Active Support - help needed!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am amazed that people complain about noise at a sporting game. ??? I LOVE the NOISE and cheering for my team.
THE LOUDER THE BETTER.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I have an assortment of homemade flags that have been in retirement since mid last year. I think it's time to bring them back.

I do have three flags and I am only one flag waver. They are kinda daggy home made ones, but if anyone is interested in waving flag slightly larger than the pre-bought ones, I'd be happy for them to find a new home.

They do have some history two were made for the 1999 Grand Final and one for the 2009 GF (this one doesn't have any yellow in it because we were playing the eels).

I'd be happy to give two of them to people who would use them. Let me know if you are interested and we can meet up at the game on Monday.

I have also thought about making one of those larger flags made up of different bought flags. I currently only have two types the first Storm flag - mostly blue and one I purchased last year - kinda pink. If anyone is holding on to one of the 2000's bought flag I'd be interested.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Young kids love waving flags.Cheer squads add great atmosphere to a game :hello1: :swav: :swav:
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

The louder the better!! My 4yo gets right into it too. She love's it!! All i have to do is tap a certain rythm and she'll let out a resounding "Melbourne" at the end of it. It's so cool 8)
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

id like to see the good old fashion shout outs come back in..

hayne is a wanker clap clap clap

reapet that over and over

;)
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

simo wrote:id like to see the good old fashion shout outs come back in..

;)
They left?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

i havnt heard them, maybe im sitting in the wrong area.
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

stormy wrote:Young kids love waving flags.Cheer squads add great atmosphere to a game :hello1: :swav: :swav:
Some big kids do as well! :oops: O0

JF
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

simo wrote:id like to see the good old fashion shout outs come back in..

;)

Wait till Sunday mate. There will be 80 minutes of pure abuse & taunting.

If there is a player I LOATHE in the NRL, it is him. >:D

JF
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

stormsally wrote:I have an assortment of homemade flags that have been in retirement since mid last year. I think it's time to bring them back.

I do have three flags and I am only one flag waver. They are kinda daggy home made ones, but if anyone is interested in waving flag slightly larger than the pre-bought ones, I'd be happy for them to find a new home.

They do have some history two were made for the 1999 Grand Final and one for the 2009 GF (this one doesn't have any yellow in it because we were playing the eels).

I'd be happy to give two of them to people who would use them. Let me know if you are interested and we can meet up at the game on Monday.

I have also thought about making one of those larger flags made up of different bought flags. I currently only have two types the first Storm flag - mostly blue and one I purchased last year - kinda pink. If anyone is holding on to one of the 2000's bought flag I'd be interested.

Hi Sally, I didn't get this message in time for tonight but am curious about taking your pre-loved flags out of retirement.

PM me so I can arrange sticks & can get them in ok for Sunday. (Facebook may be easier. Am Julian Farrell there)

Despite one guy abusing the hell out of us for singing "sokkah songs" (ever seen a Super League game in the UK fella? ::) ), the support in 34 is getting better and better. Let's build on it against Parra on Sunday. O0

JF
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I sat in 34 tonight and had the best time ever at a Storm game. The support for the team was amazing and I loved all the songs and noise.
Keep up the good work and we will be back there on Sunday that's for sure.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The chants are starting to work their way around to the Eastern stand. Sounds great.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I hope ALL the Bays are awake on Sunday and give it to haynewreck and doesnmatta. They gave it to our boys last season so let them know that we didn`t appreciate it.They are the team that we like to defeat the most.
Boo them every time they go near the ball.
Make signs to tell kearney to keep his hands off our players.
If he likes them so much he should have stayed at STORM.

TOP OF THE LADDER AFTER SUNDAY STORM..build up your for/against.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Lets not leave it up to Bay 34 to make all the noise
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

After the trauma of starting chants & having most of the people reply with "Warriors" on Monday, thing returned to normal in 34. Or so we thought. During Toyota Cup a few Newcastle fans sat in our bay. Normally I tend to go & have a friendly chat to them saying there will be flags & drumming etc etc, but didn't.

A few of us were singing the usual stuff like "You are a bogan, an ugly bogan, you're only happy on pension day!" & "Your sister is your mother". Not to everyone's taste, but all part of being creative expressive active supporters. :twisted: Then this Newcastle bloke with a serious attitude problem can up and thought he'd sit right next to me "Because he could sit where he liked". He was looking for an argument so I called up security who basically said that he couldn't move anyone unless he hears bad language or people start fighting.

So we are allowed to be silenced by an away fan with an attitude problem when we are in our own supporters area. But because 34 is only an unofficial area, we can't stop away fans coming in and sitting there (hell we nearly had the whole Knights Crusade sitting under our noses at one stage). Yet when you get a seat in a designated area it has to be a set seat & then you can't bring your friends in to make the group bigger and louder. The ultimate Catch 22 for an active supporter in the NRL.

How did things work in the old days when the MSSC existed? What did they do? Did they have set seats? Where did they sit?

JF