Round 22 vs Titans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That game is one of two things; it's either an indication of where we truely are as a football team or we are just starting to turn the corner. I'm not sure which. Bellamy must have been pink!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

bad form nexttime. Have more faith in my CHAMPION TEAM..they won`t let us down
toe
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

He's entitled to boo, the first half performance was ordinary to say the least.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

and don't forget zillman was out and bailey and harrison went off injured

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

When is Duffy back?
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

nexttime wrote:Unfortunately it was a poor performance and we have not turned the corner - we have perhaps put on the indicator to turn but we are still a far way from the corner.

Titans were down to two on the bench for the last 55 minutes of the game, with 2 of their best players injured.

We got the win, obviously most important. But we still have work to do. I hope it will be like 2009 and we will turn it on in the last few rounds and finals. We may need a couple of teams around us to fall over a bit though.

Keep the faith.

keep the faith.... that made me laugh
wiganese
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

nexttime wrote:I booed them at half time but was cheering at the end!

wow I can't believe you admitted to that,glad you don't sit next to me you would have got a bigger spray than the players did at half time,seriously I cannot think for a moment how any genuine supporter can boo their team,yes we get pissed off and dissapointed with them at times but to boo them,well some support that would give them !! :knob:
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

wiganese
nexttime wrote:
I booed them at half time but was cheering at the end!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image: images/mobile/Mobile%20Device.png

wow I can't believe you admitted to that,glad you don't sit next to me you would have got a bigger spray than the players did at half time,seriously I cannot think for a moment how any genuine supporter can boo their team,yes we get pissed off and dissapointed with them at times but to boo them,well some support that would give them !!

Hmmmmm. I'd have just belted you. I was quite inebriated tonight and extremely supportive of my team throughout the evening. Not once did I doubt rhem

Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Congrats Guys, didn't catch the game as I was watching what was loosely coined "match of the round" as weather conditions made some impact, still enjoyed losing my voice at the TV.(bluetongue is still a sore point for me and a shit place to get to)

Rabbits are pretenders,I think the dogs will go out in straight sets

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good second half by the boys I would like'd to have seen Bellamy's spray (no doubt there would have been some spray literally) at half time.

Congratulations to Mahe Fonua. What a great night for Victorian rugby league to have a born and bred Victorian play for the Storm, we have waited 15 years. Yes he had a nervous start but he is only 19 and being the first Victorian there would have been a lot of pressure. Of his mistakes I think he was fighting in the first tackle and unlucky the ball came out, the bomb he put down under pressure a number of wingers would have done that and as for dropping Billy's pass I think there may have been an element of either not expecting the pass or looking at the defensive line or a bit of both.

After those errors the people behind us said never pick him again. I said (not sure if they heard me though) he is only 19 and he would be really nervous. Not long after that he put in a good chase to force a goal line dropout in front of us and me and my cousins were yelling out "Well Done Mahe" as he ran back past us. He laid a couple of good tackles and the bomb he took in about the 50th minute was sensational.

I thought Hoffy and Rylesy were good again today and Cam made some good runs from dummy half. Gareth Widdop was back to his sidestepping best and I thought Waqa and O'Neill were solid. Waqa's effort to set up Billy's try was good, firstly he was alert enough to catch Cam's pass and then the offload was magnificent. On top of that the ref got knocked over by the Titans.

Two things that concern me Jesse appeared to limp up the tunnel before the players did their lap of honour and Justin seemed to hurt his knee in the first half after that he had it taped up and got through the game but not sure if there is any more serious damage.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Go Storm wrote:wiganese
nexttime wrote:
I booed them at half time but was cheering at the end!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image: images/mobile/Mobile%20Device.png

wow I can't believe you admitted to that,glad you don't sit next to me you would have got a bigger spray than the players did at half time,seriously I cannot think for a moment how any genuine supporter can boo their team,yes we get pissed off and dissapointed with them at times but to boo them,well some support that would give them !!

Hmmmmm. I'd have just belted you. I was quite inebriated tonight and extremely supportive of my team throughout the evening. Not once did I doubt rhem

I watched the game and I din`t see anything to boo the boys at half time for,they were trying hard and so were the titans.The spray at half time from Bellamy was rated 9.5 out of 10 said Ponissi.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Fonua made two shocking ball-handling errors, but I put that down to first-game nerves. After that, he was very, very good. Wonderful high ball take and a great tackle on Idris on the far corner late in the 2nd half.
Doesn't seem overly fit though. Was running on empty at the end and looked to be almost jogging on the spot. Not sure if he slow or not, or whether it was just that he had nothing left in the tank.
Overall a really encouraging debut from him. I was pleased with his game.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

What's the go with him being first Victorian to play NRL? Timana Tahu and Jake Webster were both born in Melbourne.
Or is it more the fact that he grew up in Melbourne playing juniors here?

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

timana didnt play for us

Jake was born here played his junior career in nsw and came to the storm after that

Mahe played sg ball for the storm then 20s now nrl

Thats the difference

Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Says plenty about Fonua's character to be able to put a few scratchy early touches out of his mind and keep his confidence level high.
He may have been the culprit in allowing Gold Coast to score but you have to expect that from the younger players, they just don't have the ability to defend consistently.
He supplied plenty of aggression to both our defense and offense.
Overall, I was encouraged from what I saw, would love for us to give him a few more games in 2012.