.

Remember boys and girls...we are from Melbourne and we Members and supporters have class.

We are Melbourne Storm.......not some rabble from NSW, Canberra or Qld....
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm Spirit wrote:
mattystorm1987 wrote:your gotta be f##king kidding.. kris keating... FMD.. oh well looks like sharks/storm nsw cup bench just got stronger.. talk about pouring money down a rat hole..
If Craig has chosen him and he's wearing a purple jersey...he'll get my unswerving support and loyalty.

Remember boys and girls...we are from Melbourne and we Members and supporters have class.

We are Melbourne Storm.......not some rabble from NSW, Canberra or Qld....
well its a pointless signing.. we r most likely going to lose norrie so we should be signing big boppers.. we have ben hampton matt mcgahan and kurt mann for depth in the halves and the possiablity of keeping blair/finch.. y would u sign another half??? pointless
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattystorm1987 wrote:well its a pointless signing.. we r most likely going to lose norrie so we should be signing big boppers.. we have ben hampton matt mcgahan and kurt mann for depth in the halves and the possiablity of keeping blair/finch.. y would u sign another half??? pointless
Exactly.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:
mattystorm1987 wrote:well its a pointless signing.. we r most likely going to lose norrie so we should be signing big boppers.. we have ben hampton matt mcgahan and kurt mann for depth in the halves and the possiablity of keeping blair/finch.. y would u sign another half??? pointless
Exactly.
No disrespect, but this comment and others like it would assume that you know more than Craig Bellamy, Kevin Walters, David Kidwell and Frank Ponissi.

I know where my money is....

How about we wait to 1). see if it's confirmed and 2). what's the context of the signing in relation to other players.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As fans we're allowed to voice our opinons on our team. We don't have to fall in love with everything the club does.

I don't like Keating. My opinon won't change whether Bellamy and co do. Now that doesn't mean I don't trust the decisions the club makes either. This rumoured acquisition is just odd.