Storm - Auckland 9s Side

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I noticed something during the Auckland 9s. How good is Andrew Voss as a commentator. He calls the game with such passion and energy and what in the world were Channel Nein thinking getting rid of him. I wish he would call games in Australia on Fox Sports instead of only Warriors games in Auckland during the NRL season.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Michael :P wrote:
brisbanestorm wrote:Fonua looks like he's got the size to be a pretty destructive centre.
Hes got the size to let centers run around him more like it.

Everyone whos watched him for a few years knows what he is.
Which is why I said he should play there in reserve grade... I'm not saying he should be #4 in Round 1 but if he gets used to defending at centre in the NSW Cup with his size he could easily replicate Konrad Hurrell. He already throws off defenders when he runs, and has shows he is capable of putting on good shots when he makes the right decision.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattstormy wrote:I noticed something during the Auckland 9s. How good is Andrew Voss as a commentator. He calls the game with such passion and energy and what in the world were Channel Nein thinking getting rid of him. I wish he would call games in Australia on Fox Sports instead of only Warriors games in Auckland during the NRL season.
Mattstormy I really enjoy Vossy's commentary. That was one reason I enjoyed the RLWC so much. No idea who the idiot was at Channel Nine that thought Hadley was better than Voss. Matt Thompson who commentates on Qld Cup is better than Hadley.
storm77
Squall
Squall

Actually I can't stand Voss. He and Smith in my opinion are both terrible. Actually I really don't like to many commentators in Australian sport period.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Voss was let go because of what he said about Ray Warren's statue and his feud with Hadley. Voss wasn't apart of the boys club.

A real shame because Voss is by far the best League commentator in the world and the only one that shows any passion in the sport.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I agree with storm77 I can't stand Voss either and Australia commentators are some of the worst in the world. I struggle to think of many that are good to listen to - Gilchrist who commentated the big bash is one of the few that comes to mind.