Greg Inglis to Brisbane

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm Spirit wrote: The cynic in my says that Inglis has thrown out the lure of possibly returning to Melbourne Storm in the future to try and keep Storm people sweet with him for next 2 years.

He must know that given he has intentionally left the Storm family to play with the biggest pack of &%$# in the NRL, that he is going to cop a massive amount of flak on the field from Storm supporters.

It will do his friggen head when he plays Storm down here at  the Graveyard Mark 11 in 2011 and 2012.

Particularly under the circumstances that he left and the crap that came out his mouth over the last few months.

Guys like Zappa were left with no choice but to leave....pushed in effect....so we still love him.

Folau....meh....

Inglis...double meh with knobs on it
For gods sake, get over it. He was under performing at club level anyway, not to mention the massive slice of the salary cap he took up.

We should be patting him on the back and saying thankyou for the memories and all the very best in the future. there is no loyalty in the game, the cap see's to that.

IMO if works for both parties, the Storm and Greg.

So here it is Thankyou Greg for the memories and the best of luck in the future.
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

On The Hill wrote: I can't believe the amount of anti-Inglis sentiment out there in Storm land.

None of you personally know the guy because he is so shy with people he doesn't know (as are alot of indigenous people). Plus you have no idea of the exact circumstances surrounding his departure and how he feels about leaving. People claim they know this, or know that, or heard from someone, or came across him once. It makes you no better than the journo's you bag constantly.

I for one appreciate everything the bloke bought to this club. We made him a superstar of the game and he played a massive part in us winning to grand finals. I don't want him to go but considering the circumstances surrounding the decision am happy to believe his reasons are genuine.

I suggest the haters can get over themselves and enjoy the few remaining chances you get to see the best player in the world play for your club.
Yeah, but sorry, I don't appreciate being told I'm not allowed to have an opinion in the negative state as it pertains to this club, its coaches or players. I don't blindly look at this team through purple & navy blue glasses like a lot of others want to do so. And that's fine, let them stay deluded, but I'm entitled to be as critical as I want about this club jus' as much as you are entitled to be less critical for whatever reason/s you so choose...

Greg did the wrong thing, and even Blind Freddy can see it. So what he does now is up to him, he's in the past as far as I'm concerned now & the Broncos problem not ours...
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote: Mate, we're all supprters, fans, members etc of the club which means every single one of us can have an opinion on things and express how they feel and shouldn't be questioned for it. If those opinions don't happen to be the same as yours then so be it, it's every bit as valid as yours no matter how much you don't want to accept that fact.
x1

It's just as valid for people to say to all those cutting slack to Inglis for wanting to bail out on this Club...you are poor deluded fools who have been sucked in.

But we won't.

You have an opinion...others have a different opinion.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Him leaving  means Cronk,Slater and Smith will all be staying
Be happy,finding another shouldnt be to hard
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
stormdolls
Squall
Squall

JUST A QUESTION DOE'S ANYONE REALLY KNOW WHO GREG,S FIANCE' S EMPLOYER IS & IF HE IS CONNECTED IN ANY WAY TO THE BRONCO'S CLUB.

PLEASE JUST ANY BODY WHO HAS THE REAL FACTUAL ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WE HAVE ALL HEARD RUMOURS  & INUENDO BUT DOES ANYBODY REALLY KNOW THE TRUE FACTS.

IF BY CHANCE HER EMPLOYER IS CONNECTED TO THE BRONCO'S WELL THEN I MUST CONGRADULATE HIM ON A MASTER STROKE,GET TO THE KINGPIN OF THE PROBLEM.

:fla_england: :fla_england:
Honi Soit Qui Mal-y Pense
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I dare say if her job was connected to anyone it'd be Scum Limited.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He went for a footballing reason, he feels he will be a better player up ther, it has nothing to do with his girlfriend.  Lockyer and the rest of the Broncos C$%ks have been in his ear since the Test match.  Telling him how much better he will play up there with bigger crowds etc.  I'll tell you right now he will be no more effective for the Broncos.  All this crap like Wally Lewis saying he will be a better player up there.  Hello we have been in the last four grand finals.  And knocked the Broncos out every year.  Same will happen next year.  He is too heavily marked these days.  I would rather Izzy than Greg to be honest.  You get a good 20 tries a year from Izzy.  PS.  I don't rate Lockyer, never have.  Scott Hill was a much better 5/8. 
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Mauritian wrote: PS.  I don't rate Lockyer, never have.  Scott Hill was a much better 5/8. 
I respect you as a poster and all but u have got to be joking? Scott Hill will never be half the five eigth which Lockyer is. Lockyer will be one of the immortals of league.
stormdolls
Squall
Squall

mauritian,

is this FACTUAL or just an oppinionated statement by you?.

Honi Soit Qui Mal-y Pense
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Scott Hill my arse, what are you taking!!!!!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormdolls wrote: mauritian,

Inglis stuff factual.  Lockyer is just my opinion.  I just can't rate him.  Freshy, I never understood people not liking Scott Hill.  Try watching season 1998 and 1999 & 2006 Grand Final.  Yes Scott Hill was the best 5/8 going around.  That is why he played 10 tests for Australia at 5/8. Where was Golden boy Lockyer then??????
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Mauritian wrote:
stormdolls wrote: mauritian,

Inglis stuff factual.  Lockyer is just my opinion.  I just can't rate him.  Freshy, I never understood people not liking Scott Hill.  Try watching season 1998 and 1999 & 2006 Grand Final.  Yes Scott Hill was the best 5/8 going around.  That is why he played 10 tests for Australia at 5/8. Where was Golden boy Lockyer then??????

Yeah Scott Hill was a good player and considering who he represented then it must have some merit behind it. My family was his player sponsor and he was my favourite player but I would no where near say he's in the same calibre of Lockyer. The reason he was five eigth for Australia at the time was because Lockyer was the Australian fullback right up until 2002. Hill was underrated up until he played for Australia, and then he slowly became overrated.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think many people judge Scott Hill in his last season or 2 with us and not his entire career with us. IMO he was much more a very good footballer for our football team than what he was a bad one. As has been pointed out, you don't play as many games for Australia if you're an average player. In saying that Locky has been and will be remembered as one of the greats and rightly so.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Scott Hill V Darren Lockyer @ 5/8  ???

See how quickly the person responsible for the bulk of this thread becomes redundant  :twisted:

One door closes - A multitude of future options open  ;-)

Good luck with your choices Greg but beware of feral Queenslanders when you 'under perform'
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bourbon Rat wrote: Scott Hill V Darren Lockyer @ 5/8   ???

See how quickly the person responsible for the bulk of this thread becomes redundant  :twisted:

One door closes - A multitude of future options open  ;-)

Good luck with your choices Greg but beware of feral Queenslanders when you 'under perform'
Its funny I was so angry at Inglis on Tuesday & Wednesday.  One day
on and I don't care anymore.  I actually didn't think about him at all today until I came on here.  Ha ha.  I'm looking forward to next year immensly.  Just wish I didn't have to wait 7 months