Judgement Day

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ice wrote:
BigG wrote: [

As much as you hate News Ltd, they are the ones proping up the Storm to a tune of 14m, so why should they not call the shots?? Need to look at this with your head and not your heart, as hard as it is.
and we're meant to be grateful just because of that? It looks like News' spin had the desired affect on some people. If they were the only ones willing to prop us up then i'd show a bit of grattitude but the fact is they aren't. They had a consortium of influential Melbourne business men who actually love the club and were more than willing to "prop up the club" even after this whole debacle and they didn't sell. I tell you what, the day they do sell the club and we're rid of this cancer for good then and only then will i be grateful to News Limited. Until then, in my book they can go and get fcked.
Yes we should be grateful, at no time has anyone come forward to buy the Storm, unless you can prove me wrong and I will eat humble pie,( but then again why should anyone be forced to sell something unless want to, they have invested in the Storm for 10 years remember). I would welcome it with open arms, but the reality is, we are owned by the News Ltd and they call the shots, thats life. lets face it  with no News Ltd there is no Storm, simple.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

BigG wrote:
Ice wrote:
BigG wrote: [

As much as you hate News Ltd, they are the ones proping up the Storm to a tune of 14m, so why should they not call the shots?? Need to look at this with your head and not your heart, as hard as it is.
and we're meant to be grateful just because of that? It looks like News' spin had the desired affect on some people. If they were the only ones willing to prop us up then i'd show a bit of grattitude but the fact is they aren't. They had a consortium of influential Melbourne business men who actually love the club and were more than willing to "prop up the club" even after this whole debacle and they didn't sell. I tell you what, the day they do sell the club and we're rid of this cancer for good then and only then will i be grateful to News Limited. Until then, in my book they can go and get fcked.
Yes we should be grateful, at no time has anyone come forward to buy the Storm, unless you can prove me wrong and I will eat humble pie,( but then again why should anyone be forced to sell something unless want to, they have invested in the Storm for 10 years remember). I would welcome it with open arms, but the reality is, we are owned by the News Ltd and they call the shots, thats life. lets face it  with no News Ltd there is no Storm, simple.
Actually Gerry Ryan and a consortium of Melbourne businessmen put forward an offer to buy the club in the wake of the salary cap dramas and were consequently knocked back. Without News there still would be a Storm providing the owners have deep pockets.
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Tigger wrote:
BigG wrote:
Tigger wrote: I agree with Jelly about that fact that we (and by that I mean a few people) did wrong and that the punishment - albeit harsh - was somewhat appropriate.  
I don't agree that the case (in some form) should be dropped however because those people are the only ones actually looking after the best interests of Melbourne Storm it seems.  The way things were handled in April by the NRL was suspect to say the least - there had to have been some collusion with News and their Storm reps without our independent members knowledge.

I do not agree with News Ltd sacking the four independent board members!  John Hartigan has made some insinuations about the board members and players that are disgusting!  I am so angry at that company and that man!  News are the ones who RUN the club and all this slipped by them over five years so now they are blaming everyone for their own incompetence!  
News Ltds monopoly with the NRL must end!!

Words cannot describe how I feel right now.

Oh believe me I am using my head with this situation as it's taken so long to get to this point.
News are the ones running the club as you've stated - why then have they not (with their internal and independent audits) noticed over the past FIVE years that something was up?  Hartigan & his lackey stated that they did not see anything untoward in payments of a few hundred thousand dollars a year to charity - oh please!  Would you not wonder why Storm (even with the vast ethnicity of our players) would be giving out cash to a charity who works for mainly indigenous Australians?  Wouldn't you also question "consultation" payments from that foundation?  Why would a charity pay our players as consultants??

News have a conflict of interest with Storm & the NRL and Hartigan did not answer certain questions put to him well at all.  Stating that News would not sell Storm to Gerry Ryan (or anyone) until things were sorted completely......ANY company of repute, anywhere in the world, would be happy to get rid of a business that costs them so much to run with no return unless there were something else in it for them.

