Round 4 - Storm Vs Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

lol @ Sisa being put on report.....

Tohu kicking goals? I didn't see that coming - hits them well too!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:Ben Hampton has been awful again, surely walker or Roberts come in next week.
:lol:
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

reynolds is such a filthy player, face massages to players on the ground,going on with tackles just a moron . the dogs players could nearly be charged a months rent for holding and laying on the player so long.
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote:
1999 wrote:Ben Hampton has been awful again, surely walker or Roberts come in next week.
:lol:
You know nothing about rugby league
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Our goal line defense has been terrible all year. I expect opposition tries everytime they're down there.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm just feeling angry and cheated at the moment
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chambers is the one who has been horrible.

Not the only one, but he's been rubbish a couple of games this year
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just a horrible night to finish off a horrible week. The scheduling of this game comes after we play on Monday night then we have to travel to Perth to play on Sat....what chance do we have???
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

can these commentators stop barracking, please?!!!!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:Just a horrible night to finish off a horrible week. The scheduling of this game comes after we play on Monday night then we have to travel to Perth to play on Sat....what chance do we have???
If we try to blame that for the performance tonight... put a line through us this year. We've been rubbish. Got away with 2 gutsy wins first 2 rounds but tonight we played 20mins of football and got what we deserved.

If O'Neill is back next week, or even Robinson, Chambers must be under pressure
staticash
Squall
Squall

I am very disappointed to see the guys just give up like this tonite ... we had no fight in us what a sh1t show
S.W.A.S
Monsoon
Monsoon

Embarassed to be a storm fan tonight, they have layed down, pathetic.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

80th minute they finally call a forward pass, what a joke!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Worst we've played in quite some time. Team clearly just gave up in the second half and we never see that from a Storm team.

The defence is putrid and the new players clearly don't understand our structure. Chambers looks lost on the left, move him back to the right IMO. This is honestly the worst defence I've seen from the Storm since before Bellamy took over. It's clueless and I don't trust us holding out at team at all.

The Cronk led attack is too predictable. Shut down anything Cronk does and we have no plan b,c,d,e,f,g and so on. The over reliance of Cronk is something I've been concerned about since last year. We have Ben Hampton in the team but you wouldn't know it going from our attack. He hardly touches the ball and when he does it's a quick pass to Chambers coming out of our own end. We could be a better team with Cronk doing less.

Defence is the main story though. It's terrible and if it doesn't improve we aren't challenging anyone this season.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cant say it wasnt due, we have been scraping by all year, a flogging was on the way. Bromwich and Harris can hold their heads high, the rest should hand back their pay. Hoffman/Hampton/Chambers/Young was exposed badly, they have been getting exploited all year and tonight they were carved up, changes need to happen on that edge, maybe bench Hoff and run with Harris/Romelo/Chambers/O'Neill? Its needed fixing since round 1, this isnt an isolated performance.