Greg Inglis to Brisbane

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote: Melbourne plan to release entire NRL squad.

3.00PM IncreaseText DecreaseText TheDailyTelegraph
August 6th 2010

By Dean Richie

MELBOURNE are poised to shock the sporting world by culling it's entire first grade roster for 2011. The move is the brain child of Melbourne Storm football manager Frank Ponissi. Mr Ponissi claims all of the current crop are dispensible assets and has moved to release them all from their current contracts. "While we respect the effort these boys have put in over the years, we feel the Inglis' and Cronk's are not putting bums on seats." Ponissi said. "We have decided to cut the entire NRL squad and replace them with past players with funny names." he added.
It's believed an SOS has already been sent out to afew players that Ponissi thinks the team can build a strong foundation around. "Fafita Moala and Semi Tadulala have already been offered long term marquee deals with the club valued at about 800k per year" he said. "We hope to add Tesesa Levea in the coming days and then build a minimum wage squad around our 3 stars, or the 'TRIPOD' as we are calling them."
When Billy Slater was asked about his axing he replied "Who the hell is Semi Tadulala? Is this a gee up? I'm the best full-back in the world."
Greg Inglis was more optimistic "A Fafita Moala does not come along every day, i understand the storm needing to release me to sign up this kid, he is a star." he said.
Nobody knows down at storm HQ if these signings will pay off, but one thing is for certain. They can't wait to find out.

www.thedailytelecrap.justforyousallymay ... ouslyajoke
Now that was funny. Well done 1999. That was just what I needed for a good chuckle .  ;D ;D
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I like Kostjasyn. Has a good passing game and runs well out of dummy half, plays direct.
I really think we should keep him.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Monsoon
Monsoon

bula wrote: I like Kostjasyn. Has a good passing game and runs well out of dummy half, plays direct.
I really think we should keep him.
Agree
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sin bin BRAD WALTER
August 7, 2010
MELBOURNE officials are still waiting for the Broncos and Titans to finalise their offers for Greg Inglis, but Sin Bin has been told there is such a significant difference between the amounts the clubs have indicated they could pay the superstar that serious questions would be asked if he was released to Brisbane. While the Storm will not tell Inglis which club to choose, they can enforce their $660,000-per-season contract with him for the next two years. But should Inglis join the Broncos, it is believed the Storm would be required to include $205,000 per season under their salary cap for the next two years as the difference between his contract and the Brisbane deal valued at $400,000 plus a car. In contrast, the Titans' offer would result in the Storm paying $100,000 under next year's salary cap and nothing in 2012. Inglis is expected to make a decision on his future on Monday.

So , now it is Monday.
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

Key word ------ expected.
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

At that much of a difference GI will be staying. And if leaves in 2 years so be it, as long as we win our 4th grand final before he does so.
estormboy
Squall
Squall

It appears at the delay is from the Storm ...... hhmmmmm what could the delay be about?  C'mon Ron, Frank & Craig ..... put us Members & Supporters out of our misery and confirm for us who's out and who's in already!!  :-X

....Meanwhile, NRL chief executive David Gallop said yesterday he believed a resolution to Greg Inglis's future, was imminent. He said responsibility for the delay rested with the Storm.

The NRL and its salary cap auditor Ian Schubert have been working with the Storm on ways to get under next season's salary cap since club owner News Ltd released a summary of a forensic report into the books last month.

Inglis has said he wants to play at either Brisbane or the Gold Coast next season to be close to his fiance who lives in Brisbane. But Melbourne has already released several players and has not ruled out refusing to release Inglis from his contract.

''My understanding is that the Storm are continuing to weigh up their options in consultation with the salary cap auditor and I would hope that is resolved shortly for everyone's sake including Greg's,'' Gallop said.

When asked why it was taking so long, Gallop said: ''You should ask them (the Storm)''.

''The Storm are taking advice from us, but at the end of the day they have to make some decisions with Greg. We're not delaying the process. We're offering advice when we're asked.''

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... 11olg.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm do not have to make any annoucements about Inglis, Cronk, Smith or Slater.  They are all contracted players for 2011.  It was said the we had to get under the salary cap by 01.03.11, (I remember to date that Gallop said in April because it is my 25th wedding anniversary).  The club has to then to decide who they want and who they do not.  If anybody gets out of their current contract to play for another team, Storm are not going to make the annoucement.  Why would they?  It will be up to the club getting player to do the media release.

At this stage the only players leaving are Hoffman, Finch. Lima and most likely any player not signed for 2011.
Last edited by glennb on Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

So.. who isnt signed for 2011?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the ones that i know of are luke macdougall dane nielson

justin oneill matt duffie and bryan were but justin and bryan signed and storm said matt was next
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Monsoon
Monsoon

According to a  courier mail exclusive GI is going to shun the broncos and titans to stay in melbourne.

Announcement due monday along with other 2011 roster details.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I still won't believe this is happening until there's an official announcement from the Storm and if this article is correct, it means we'll most likely lose Manu, Blair and Neilson.....maybe even Cooper????

Just hurry it up, so we can become sane again!
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:ab_flag:.

Originally I was of the opinion it made sence to lose Greg to Keep Brett, Sika and Adam. Would still be sad to lose Sika but Brett is leaving any and Adam hasnt kicked on this year like I thought I would. Would expect our back-row trio next year if this eventuates will be Proctor @ RE, Lowrie @ LE and Billy Rogers in the middle. And anyone who watched the NYC yesterday will see that Tohu Harris is clearly going to be a star.

Now Id hope Craig and Mooks will tweak there attacking structure a bit and stop the backrower always getting the ball before Greg or there told its ok to pass before the line, all it does is crowd him or . It doesnt happen at SOO and test level, and it doesnt happen at the teams where the centers are scoring plenty of tries.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

"Another factor is Greg's parents. They have just settled in Melbourne and they actually like it there so it all points to Greg staying. My gut feel is he will stay.

"Greg was wanting to stay there all along, if the salary cap stuff never happened Greg would never have thought about leaving."

The Broncos were offered verbal assurances Inglis wanted to link with the six-time premiers, but the negotiations hinged on the Storm's blessing and were subject to NRL directives on Melbourne's salary cap position, which were finalised late last week.

It is believed Brisbane's final contract offer would have left the Storm to pick up $410,000 of his bill over the next two years, under their salary cap, a position Inglis and Melbourne club were unhappy about.
The Titans offer was more viable - valued at $550,000 next year, increasing to the full $660,000 in 2012 - meaning the Storm would pay only $110,000 under next year's cap and nothing in 2012.
Hopefully Storm Spirit and Co read that paragraph very slowly.....  :-*.