Round 4 - Brisbane vs Melbourne Fri 29/03 7:05pm at Suncorp

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

fox sports is reporting that hodges has passed a fitness test and could even play fullback.

by the way, go storm and your hero, i think your post about fans discussing selections are absolutely spot on
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote:Dan Ginnane on Triple M hearing whispers that Hodges isn't playing and that the Broncos are going to be playing rookie (Jordan Kahu) but don't want any media attention around him.
Well we won`t discuss him either.. :lol: :lol:
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hope all fellow Baistanders have a happy and safe Easter. Enjoy whatever you may be doing(I am working) .GO STORM...
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Storm by 14 and slater MOM again.
It should be a real tough first 20 with the way the Broncos play.
Im sure when fit Proctor is in our starting 13 but how do u fit him and Tohu on the field at the same time esp with Tohu playing so well ?
Id like to keep the bench as it is now with Griffin as the utility (or Finchy) and 3 big boys.
Its great to have these problems and we seem to have them all over the park. All the teams at the top have great depth usually.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hmm ? The oft repeated cry from RL experts,(?) has over the years been "Melbourne are weak because they have not got depth"
Attention experts - ARE YOU WORRIED NOW :twisted:

Happy Holidays Bai Standers,(whichever of the many festivals / events you celebrate) 8)

Beo ymbhydig færseaðes! ;)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bourbon Rat wrote:Hmm ? The oft repeated cry from RL experts,(?) has over the years been "Melbourne are weak because they have not got depth"
I've lost count of how many times a RL commentator has said, "If Melbourne suffer an injury to one of the big 3, there gone".

Take Inglis out of Souths, can they realistically win a Premiership?
JT out of the Cowboys.
Hayne out of the Eels.
Carney out of the Sharks.

You take one of the top players out of any club, they will struggle to stay at the top. But according to most commentators and fans, this only seems to be a problem for Melbourne.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
Bourbon Rat wrote:Hmm ? The oft repeated cry from RL experts,(?) has over the years been "Melbourne are weak because they have not got depth"
I've lost count of how many times a RL commentator has said, "If Melbourne suffer an injury to one of the big 3, there gone".

Take Inglis out of Souths, can they realistically win a Premiership?
JT out of the Cowboys.
Hayne out of the Eels.
Carney out of the Sharks.

You take one of the top players out of any club, they will struggle to stay at the top. But according to most commentators and fans, this only seems to be a problem for Melbourne.

:lol: Spot on. Both Johns brothers say it a lot. I'm always like " Thanks for your expert opinion boys".
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Matty Johns has been dirty on Storm ever since we sacked him when he was found to be not such a nice guy which everyone seems to have forgoten now. Ben Iken is the best at the moment reports on what he see not what he would like. But such is our lot and it makes winning enven sweeter than normal I think it also makes our players have more resolve. Go Storm.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Matty gives us and our players a fair go... Especially in comparison to other RL TV personalities.

And to be fair, he made the very same point above about other clubs losing a top line player. His show on Monday nights on Fox is probably my favourite RL show at the moment.
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Just seen photos of the pre-game cricket match and Kevin Proctor is there playing. Would think he might be a late call up for tonight as if he was playing reserve grade, wouldn't he be in sydney with the Sharks??

https://plus.google.com/105881313730209 ... nckwRfbdjz
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rumour going around Coops might be out tonight. And going by the pics posted ^^^ it looks like Bobby Blair is up there. :evil:
If Cronk is out its disappointing but I'll be extremely ticked off if we just put Blair into 5/8th and move Widdop to half. We have other halves options.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surely Blair is there as a centre cover if decided Sa'u isn't the right option. That's what it was last week right?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You'd hope so. But who knows. If Cronk is out hopefully we just move Smith to halfback, Hinchy to hooker, Setu to lock and Proctor comes onto the bench. Unless Finch or Hampton are in Brissie of course.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Why on earth would you move the worlds best hooker out of position when you have one of the worlds best halfback/pivot itching for a game?

If Coops is out:
Finch at 7/6 and Widdop at 6/7
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well I'd rather move Smith to halfback than bring in Blair to the halves. Obviously if Finch is up here he'd play. But we don't know yet. Smith won us a WCC at halfback so it isn't new.