2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Confirmed weve signed possibly NZ best outside back prospect. Wont be here till the 2013 season but this kids Good.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

He doesn't look happy but :lol:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He looks like he wants to get down to business 8)

Btw I posted this last year.
Michael :P wrote:Good game on today in the U-15's bewteen Wellington and Counties, PPR v Ruben Rennie who apparently goes very,very good as well (D-Bell, make it so)
My guess is Darren Bell is Hughzy
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storming wrote:i know people have been making stuff up on forums to get the twitter guys looking stupid, lets hope this is another example of it. SIKA DONT LEAVE!
i spoke with an ex-storm player who is privy to this kind of information and the sika rumours are entirely false and he is not looking at any clubs till his contract is up for renewal
Monsoon
Monsoon

2012 squad is shaping up nicely, CONFIRMED so far our best 17 -

1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Duffie
3. Maurice Blair
4. Dane Nielsen
5. Justin O'Neill
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Sika Manu
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Kevin Proctor

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Mitchell Johnson
16. Jaiman Lowe
17. Anthony Quinn

Not too bad, and if i recall correctly Beau's contract was 300k+ foe his 2nd & 3rd year while we had 350k for adam blair you'd think + prob 200k for chase, only got hoffman so far so i think there may well be another couple good signings, i'm still hearing Joel Moon's name alot...
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i dont think we need moon, we have plenty of backs coming through and already signed. another prop is what i would like to see, paea hasnt signed yet for next year and playing nsw cup for the dogs, anyone else with size and experience still out there?
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He was was head and shoulders the best player in the NZ Under 15 Rep comptetition.
Tall, fast, strong.

Could play toyota cup by next year even though he is only 16.
Just needs to keep his head on his shoulders.
perhaps he should keep the name Karl filiga above his bed.
Mean Maori Mean' opinion of Reuben. He knows the scene pretty well.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Fonua and Niko will definitely get a run with us next year too I reckon. Kenny Bromwich and Harris possibilities also. As with Jack Afamasaga and Sione Kite.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
hughzy
Squall
Squall

just wondering, is sione kite signed for next year ? he was agressive and ran the ball straight and hard! when does he come back from injury cause his the kinda guy we need in our forward pack. ?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

The last time I saw the injury list I think he was due back round 20 (this week). But even if he was fit he'd have to play a handfull of NSWCup games and train with the boys before he got a start. And that's without mentioning impress the hell out of Bellamy, and show why he deserves a gig ahead of Lowe, Woolly, Norrie, Bromwich or Thommo.
I hope he's good enough, because that would mean he's bloody good!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

players off contract at the end of 2011 according to (zero tackle) website..

front rowers:
Isaak Ah Mau, Leeson Ah Mau, Chris Armit, Tinirau Arona, Dane Carlaw, Matt Cross, Adam Cuthbertson, David Gower, David Hala, Jason King, Brent Kite, Sione Kite, Daine Laurie, Johnny Mannah, Manase Manuokafoa, Josh McGuire, Josh Miller, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Mickey Paea, George Rose, Jason Ryles, Troy Thompson, Siosaia Vave, Adam Woolnough, Broderick Wright

second rowers:
Jack Afamasaga, Rohan Ahern, Tim Browne, Cameron Ciraldo, Joe Galuvao, Joseph Leilua, Todd Lowrie, Sika Manu, Jake Marketo, Willie Mataka, Vic Mauro, Constantine Mika, Junior Moors, Brad Morrin, Nigel Plum, Andrew Ryan, Korbin Sims, Steve Southern, Atelea Vea, Gary Warburton, Michael Worrincy

any one there you would like to see in a storm jersey for 2011??????

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com.au/rugby-leag ... z1SXry3jhu
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storma01 wrote:players off contract at the end of 2011 according to (zero tackle) website..

front rowers:
Isaak Ah Mau, Leeson Ah Mau, Chris Armit, Tinirau Arona, Dane Carlaw, Matt Cross, Adam Cuthbertson, David Gower, David Hala, Jason King, Brent Kite, Sione Kite, Daine Laurie, Johnny Mannah, Manase Manuokafoa, Josh McGuire, Josh Miller, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Mickey Paea, George Rose, Jason Ryles, Troy Thompson, Siosaia Vave, Adam Woolnough, Broderick Wright

second rowers:
Jack Afamasaga, Rohan Ahern, Tim Browne, Cameron Ciraldo, Joe Galuvao, Joseph Leilua, Todd Lowrie, Sika Manu, Jake Marketo, Willie Mataka, Vic Mauro, Constantine Mika, Junior Moors, Brad Morrin, Nigel Plum, Andrew Ryan, Korbin Sims, Steve Southern, Atelea Vea, Gary Warburton, Michael Worrincy

any one there you would like to see in a storm jersey for 2011??????

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com.au/rugby-leag ... z1SXry3jhu

YES THERE SURE AS HELL BLOODY IS......SIKA MANU.

What is Sika's name doing on that list.....isn't he off contract at the end of 2012 ???.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yes Sione Kite, Daine Laurie, Johnny Mannah, Manase Manuokafoa, Josh McGuire, Josh Miller, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Mickey Paea, George Rose, Jason Ryles, Troy Thompson, Siosaia Vave, Adam Woolnough, Jack Afamasaga, Cameron Ciraldo, Joe Galuvao, Joseph Leilua, Todd Lowrie, Sika Manu,Willie Mataka, Constantine Mika, Junior Moors,Andrew Ryan, Korbin Sims, Steve Southern, Atelea Vea, Gary Warburton, Michael Worrincy
Not asking for much am i hahaha
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

front rowers:

second rowers:

paea is on the bench in nsw cup for the dogs, he would be looking around at another club surely!! if we sign him then i think we could drop either thommo or woolly, woolly is safe but very slow! and thommo has the defence the storm like.

with kostjasyn and hinchy there i dont think we need lowrie now, they all play similar roles.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

apparently there is a strong rumour tonight that maurice blair has signed a two yr deal to go back to penrith god it hope that is not true

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image