New home and away jersey for 2013

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I highly doubt they'd have ever seriously considered boycotting the WCC. Perhaps they may have entertained the idea of sending a less than full strength squad, but never a total boycott.
If I recall correctly, Bellyache suggested resting a few key players for the Townsville game to keep the team refreshed the following week for GF rematch at home. I don't recall him mention a boycott of any games, including WCC.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There was a tweet from Hoffy about getting a preview of the WCC jersey. Hopefully it involves the silver lightning bolts again. Or a gold jersey so Leedscan play in blue.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Saw these on LU

Home -

Away -

The home jersey is growing on me.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

That looks awesome on the mannequin!!!

I kinda liked the graphic, but the real thing looks shit-hot I reckon. I think it may be time for me to renew my jersey. I have a 1999 and a 2008, think I need a 2013 aswell.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Looks a little strange having piping on the sleeves with that particular cut of jersey. I figured they would have printed the white lines on. They look good - hard to get a proper look with the way they're sitting in these photos, though. I actually don't mind the white one. I just wonder what the players version of these jerseys will look like. Hopefully it'll be more or less identical to the retail version - I want to wear the same thing as the players, not something that kinda sorta looks the same.

Since we have a few players that play for Australia, here's a look at the new jersey for 2013. The Kangaroos are moving from Classic to Canterbury so I'm really looking forward to the supporter gear. I have a Maroons hoodie by Canterbury and it's one of my favourites.

stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

A bit off post BUT I am really annoyed. I ordered a STORM mouse pad on the 23rd October through a site advertising on the Storm website and today I received my order after contacting them several times asking where my order is.BUT THEY SENT ME A BLOODY chooks one.MY LEAST FAVE TEAM IN THE NRL.I have sent them an email letting them know of my disgust.Has anyone else had any trouble with their orders? The site is called CustomNRL. SO ANNOYED. :twisted: :twisted:
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

stormy wrote:A bit off post BUT I am really annoyed. I ordered a STORM mouse pad on the 23rd October through a site advertising on the Storm website and today I received my order after contacting them several times asking where my order is.BUT THEY SENT ME A BLOODY chooks one.MY LEAST FAVE TEAM IN THE NRL.I have sent them an email letting them know of my disgust.Has anyone else had any trouble with their orders? The site is called CustomNRL. SO ANNOYED. :twisted: :twisted:
Well, the stuff is done by the same people that have been handling the Storm memberships (The Promotions Factory) so of course things have gone wrong.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

absentee wrote:
stormy wrote:A bit off post BUT I am really annoyed. I ordered a STORM mouse pad on the 23rd October through a site advertising on the Storm website and today I received my order after contacting them several times asking where my order is.BUT THEY SENT ME A BLOODY chooks one.MY LEAST FAVE TEAM IN THE NRL.I have sent them an email letting them know of my disgust.Has anyone else had any trouble with their orders? The site is called CustomNRL. SO ANNOYED. :twisted: :twisted:
Well, the stuff is done by the same people that have been handling the Storm memberships (The Promotions Factory) so of course things have gone wrong.
I hope I don't get a Chooks membership

Then again, I just hope I get my membership before the first home game next year
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The Storm WCC jersey through beer googles. Is it just me or is there a mini Punisher logo at the bottom of the lightning bolts?
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:Looks a little strange having piping on the sleeves with that particular cut of jersey. I figured they would have printed the white lines on. They look good - hard to get a proper look with the way they're sitting in these photos, though. I actually don't mind the white one. I just wonder what the players version of these jerseys will look like. Hopefully it'll be more or less identical to the retail version - I want to wear the same thing as the players, not something that kinda sorta looks the same.

Since we have a few players that play for Australia, here's a look at the new jersey for 2013. The Kangaroos are moving from Classic to Canterbury so I'm really looking forward to the supporter gear. I have a Maroons hoodie by Canterbury and it's one of my favourites.

That new jersey is a DISGRACE! The ARLC have ruined the best looking jersey in the history of sport. Disgusting that they do away with 100+ years of history and 70 odd years of the Roos wearing the green and gold, the first Australian sports team to do so. lima lima lima duck John Grant! It's bad enough that we have been sponsored by that cats piss for 5 years that jersey just devalues the national side.
Last edited by LESStar58 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Saw these on LU

Home -

Away -

The home jersey is growing on me.
Had my first look at them through the window of rugby fever on my way to see The Living End last night. Both look better in person. Might wait til next year to buy a new jersey cos they will have the new premiership logo on them.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

MENACING*STORM wrote:Image
The Storm WCC jersey through beer googles. Is it just me or is there a mini Punisher logo at the bottom of the lightning bolts?
Want one. When will we be able to see it without beer goggles? Dragons had a WCC logo in place of the NRL logo a few years back. Hope we do the same....and silver lightning bolts please!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I tried to do some fancy but amateurish photoshop by unblurring or removing the noise, however it just made it more blurry.
In the end I tried to do the old 'squint your eyes' trick but that didn't work either.
Will keep an eye out on Storm's twitter feed once they remove the filter
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:That new jersey is a DISGRACE! The ARLC have ruined the best looking jersey in the history of sport. Disgusting that they do away with 100+ years of history and 70 odd years of the Roos wearing the green and gold, the first Australian sports team to do so. *lima lima lima duck* John Grant! It's bad enough that we have been sponsored by that cats piss for 5 years that jersey just devalues the national side.
I'm sorry, but I think that might be a bit of an overreaction. I had a look at my 2012 Maroons Canterbury jersey to get an idea where the gold Vs will sit on the jersey - they'll still take up pretty much the entire chest. I remember Canterbury's new Bulldogs jersey looked pretty terrible when shown as a sketch (in the same style as the Kangaroos jersey here). Once a player was shown wearing it, it looked great. Also, I'm sure the change in the angle of the Vs is so the design will match the new NRL and Kangaroos logos - and to be honest, if they were different that would annoy me more. The collar? Well, it's probably better for the players - and I kinda like it, anyway. I'm sure Canterbury will put out a "classic" version with a collar like they do for the Maroons. The sponsor? Well, it is what it is. I don't drink and I don't care for alcohol in general - but whatever. It's an iconic Australian brand that fits the target audience.

I'll be buying one for sure. The Classic jerseys don't fit me properly so it will be nice to have one I can actually wear.

From that blurry image, it looks like the WCC jersey will be better than our standard away jersey. Go figure.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone if the WCC will be on Foxtel or 9