The sooner our club is out of News Ltds control the better.  Then we will have totally INDEPENDENT management of our club!
I totally aggree with you, I want them out also, but I was just stating fact, they are the only ones proping up the Storm, as much as we all hate that fact we have to move on and look forward to 2011, we can only alter the future not the past so lets keep positive and not give the media something else to snipe about.
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Freshy wrote:
BigG wrote:
Ice wrote: and we're meant to be grateful just because of that? It looks like News' spin had the desired affect on some people. If they were the only ones willing to prop us up then i'd show a bit of grattitude but the fact is they aren't. They had a consortium of influential Melbourne business men who actually love the club and were more than willing to "prop up the club" even after this whole debacle and they didn't sell. I tell you what, the day they do sell the club and we're rid of this cancer for good then and only then will i be grateful to News Limited. Until then, in my book they can go and get fcked.
Actually Gerry Ryan and a consortium of Melbourne businessmen put forward an offer to buy the club in the wake of the salary cap dramas and were consequently knocked back. Without News there still would be a Storm providing the owners have deep pockets.
and thats the problem, whos got 14m to lose every year, Jayco are not that big to lose that type of money, anyway enough said on this subject now, I,ve stated the facts, i just want to look forward to next year.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BigG wrote:

We also stated the fact that the consortium have approached News on at least 2 occasions to buy the club and they were knocked back. I was unaware you were privy to Jayco's financial position but i dare say Mr Ryan would have more knowlegde of his finances than you and if he didn't have the money to buy the Storm and keep them afloat then he sure as hell wouldn't offer to buy them would he?  

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sp ... 5866996885

Enjoy your pie.
Last edited by Ice on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ice wrote:
BigG wrote:

We also stated the fact that the consortium have approached News on at least 2 occasions to buy the club and they were knocked back. I was unaware you were privy to Jayco's financial position but i dare say Mr Ryan would have more knowlegde of his finances than you and if he didn't have the money to buy the Storm and keep them afloat then he sure as hell wouldn't offer to buy them would he?  

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sp ... 5866996885

Enjoy your pie.
Yes I am in a position to look at Jayco's financials, and bottom line is they could not afford to lose 14 m off their bottom line a year, and its funny how you are willing to quote articles in the tabloids to support your opinion and the rubbish them when it suits you, ohh how fickle we are.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You asked for proof and i provided it, if you don't want to believe it then that's up to you but i course you wouldn't because it flat out proved you wrong. Did you even read it? Clearly not because if you did it wasn't just usual paper talk with no proof to back it up, it was actually quotes from the very man who wants to buy the club and he said as much from his own mouth, yet you still dispute it as just tabloid talk :lol:

Obviously that pie is too bitter to swallow...
Show em Howe
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

haha cop that BigG.........stick it to 'em Ice  ;D
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought it was only deluded opposition supporters that completely ignored facts even when they're staring them right in the face and also contain direct quotes from the person in question but it would seem some or our own do it to. The accountant from Jayco no less.....
Show em Howe
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Perhaps its Rebecca Wilson in disguise.....
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Show em Howe wrote: Perhaps its Rebecca Wilson in disguise.....

I reckon you could be onto something there. It's certainly not the most implausible theory i've heard today.
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ice wrote: You asked for proof and i provided it, if you don't want to believe it then that's up to you but i course you wouldn't because it flat out proved you wrong. Did you even read it? Clearly not because if you did it wasn't just usual paper talk with no proof to back it up, it was actually quotes from the very man who wants to buy the club and he said as much from his own mouth, yet you still dispute it as just tabloid talk :lol:

Obviously that pie is too bitter to swallow...
Not keen on Rhubarb  :lol:
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Show em Howe wrote: haha cop that BigG.........stick it to 'em Ice  ;D
:lol: :lol: :lol:  Like it
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Show em Howe wrote: Perhaps its Rebecca Wilson in disguise.....
I prefer Becky  :P
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Atleast Bourbon Beccy would go alright in the sack
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler