Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Of course, should've worked that one out I suppose. Have you heard if Asofa-Solomona or Vunivalu have been offered anything?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Both are under 20 so still eligible for the 20s dont need first grade contracts yet
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gee Kirisome Auva'a would be handy in Storm jersey.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't remind us...grrr so angry at frank for letting him go and keeping matt duffie
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If he was still at the Storm a much bigger deal would have been made about what he did and more than likely he would have been suspended for the bulk of the season anyway, not just the piss poor 7 days that Souths 'suspended' him for. I would rather have an injured Duffie, who has at least contributed greatly to the community, than have that kind of a black cloud hanging over the club.

Forgetting his transgression, had he stayed Fonua may not have gotten an opportunity in the centres and we may never have looked at buying Koroibete. As well as he might play for Souths I think that we are lucky he left.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Regardless of how much talent he has i'm more than happy he won't be seen in a Storm jersey. I couldn't give a stuff when the incident happened, the simple fact is that he's a gutless coward who hits girls and in my opinion they don't deserve to be playing football let alone with us.

He obviously had it in him all along so who's to say he wouldn't have roughed her up anyway had he stayed? As they say you can't keep them all and in this case i'm more than happy we didn't.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I agree Ice, you can hit women and still be allowed to play in the NRL. But any social in discretion you get banned.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How quickly we forget we had Jeff Lima and Greg Inglis at the club who both had the same problem :'( :'( :'( I for one still love Kirisome and will always have my support
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:How quickly we forget we had Jeff Lima and Greg Inglis at the club who both had the same problem :'( :'( :'( I for one still love Kirisome and will always have my support
No ones forgotten Sallymay...but it's a great thing that it is no longer considered acceptable or tolerated by society in 2014.

White Ribbon Foundation has been crucial in bringing this issue out in the open and making people talk about it and form a strong stance against it.
Last edited by Storm Spirit on Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I certainly haven't forgotten about Inglis and my opinion of him went way down after that incident. I don't give a shit who it is, anyone who lays a finger on a female is gutless and i'll never ever condone it. If others do then that's entirely their prerogative but in saying that i don't know how anyone can....

As for Lima i actually don't even remember any incidents with him but my opinion still stands regardless of anyone who does it.
Kya
Squall
Squall

I have no memory of Jeff Lima's incident so I won't comment but personally I was happy to let Inglis go.

And while some people may have been happy to keep those sort of individuals at our club, it is 2014 and our club has always worked to uphold a culture of no dickheads. ( they were prepared to help Inglis because while he was COMPLETELY in the wrong, his now wife stood by him with a bizarre story and the truth is no one knows exactly what happened and the way the situation really unfolded (Substances anyone ??) )

I would imagine a large number of people actually didn't approve of Inglis' actions but short memories might recall that of the Fab Four, Greg was the one who supporters were more at ease with letting go...

ASSAULTING ( physically endangering a person with intent to hurt them) someone is not ok and is even worse to hit a woman, child or a vulnerable person of either gender.

As a society and our own small community of people who share a love for our club, we should aim to keep our standards high as a whole and not ignore the actions of our players or glorify them on the sole basis that they..
can throw or kick a ball
Or they r so hotttt etc
Or he has such a nice personalty blah, blah blah

So people are welcome to support Kirisome and Blake Ferguson, Robert Lui etc but some of us will happily keep our standards high and judge people on their actions to those weaker than themselves in day to day life and not solely on how talented an athlete they are or how well they play a sport....

People are always sorry in hindsight but if you are a decent human being, you don't feel entitled to commit a dog act and then have to ask forgiveness later.

Marika, Young and our emerging players who don't feel the need to abuse women have my full support!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

EXCLUSIVE in The Mole in @LeagueWeek today - @NZWarriors keen on @storm winger Justin O'Neill.

EXCLUSIVE in The Mole in @LeagueWeek today - several clubs sniffing around Moley's man @JoelRomelo.

EXCLUSIVE in The Mole in @LeagueWeek today - @NZWarriors sign brilliant @storm rookie fullback Tiaan Wilkins - kid CAN play.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well for a start tiaan has only played 18s for us and was in the 20s squad but has since moved to qld and playing for easts 18s so it a loss but not a big loss

Joel is wayyyy behind cam hinchy and Slade so I understand him leaving

Juzzy to nz is career suicide
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote:Well for a start tiaan has only played 18s for us and was in the 20s squad but has since moved to qld and playing for easts 18s so it a loss but not a big loss
Tiaan has never played any level for us we moved him from NZ to QLD to go to school and play for Easts and then he went back to NZ this year. He was our highest rated scholarship holder. He will go good with the Warriors.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm sure he played 18s but I'm proberly wrong