Round 25 - Roosters vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We looked impotent in attack. The Roosters defence was good but I think flattered by our poor attack and the wet weather.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Lose next week and I have us finishing 9th.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yes if we loose next week and results go against us, we can finish 9th.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Slater, Bromwich and Fonua were all excellent tonight, Sisa will not see 1st grade in storm colours again, O'Neill will be back in no doubt, the drop ball aside he was still a disgrace. Weston didnt offer alot surely Moors comes back in aswell.

Oh and here is a scenario of us still missing the 8, assuming the Cowboys beat the Sharks

If Warriors beat Titans and Panthers & Brisbane beat us next week, we will miss the finals on for and against, crazy.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

32 weeks on the road....

22nd 5 day turnaround in a row....

0 penalties in the 2nd half.....

the boys will enjoy seeing their families at home...preparing for the Broncos at Gosch's and playing at AAMI...

GO STORM.... 8)
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well if we lose next week we don't deserve to make the finals and it'll be a final series of barracking for JT and his boys.

We were good tonight but just not clinical enough to beat a strong side in the Roosters.

I'd drop Waqa for O'Neill but that's just me. Maybe a little late in the season but Waqa has been so erratic of late.
Last edited by Inglis#3 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

With all the ball we had and to only score twice is really disappointing. Attack looked slow and predictable again.
Frustrating loss really, felt a bit like the Bulldogs loss.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Roosters are the most penalized side in the NRL. The nearly never win the penalty count, yet Storm play them we do not win the penalty count and we can no penalties in the second half. I am really starting to believe the NRL do not want us there.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Also, do the Storm player not like Cronk. We seem to get up for every milestone game, but loose when it Cronk's. We lost his 200th and now his 250th. Not Fair.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I like how everyone is seeing the negative that if we lose next week we could miss out. We could still make top four but have to win and rely heavily on Manly to beat Panthers and Cowboys and Warriors to beat Panthers.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Why we keep picking Weston ahead of Garbutt has me beat. Garbutt has some strapping on his knee but Weston has no skills at all.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree both Garbutt and Moors should be in ahead of Weston.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

it was a good tough game. we just made a couple of mistakes at the wrong end of the game but my CHAMPION TEAM looked tired.(can you blame them).I feel sorry for the broncos next week.
I`m not sure what else the nrl can do to derail Storm but I`m sure they will find a way in the finals. I think this has been our toughest season and we are still 5th on the ladder.
We have had a couple of games stolen from us, knights and titans game.LOTS of travel and short turnarounds etc etc but we are still there. What other team has had to do it as tough as us.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty sure we lost his 150 th as well
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:Why we keep picking Weston ahead of Garbutt has me beat. Garbutt has some strapping on his knee but Weston has no skills at all.
I really don't understand Weston getting a run also. Garbutt offers more in every department.

Looks guys, we got beaten, it happens. A wayward pass gave them momentum. At least we know the team has it in them to hold onto possession and compete. We have to give the Roosters credit, they defended really well. Sometimes you just get beat.
The final score doesn't reflect the contest. If we meet again I'm very confident we'll roll them.