Stormv Titans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hampton's ridiculously bad.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Inglis#3 wrote:Benjamin Roberts. I knew he'd turn out good for us.
Really don't see why he cops as much shit as he does (not just on this forum). In all his games for us he has been solid. I think he plays well when he doesn't have to consistently be the dominant half. I would be more than happy with a Cronk/Roberts halves combination.

Hampton on the other hand should stay as far away from the halves as possible. Stifled our attack every time he got his hands on the ball while we were on attack.

Both their trys were unlucky but geez we should already have this game in the bag
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Only thing negative about Roberts game tonight was his goal kicking. Fantastic overall game from him though. Stepped up in a game where we needed him to step up. Can't ask for anything more than that. Jesse, Kurt and Tohu all played big parts in getting us the win as well. Feels nice to see us win without the big 3.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Will take that win.

With close to $2.2m of talent off the park...there was loads of inexperience out there.

Titans inexperienced as well...but Storm can only beat the team that's out there against them.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jesse Bromwich sensational again. 29 tackles 175 metres 4 offloads. Deserved man of the match.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Jesse Bromwich sensational again. 29 tackles 175 metres 4 offloads. Deserved man of the match.
+1
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

+2! MVP for us this year for sure!

Can't help but mention Mann as well - he won't see reserves again if Bellamy has any sense at all!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Jesse, Roberts and Hinchy my best tonight, I thought Hinchcliffe actually had his best game at 9 ever, was tremendous.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

On top of that, how about Jesse's Try Assists, Line Breaks and Line Break Assists!?

DOMINANT! He played prop, did that job and then stepped in to fill the hole at 5/8 as well.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac I agree Jesse should be leading our player of the year with daylight second.

Yourhero I said to my wife how about those passes from Jesse? A prop isn't meant to be able to do that.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yeah Hinchy was very good. Also thought Moors hit hard in defence. All in all a good performance from the team
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Very sweet to have that winning feeling back. Bromwich, Harris and Roberts were sensational.

Had my heart in my mouth as the medi-cab came out for Will but he appears to be all sweet now.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I love how crusher tackles only count if you are wearing a purple jumper ::)
Monsoon
Monsoon

Thoughts on the line up for the Parramatta game? I'd go with:

1. Slater
2. Waqa
3. Chambers
4. Fonua
5. Mann
6. Roberts
7. Smith (c)
8. Bromwich
9. Hinchcliffe
10. Norrie
11. Proctor
12. Hoffman
13. Harris

14. K.Bromwich
15. Glasby
16. Moors
17. McLean

I think Young needs afew weeks in NSW cup for confidence, he has been shaky the last few weeks.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:I love how crusher tackles only count if you are wearing a purple jumper ::)

hhhhmmmmm...thought the same.

Knew if it was Storm player that did the tackle...it would have been a penalty and on Report