RD 7 Cowboy Vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

First off, real tough win, our defence particularly in the middle of the field was very strong.

Nacho's comment re: slater....i disagree with. BUT in a way, the team did have to re shuffle, and we obviously had to play another game plan with Geyer at 5/8, GI at fullback (and whatever other alternations there were). Slates is a huge part of our attack and obviously we were going to struggle with-out him, take any key player out of any side and they lose something in attack. We can win with-out him...and win big too IOMO, last night was just a tough cowboys side along with some shitty refs calls, how the hell was Blair off-side on that bomb?

Thurston is a dirty prick, always has been. looks like he has aids or some sort of disease, billy may want to get some sort of shot or something. Scraggy looking junkie he is. I thought it would have atleast got a penalty ...but the "best halfback" (<<<bahahaha) in the game is protected species especially near test time.

Turner....needs to have a seat for a week. He played ok in attack...but his rushing in in defence is going to cost us a game very soon.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seriously guys and girls, take the purple coloured glasses off for a minute.  If you really think Thurston intentionally eye-gouged Bill, we were watching a diff game!
As for the penalty count, I don't have a lot of issues with the majority of our pens against, the part that pissed me off, was that they did the exact same thing in a number of tackles that didn't get pinged.  that was my issue.

Zap may rush in, but Chambers needs to learn to hold a line.  He is about 5m infront of both his inside and outside defender all the bloody time, and it's going to hurt eventually!
I thought Issy was outstanding defensively last night too.  The sort of game in the past he'd have been MIA due to the defensive tussle, but he was great IMO
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

steaming stormer wrote: Seriously guys and girls, take the purple coloured glasses off for a minute.  If you really think Thurston intentionally eye-gouged Bill, we were watching a diff game!
As for the penalty count, I don't have a lot of issues with the majority of our pens against, the part that pissed me off, was that they did the exact same thing in a number of tackles that didn't get pinged.  that was my issue.

Zap may rush in, but Chambers needs to learn to hold a line.  He is about 5m infront of both his inside and outside defender all the bloody time, and it's going to hurt eventually!
I thought Issy was outstanding defensively last night too.  The sort of game in the past he'd have been MIA due to the defensive tussle, but he was great IMO
Not only is Chambers rushing out of his line too often , but he is coming up empty on nearly every occasion ,

If he comes out of his line and nails the ball carrier, beautifull, but he is rushing up and trying to tackle with his hands and arms, AFL style  with no shoulder,and they are going through his attempt,

Schoolboy error stuff, I really think his problem is technique related more than mental , his desire seems to be there,

Hopefully Bellamy can correct him, Bell had a similiar problem when Muppett was coaching, and Bellamy fixed him.

He better , because you can bet every coach in the NRL is becoming aware of it .
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

If anyone can fix it with him,it's Bellamy
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

well he has been doing it all year...and it hasnt been fixed yet.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

steaming stormer wrote: Seriously guys and girls, take the purple coloured glasses off for a minute.  If you really think Thurston intentionally eye-gouged Bill, we were watching a diff game!
Agree.

:D
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lol @ Webb making the Australian team.
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just for the record, my Mum says it looked deliberate. If there was ever an unbiased opinion, that would be it!  ;D
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Tempest wrote: Just for the record, my Mum says it looked deliberate. If there was ever an unbiased opinion, that would be it!  ;D
Just for the record, Tempest's mum wouldn't know League from Ice Hockey. You couldn't get more unbiased.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

TC wrote:
Tempest wrote: Just for the record, my Mum says it looked deliberate. If there was ever an unbiased opinion, that would be it!  ;D
Just for the record, Tempest's mum wouldn't know League from Ice Hockey. You couldn't get more unbiased.
She asked me, "What, don't they get 'suspended' like in the, whatsit, AFL?"
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

IMO the finger in the eye (with obviously girly nails judging by the deep gash) deserved a penalty for being high - I don't think it warranted a judiciary citing though... but to not get a penalty, especially with Thurston and the rest of the cowgirls and their grubby fans laughing (to the tune of "big girls don't cry") added insult to injury. :evil:

I really do hate the cowgirls, and every time we play them I am reminded why.

The less said about the refereeing the better, but yes, IMO we deserved most of the penalties for the lazy marker defense (laying on the player way too long mostly), but the cowgirls certainly deserved to be penalised more than twice!!

Not to mention the cowgirls getting preferential treatment by the broadcaster/video ref whenever they dropped the ball - every time they lost the ball it was reviewed, whereas our "spills" were simply "play on" to the cowgirls with no replays whatsoever...

Anyway, another 2 points on the road - that's the main thing I guess.  And no long term injury to Billy is a HUGE bonus.
Show em Howe
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I think Nacho should reassess his football commentary.

A premiership team relies on more than one player, especially more than just the fullback.

Watch the game pal.
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Slater has been the spark in the attack esp this year.

There was very little fire in the Storms attack after Billy came off.
( I know alot ofthe lack of attacking enthusiasm was due to the huge amount of defence the heavy penalty count ensured)
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

KimmorleyKiller wrote: Lol @ Webb making the Australian team.
Only there for one reason I can see,

As a ,  so called enforcer .
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm