2013 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know there has been some discussion on here about whether Mahe Fonua is contracted for next year. His original contract was for two years (2012 and 2013). So yes he will be at the Storm in 2013.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Scooter wrote:I know there has been some discussion on here about whether Mahe Fonua is contracted for next year. His original contract was for two years (2012 and 2013). So yes he will be at the Storm in 2013.
Source?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote:
Scooter wrote:I know there has been some discussion on here about whether Mahe Fonua is contracted for next year. His original contract was for two years (2012 and 2013). So yes he will be at the Storm in 2013.
Source?
I expected someone to ask that. I spoke to Mahe at the Harvey Norman night at Chadstone on Tuesday night.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sau set for the Storm

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... 24dzj.html
Knights centre Junior Sa'u will play for Melbourne Storm next season, pending the outcome of a medical examination with the Storm's fitness and conditioning staff. Sa'u is in the first year of a two-year contract he signed last season but coach Wayne Bennett dropped him after Newcastle's 50-24 loss to the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on June 3 and he has been confined to the NSW Cup ranks since then. The Knights have agreed to release the nuggety New Zealand international from the final year of his contract to join the Storm, which sees Sa'u as a potential replacement for Queensland state-of-origin centre Dane Nielsen, who has signed with the Warriors. In his first four seasons with the Knights, Sa'u played 78 NRL games under coaches Brian Smith and Rick Stone and represented New Zealand in nine Tests. He has played just eight games this year as Bennett, after giving Sa'u and Penrith-bound Wes Naiqama their chances earlier in the season, has settled on Timana Tahu and mid-season signing Dane Gagai as Newcastle's first-choice centres. - BRETT KEEBLE
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

I been thinking and don't bite me but Quinn would be a useful signing or should I say resigning at a cheap price that is . I remember rumors that Newcastles o'Davis wanted to resign for a dollar. ? Lol. He was solid tonight. Depth wins Pships .

[ Post made via Android ] Image
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Noooo thanks.
Vikings
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Anyone think Quinny would make a quite capable No.13 ?

:fla_england: :fla_england:
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Personally if like to see us keep Quinny a long as we used him in a utility role , maybe as a backup for Hinchy, but I think his time on the wing is over. I know he makes some silly plays sometimes but who doesn't and he's so strong that makes a good utility forward

Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Melbourne Storm has signed powerful ball running centre, Junior Sa’u, for season 2013.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hope we see a little more of him than we did of Richie Fa'aoso
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nexttime wrote:Um can someone please tell me why we have signed another outside back?
Erm ? Maybe next time :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

nexttime wrote:Um can someone please tell me why we have signed another outside back?
Because shut up, that's why.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Classic Bourbon Rat

absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

nexttime wrote:
absentee wrote:
Because shut up, that's why.

Absentee, could you please posting stuff like that. Some people would think that is petty and childish
Pot, meet kettle.

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

apparently Young has re-signed with the storm (nrl contract) for two yrs....was told by a friend of a friend

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image