Holden Cup, SG Ball, Harold Matthews + Scholarships - 2015

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Another Joe Apikotoa article.
Joe Apikotoa closed his eyes as the Wellington College goalkicker lined up a penalty that could have won the secondary schools rugby league final on Saturday.

Apikotoa, the St Pat's Silverstream player-coach, was having flashbacks to the premier one rugby final, when Scots kicked a penalty to beat Silverstream with the last play of the game.

It was the beginning of a winning weekend for the Silverstream rugby community, comprising two finals, two codes and two last-gasp wins.

Apikotoa, and five others who took part in the league final, backed up when Silverstream beat Scots 17-14, after scoring a try in the last play of the game, in the final of the regional Condor sevens tournament on Monday.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/sp ... ng-weekend
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Another half signed. Jake Johan from Alice Springs.
PROMISING Alice Springs rugby league player Jake Johan took the next step on his NRL dream on Thursday by signing with the Melbourne Storm.
Five-eighth Johan played a key role in the Combined Affiliated States side at the nationals.
Johan will be billeted in Melbourne’s Eastern suburbs and carry on with his Year 12 studies at Hallam.
http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/rugby-le ... 7107581365
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sigh...we will never get to see them if they aren't playing now they are in nswrl they will all be sent up the qld to live
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Brayden Torpy is in Gold Coast u20 squad.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep he wanted to go home
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattystorm1987 wrote:I heard Marc Brentnall was in line for the u20s coach job.. Did he come up trumps sal ?
Mattystorm1987 the Storm today announced that Marc Brentnall is our new Under 20s coach. So your mail was on the money.

Good to see Under 20s coach being announced by Storm. I don't remember them doing that with Adamson last year.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote:
Good to see Under 20s coach being announced by Storm. I don't remember them doing that with Adamson last year.
Yep all ready off to a better start that we have named a coach. Lets hope a squad is not far behind.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure if it has been mentioned elsewhere but Rhys Kennedy has signed with the Raiders and will reunite with his brother.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Riley Leota confirmed should make be one of our top props this year in the 20s
MELBOURNE Storm-bound prop Riley Leota will not be forgotten at Wavell State High School any time soon, with the 17-year-old behemoth becoming the school’s first two-time player of the year.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews ... 7130706147
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/holden-cup-nearing-end/

this has actually made me angry so now we lose the 16s 18s and 20s to QLD we will never get to see our new up and comers playing

I officially don't understand where the club is going...we are losing our kids :shock2: :oops: :evil:
fisheater
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I have heard Storm 16s and 18s will play in the Queensland Cyril Connell and Mal Meninga comp.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Here is what I can confirm of the summer squad so far I'll add more names when I get them all the profiles on the OS gets updated. Some of the players will be on trial.

U20's

Returning players
Jake Turpin
Tony Tumusa
Maxwell Fesolai
Josh Minhinnick
Elias Vole
John Filipo
Aaron Teroi
Shae Au Fook
Junior Kirisome
Ben Halfpenny
Charlie Galo
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
Joe Stimson
Kurt Bernard
Latrell Robinson
Logan Houghton

New players/returning players yet to debut
George House - Half/Fullback. Storm SG Ball. Canberra.
Brendan Frei - Backrow/Prop. Storm SG Ball. North Devils
Ben Nakubuwai - Prop. Storm SG Ball. Leeton
Josh Kerr - Centre/Wing/Second Row. Storm Old Boys Schoarship, Qld Schoolboys. Redcliffe
Aiden Taua - Backrow. Kelston Boys Auckland,
Mack Mason - Half. Anglican Church Grammar School. Brisbane.
Riley Leota. Prop. Ipswich/East Tigers.
Joe Apikotoa - Prop. Wellington. NZ Residents u18 Captain.
Tistian Sami - Half. Ipswich
Zion Ioka - Half. Kelston Boys Auckland, NZ Residents u18
Patrick Herbert - Fullback. St Kents Auckland.
Connor Donehue - Hooker. Storm SG Ball. Casey Warriors
Paula Fifita - Backrow/Prop. Storm SG Ball. Altona
Jake Johan. Half. Alice Springs
Jordan Harty - Winger/Fullback. Wests first grade in ICRL. 2013 SG Ball Illawara.
Zeik Foster - Backrow/Centre/Five Eight. Wagga Kangaroos first grade. Wagga High School, Bidgee Bulls u18s 2014,
James Perlowski - Halfback. West Magpies SG Ball (1 game). St Gregory's College
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I laugh everytime I see Conner Donehues name...if he wrestles anything like his father he will be dangerous

And a guy from Alice springs that awesome
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A Kawana-based National Youth Competition team could be playing in 2016 under the banner of the Melbourne Storm, which is shaking the pan of the Coast's junior ranks in search of rugby league gold.

With master coach Craig Bellamy arriving at Sunshine Coast Falcons headquarters today, Storm Queensland director of coaching Matt Adamson has confirmed the NRL club's intention to base its NYC (under-20) side on the Coast from 2016.
http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/ne ... e/2480500/
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/ne ... e/2480500/

Same again...all three grades based in brissie and travel to Sydney and melbourne to play before the NRL...that's just stupid...means more travelling for these kids we will never get to see them or anything