2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Umm, where? That article talks about Quade Cooper, with no mention of Cronk anywhere (unless I'm blind)... :scratch:
Monsoon
Monsoon

One of your best Sally!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

no i was just saying a few weeks ago the same group of ppl, the same ppl trying to put the team together were saying that cooper cronk was their latest target now they have changed their minds to quade.....i wouldnt be surprized if he did end up there if he left melbourne

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

anyone see the article today about craig wanting GI to come back to the storm after the rabbitohs contract finishes it also talks about hoffy being really close to a storm return

CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:anyone see the article today about craig wanting GI to come back to the storm after the rabbitohs contract finishes it also talks about hoffy being really close to a storm return

No, do you have a link?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

GREG Inglis will be doing his best to bring down his former club on Sunday, but Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy yesterday made it clear the Queensland and Australian centre would always be welcome back at the Storm.

"I find it pretty hard to imagine watching him play against us," Bellamy said."At the end of the day, that's how it is, so we have to deal with it. I think he will find it pretty hard playing against us, too. "If he ever wanted to come back and play, he would be very, very welcome. He's still really popular among everyone here."

Inglis has not played for nearly four weeks, but will return from a hip injury against the Storm at ANZ Stadium, after being named in the Rabbitohs side yesterday. For both Bellamy and Inglis, it shapes as an emotional occasion. Inglis made his name in Melbourne under Bellamy's coaching and he left only because the salary cap scandal forced the club to shed players.

His departure was muddied by haggling over legal fees, but Bellamy made it clear there was no bad blood but only admiration for a player he still rates among his favourites.Now Inglis is making his return against his former club, with a possible State of Origin berth on the line. He missed Origin I with injury, but has only to get through Sunday's game to make the Queensland side for the second game. "These things happen in our game these days, players leaving clubs," Bellamy said.

"He's really highly thought of down here for what he's done for this club, especially in big games. He's a big-time performer. "Obviously, he would be looking to get back in that Origin side and put on a big performance on Sunday. "I don't think I have ever seen him play poorly or even average in a big game. I am talking semi-finals, grand finals, Tests, Origins. "I think Willie Tonga is out (for Queensland), so you would imagine GI would be the ideal replacement there. "Even with everyone being available, I think Queensland would still pick him."

Given the pair spent six years working in concert, one would suspect Bellamy would have a unique insight into stopping Inglis, yet he admits it is almost impossible to keep the clamps on a player of Inglis's ilk. Nevertheless, the onerous task will fall to Maurice Blair. "It's hard to keep players like that quiet for the 80 minutes," Bellamy said. "Any opportunity he gets, he usually takes. He will certainly come up during the week in our game plan _ certainly the defensive side of it.

"We probably know a little bit more about him, but stopping it is not that easy when you're a guy that big and that strong, with that pace and a real ability to read a game well and get in the right spot at the right time. "We will be doing our best." Bellamy spoke to Inglis last Saturday, but he's not sure if he will talk to him this week. Without doubt, though, he will catch up with Inglis after the game.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we need a big prop, waqa's brother did a pre-season with us this year, is he any chance for next year?
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:we need a big BEEFY prop, ?
I agree.

Love the beef.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stanley moved back to the islands so no we wont be getting him

STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

MICHAEL P - YOU REALLY LOVE TO BEEF - BUT I AGREE - GOOD PROP SHOULD BE SOLID BEEF
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Love the beef.

Forget your adonis wanna-be's like Jesse Bromwich, Jason Ryles (young), etc.

The best props are nearly always 1 less training session a week away from going on the biggest loser.

Matt Scott - Fatty
Trent Merrin - Fatty
Tariq Sims - on the border of an adonis but plenty of beef there
Sika Manu - Wagyu Beef
Russell Packer - Solid chuck steak
Ben Hannant - Albino fatty

etc,etc,etc
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

HA HA THATS FUNNY
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

You could screen a movie on Sika's back. I swear he's getting bigger every week. Not fat - just... big.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Going by this it would seem Blair`s management really are asking for 500K for his signature... and the Tiges are considering it. That`s nuts!!! :shock2: He better hope they haven`t been watching his last few games

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 1fgp5.html