2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

anyone know how long jake hawkins is signed up for???

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

According to fox sports news, waterhouse may be forced out of penrith due to salary cap constraints. hope we make a play.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

wasnt he going overseas....he signed with a team i think

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:According to fox sports news, waterhouse may be forced out of penrith due to salary cap constraints. hope we make a play.
Chip doesnt :lol:
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

:crybaby: 8-[ :cussing: :sad1: angry9: :banghead: :nono: :what: :lost:
and then ....
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

haha, dont worry Chip, theres been no talk of backrower signings.

Were pretty set there with K-Bro and T coming through along with Proc and Sika
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:Expect the announcement of Luke Kelly's re signing this week along with possibly esi tonga.

well u got that right 1999 im gonna listen to you more often now

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... 1f0p5.html

THE Melbourne Storm has had a flood of applications to replace departing centres Beau Champion and Chase Stanley, football operations manager Frank Ponissi said yesterday.

Ponissi was responding to Penrith flyer Sandor Earl declaring in a Sydney newspaper last weekend that he was close to signing a contract with the Storm. Ponissi disagreed, saying Earl was merely one of a ''host of players [who] will be considered''. Champion has signed with the Gold Coast and Stanley is returning to St George Illawarra.

It is believed the Storm has received more than 20 expressions of interest from centres of varying abilities, but it has room for only one big-name recruit in the centres, although it would also look at lower-profiled players adding to its depth.

Dane Nielsen has proven so proficient as a centre for the Storm that he will tomorrow make his state-of-origin debut for Queensland as a replacement for injured superstar Greg Inglis, and the club also has several emerging players who could be developed into the role.

''We've definitely not made an offer [to Earl] and whilst he'll be considered with a host of other off-contracted players, there's no offer in the foreseeable future,'' Ponissi said.

Meanwhile, Ponissi said prop Troy Thompson would be available for selection to play Cronulla at AAMI Park on Sunday. Thompson has not played since injuring a knee in round five. His return was delayed after he suffered appendicitis and then spent five days in hospital when he developed an infection following surgery.

''He was one of our form front-rowers, if not our form front-rower at the time, but given the considerable amount of time that he's been out, whether the coach decides to put him straight into the NRL or give him a week or two to regain his match fitness is something that he'll decide over the next few days,'' Ponissi said.

The Storm has also re-signed reserve half-back Luke Kelly, who has played only two reserves games this year as he continues to struggle with groin pain following pre-season surgery, and forward Mitchel Johnson to one-year extensions

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... z1NFg7di6r
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sometimes i may hear things lol, you wont believe my next scoop.. let's just say you'll be over the moon ; )
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

please tell...got me excited

it better be blairy or sika or......anyone
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

or hoffman
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:or hoffman
Not familiar with 99' work Sally :lol:
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Interesting, not against it but if i was 23 years-old Id be wanting to play.

Did hear a juicy rumour Cronk wont see out his contract 8-[
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I have heard the Cronk rumours since the start of the year. I am of the understanding he is signed until 2013. So he will be a Storm player in 2012 and if he wants out for 2013 he can only go overseas not to another NRL club. But he is a free agent in 2014 and he has put contract talks on hold with the club until the end of the season.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:Sometimes i may hear things lol, you wont believe my next scoop.. let's just say you'll be over the moon ; )
Storm are going to sign Joel Moon ?

Is that what you are syaing 1999 ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sonny Bill Williams?

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image