Rd 18 vs Canberra

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:personally id rather rest cam and coops and lose games and not win the MP then have them try and kill themselves trying to win ever game

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

In the new "AFL finals" type system however...top 4 is critical and top 2 almost essential in order to get a home final against the 3rd or 4th place team.

I am all for being conservative with players as long as it does not jepoardise top 4 and hopefully still provides at least a 2nd place finish
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

true
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

there is a rumour on twitter that cooper has told joey johns he will be rested this weekend it wouldnt surprise me if bellamy reward Ben Hampton by eith starting him with Bobby on the field or using him from the bench....i asked bellamy if benny would get a game this year b4 the manly game and he said maybe in a few weeks...a few weeks is now

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea Sally I was listening to the triple M shoe Joey said it on. They were talking about the game and Joey whispered to Ben Ikin "Cooper told me he would be rested". Not sure how legit it is. It sounded like a joke, off the cuff thing. We shall see tomorrow I guess. I was going to bring Cronk into my fantasy team but I've decided not to now haha.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm stars Cameron Smith, Cooper Cronk and Dane Nielsen expected to backup after Origin

MELBOURNE Storm's trio of State of Origin stars have returned to the club as tired as they have ever been, after Wednesday night's epic finale in Brisbane.

But none has been ruled out of tonight's clash with the Canberra Raiders and another full night's rest should enable skipper Cameron Smith, Origin match-winner Cooper Cronk and Dane Nielsen to take their place.

Smith was believed to have been the most weary after his efforts at Suncorp Stadium, but club officials were just as rattled by The Daily Telegraph's report which claimed the captain had used illegal tackling tactics. With most at the club fuming Smith's name had been tainted, teammate Bryan Norrie, who announced yesterday he had signed on for next season, staunchly defended his captain.

"If you watched the game, pretty much everyone involved in every tackle there was a bit of that. That's Origin," Norrie said.

"I don't think Cameron should be too worried about it.

"It is disappointing they picked on him because every tackle has some contact. He's definitely not a dirty player."

Storm football manager Frank Ponissi said the three Origin players were "looking very tired and fatigued" when they reported for medical assessment but there were no other issues to stop them playing tonight.

He said Cronk was showing no ill-effects from the blow he suffered in a high tackle by Blues forward Tony Williams.

"They were more tired than I have seen them after any Origin before. But I'd be very surprised if they didn't play," he said.

Smith and Cronk both played following games one and two of the Origin series, but centre Nielsen, called up for the decider after Billy Slater's knee injury, didn't back up the weekend after his maiden Queensland appearance last year.

Should he fail to play it could open the door for Victorian Mahe Fonua, who would become the first born-and-bred local player to run out for Storm.

With Slater and first-choice Will Chambers both sidelined, Storm coach Craig Bellamy conceded his team was "a little bit short" of outside backs and Fonua, who trained at left centre on Wednesday, could be called on.

"He's a chance," Bellamy said. "My job is to do what's best for the team and if that's bringing Mahe in we'll bring him in. If he does, it will be an exciting time for us."

Tonight's clash also marks the 200th game of Storm winger Anthony Quinn, who has overcome several serious injuries, including a rare double disc replacement in his neck.

"Most players will have a few injuries and miss a few games. But having the double disc replacement in the neck, that was a bit unheard of," Quinn said.

OMG NOWWWWW IM EXCITED
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

would have thought cooper would play this week and next so his 200th is at home
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I believe that Cooper and Cam will be rested at same stage, but I can not see it being today. If both are feeling good they will play, maybe not 80 mins, but some game time. Billy is out and our normal 6 is at full back and we have a make shift player at 6. If Cooper is rested, it would mean we have a fill in 6 and 7. Meaning our only regular play marker, Cam, would have to play the whole game. Can not see our coach doing that, he would not risk loosing two in a row.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

No debut for Mahe today. He's currently playing in the Thunderbolts game. Hopefully that means everyone is ok to go

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

all it means is that nielson is probably ok
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

The team to take on the raiders. Cam smith is out and vave is in. Cronk is playing, hinchy and Norrie to start with bromwich on the bench

http://t.co/6S1OpEhy

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Big loss before kick off

LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pish. Deadset rubbish.

Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

2 players out? Wow that was a complete ambush...happy my tipping comp doesn't have for and against......

Monsoon
Monsoon

Everyone else bar Justin O'Neill should give their pay cheque back this week, that was the absolute worst, most pea hearted, disgraceful performance i have ever seen from a bellamy coached team. Quinn and Duffie need to go they are not first grade standard, Neilsen was rubbish, Gaz tried hard but was pretty much ineffective, Blair? Did he play? Cronk was average and out entire forward pack was just plain sh*t, we made 800 metres all game, a park footy side would have rolled us today. Sika has been shit since he agreed to terms with the Panthers. F*ck this.

Monsoon
Monsoon

This is so embarrassing what a disgraceful "effort"