Brett Finch to play for the Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

mystormboys wrote: This will make Dennis Fitzgerald's day
lol didn't even think of this
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

This also moving Inglis to the centre where he is a lot more dangerous with to real halves feeding him quality ball all game long.  ???

So when Finch proves to be useless & Inglis continues to skip ,(centrally)across the field can I feel my negativity is justified :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You may. :D
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bourbon Rat wrote: This also moving Inglis to the centre where he is a lot more dangerous with to real halves feeding him quality ball all game long.   ???

So when Finch proves to be useless & Inglis continues to skip ,(centrally)across the field can I feel my negativity is justified :twisted:
since when has Finch been useless? i know he's been on a very bad team though in the halves by himself. Now he is with Cronk....bit of a difference.

Inglis will go back to destroying every team now
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullets wrote: This just makes us a whole lot better.

Can't believe anyone would see this is a negative.

This is not a long term move for the club its a short term move that makes better right now and gives us a real crack at the premiership.

This also moving Inglis to the centre where he is alot more dangerous with to real halves feeding him quality ball all game long. 

As for Taumata...is he seriously back next season? thought we sacked him? this is great news if he is returnign this year.
Totally agree, while only time will tell i think this will turn out to be an excellent signing and could be just the spark we need and give us a kick start.

Of course you feel for Maloney BR, but in saying that i don't think he was ever guaranteed a starting spot and he was always going to have to work for it like all the other young blokes. You can say the same thing about Tomane as well, he's been at the club for a few years now and Isa was given the first crack after just arriving. You just can't fit them all in.

You also can't just play players because you fear losing them if you don't give them a game. You've got to do what's best by the team and obviously right now the coaching staff think Finch is the right man. Besides, it doesn't instantly mean Maloney will be out of the side altogether, if he continues showing a bit we might be able to slot him in as a utility coming off the bench especially if he puts in another solid performance on Monday night. Either way his time will come and i think he'll end up playing more than a few games for the Storm in the coming years.

As for Taumata Bullets, if all goes well with his what he has to do to get his life right off field then he'll definitely be playing next year and that's from the man himself. He wants to, the club wants him to but it's all up to him if he does or not.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bourbon Rat wrote: O dear  :(

We move Inglis to centre were he promptly does SWEET F ALL most of the time,(except practice his skip step)
And then to compound things we shit in the face of a promising young talent,(Maloney) by signing the most whining,whinging little shit in the NRL,whose father also happens to be the resident vice chairman of the "Let's hate Melbourne Club"  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Please do NOT be surprised when Northern clubs plunder our next generation  :evil:

Inglis is'nt a five eigthth , he is a centre, most believe he is the best in the world ,  if he is lazy or unfit , that is a different issue,

Maloney starts next week again , lets see how he goes before we get too carried away on his ability, he has only played one game,he does'nt have a mortgage on the position yet,

If he goes well, great news,  with him and Finch we now have depth in the position ,where before, we thought we had none,

We have to better off.

Not sure what this has to do with Northern clubs plundering our young talent .
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Late season & during the off season we looked like we'd finally set in motion a system that would allow young talent an easier pathway to first grade.Signing someone elses unwanted problem to a key role doesn't exactly send that message does it ?

We already lose good young players because other teams can throw money at them.
Do we really need to give them the impression that they may not get a shot here because a 'quick fix' is the better option.

I am not,nor will I ever be a fan of that turd Finch.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

never been a fan of finch myself.  i dont see whats so great about him. but hopefully under bellamy he can improve and become a real good player.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Clint Newton was someone elses unwanted problem,

I realise he is not everybodys favourite player, but he is here to play football , not win a popularity contest,

I see it as a good signing ,he is playing here for peanuts,

A 200 game veteran ,to help plug a hole  when what we currently have  is a one game rookie on L plates, and a couple of guys out of position,

If he is crap , we still have what we had before he was signed.

Cant see how we lose.
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Super Cronk wrote: never been a fan of finch myself.  i dont see whats so great about him. but hopefully under bellamy he can improve and become a real good player.

He's a 200+ game veteran 5/8 with origin experience and is still only 27, im sure most clubs would be happy to have a player like Finch running around in the 6 jersey. I've never seen Finch as a superstar but very solid and consistant. He's taken way too much of the blame for the garbage that goes on a Parramatta.
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

All I'm going to say is that this could be the best $50,000 we have ever spent.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bullets wrote:
Super Cronk wrote: never been a fan of finch myself.  i dont see whats so great about him. but hopefully under bellamy he can improve and become a real good player.

He's a 200+ game veteran 5/8 with origin experience and is still only 27, im sure most clubs would be happy to have a player like Finch running around in the 6 jersey. I've never seen Finch as a superstar but very solid and consistant. He's taken way too much of the blame for the garbage that goes on a Parramatta.

The way i see it, at Parra, he was the chief playmaker, trying to do it all by himself, he struggled at times , it's not easy, it's the hardest gig in rugby league,

Here , we already have Cooper, and Cam ,and Billy at times, he only has to compliment them, not run the show,  should suit him more.

And also,  Maloney is not out the picture ,

I heard an interview with Ponissi, he said Maloney starts next week against Tigers,

And there are no guarentees for finch, like any club should be run, the best side will be selected.
estormboy
Squall
Squall

Bourbon Rat wrote:
Late season & during the off season we looked like we'd finally set in motion a system that would allow young talent an easier pathway to first grade.Signing someone elses unwanted problem to a key role doesn't exactly send that message does it ?

We already lose good young players because other teams can throw money at them.
Do we really need to give them the impression that they may not get a shot here because a 'quick fix' is the better option.

I am not,nor will I ever be a fan of that turd Finch.
I've got to disagree with your rationale here ..... :)

Firstly, as others have said, I don't see how signing Brett Finch can dismantle a system that would allow young talent an easier pathway to first grade.  That pathway continues to exist.  Your argument that signing someone elses unwanted problem to a key role doesn't exactly send that message - the same could be said about signing Arana Taumata, Ryan Hinchcliffe & Matt Cross.  Admittedly they are not someone else's problems, but how many young players have been moved down the pecking order with the arrival of these players to the club - in particular Taumata?  Did we think Maloney was hard done when we heard we'd signed Taumata in the off season?

Secondly, whether we like it or not, success on and off the field has impacted us and how much money we can spend on players.  We at the storm chose to go down the route of signing what we believed were our core group of players as a priority, potentially leaving little of the salary cap for non core players.  It's unfortunate that in this day and age, money talks.  Take Will Chambers for example.  Now a regular member of the team, salary cap restricted what the Storm could offer him, the QLD Reds offered him a considerable amount more so he signed with them.    One could argue that by adopting the retention policy we have, we can't offer these young players what they're worth on the open market, therefore inviting other teams to entice them away with more money.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
thunder
Squall
Squall

Finch is not all you guys are making him out to be.
He turned on his own fans at the Roosters and pretty much did the same at Parra!

He is an unwanted problem because he is totally overrated and has no special abilities whatsoever! He will offer our great club nothing and fade into obscurity like he has at all his former clubs.
The only reason all you guys think he is of any value is because his name is familiar. The only reason we can familiarise with his name is because of his mediocrity and headline winning loud mouth!

Stupid and total waste money and the chance for young Moloney to make a name for himself! Very Sad!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

weve still got maloney, finch screws up then we will ditch him

alot of people are jumpign the gun, see how he goes in his first game for us and then rip into him
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]