Storm vs Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Commentary was just embarrassing. They should never have Lewis & Lockyer commentating/on the same game, especially a Broncos game - too much Brisbane bias. Hadley has been bad all season, he was seeing things too. He thought that O'Neill had knocked it on when Slater scored his first.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Andherunsitbacktothetwentyandplaystheballtohisactinghalfoneoutplayandhehasbeentackledeasily

Hate Hadley

[ Post made via Android ] Image
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Prob Mary Poppins best post to date !
I cant stand hadleys voice , sounds like hes calling a horse race.
roberttuz

with our great points differential we are basically 4 wins in front.

Nice place to be at this stage of the season, especially with some tough away games coming up
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

mattstormy wrote:Thought Lowrie played the game of his life - who would ever have thought he would have scored two tries in a match? For a guy that really struggled to make an impact in his first two seasons at the club I think he would be a priority signing next year. Everyone talks about the fullbacks, 5/8ths, halfbacks and hookers as being the crucial players, but lock is probably the most underrated and unnoticed positions and every club needs a good #13. I never thought the Storm would find another Dallas Johnson but the way he has performed all season, he deserves another contract.

Also, I hope Norrie stays out of the team from now on and even though he was injured I was glad he wasn't in the team, we don't need him anymore and he's past his use by date. I reckon Greenfield (when he recovers from his concussion) is a good replacement. Keep Jaiman Lowe away from the team, he is seriously ill-disciplined and the penalty he gave away for a face massage in the first half was just stupid.

Channel 9 conveniently didn't replay Lowe getting elbowed in the head which prompted his reaction. Just like in Origin when they never replayed Greg bird pushing over Matt Scott which started the fight. Great win by the boys, Jason Ryles has been buy of the season for us, takes all the tough hitups, bends the line every single time. Roosters must be scratching their heads. Shame about greenfield getting knocked out look strong in his first 2 hitups.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Great game in terrible conditions. At least it wasn't raining like earlier in the day but the wind was bad and bitterly cold.

Still, I'd rather be at the ground in the freezing cold than at home listening to Ray "Peanut Brain" Hadley's crap call of the game.

34 to 10 considering that Smith & Cronk both spent 10+ minutes on the bench was a good result. Good to see the great tries by Slater & Lowrie!

I just wished that the Storm would get rid of the ground announcer, Storm D (a couple of times crucial plays weren't shown on the screen as the Storm D graphic remained up for too long) and the twitter crap on the bottom of the screens (seriously, if I wanted to know what was being said on twitter I'd use my mobile).
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote:Great game in terrible conditions. At least it wasn't raining like earlier in the day but the wind was bad and bitterly cold.

Still, I'd rather be at the ground in the freezing cold than at home listening to Ray "Peanut Brain" Hadley's crap call of the game.
Likewise !! Though when I got home I still watched the 'midnight' replay :?
The riverside 'after party' finished around 11pm ;D
Was intending to watch the bunnies but Storm v Broncos on first - Then I watched the bunnies 8)
34 to 10 considering that Smith & Cronk both spent 10+ minutes on the bench was a good result. Good to see the great tries by Slater & Lowrie!
And how many times did we hear the "Poor understrength Broncos" line trotted out ::)
I just wished that the Storm would get rid of the ground announcer, Storm D (a couple of times crucial plays weren't shown on the screen as the Storm D graphic remained up for too long) and the twitter crap on the bottom of the screens (seriously, if I wanted to know what was being said on twitter I'd use my mobile).
Sadly like the 'BattleCam' gimic it's a consequence of having a CEO who is ex IT & thinks it's 'clever marketing' :?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Surandy wrote: I just wished that the Storm would get rid of the ground announcer, Storm D (a couple of times crucial plays weren't shown on the screen as the Storm D graphic remained up for too long) and the twitter crap on the bottom of the screens (seriously, if I wanted to know what was being said on twitter I'd use my mobile).
I can't stand this Storm D initiative, what's the point of it? Why do we need to follow American sports and start up a dee-fence chant?
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Inglis#3 wrote:Commentary was just embarrassing. They should never have Lewis & Lockyer commentating/on the same game, especially a Broncos game - too much Brisbane bias. Hadley has been bad all season, he was seeing things too. He thought that O'Neill had knocked it on when Slater scored his first.
Bring back Vossy, now!!! He gives the commentary some life and excitement and he is not at all biased (in fact, a lot of his best calls have been Storm games). Hadley sounds disinterested and boring and speaks in a very flat and monotone voice (especially when Billy scored his second try).
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agree with the comments about Hinchy's game, really difficult decision who to vote for in the members' player of the year between him and Lowrie - went with Lowrie, only a bee's knuckle in it though.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the friggen broncos brainiac in front of us was saying all night..."you're only playing our B team".

He was obviously sooooooooooooooooooo ignrant he didn't realise that Storm were missing Norrie, Manu, Proctor and Norrie from the best 17 at the club.

Thaiday and Hodges were big outs (big Petro less so) for them but I would take 2 back rowers and 2 props back in the team EVERY day of the week
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

:evil: :evil: Battle Cam ? What a con job :evil:
Just got this Email -
Thank you for adding your image to the BattleCam from Big Battle II, Storm v Broncos. We’re sorry you couldn’t get to the match
YES WELL - The uploaded pic was useless because if you spend more than 10 minutes trying to find it a giant pic of a fan & his kid suddenly blocks out the whole screen ? 'Same deal with the 'nine days of prizes', which surprise surprise was tied to ' signing / viewing ' other things . As for not being there ::) Same bloody place I & a few others have occupied for YEARS !
Lets give this social media crap a rest shall we RON :evil:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bourbon Rat wrote::evil: :evil: Battle Cam ? What a con job :evil:
Just got this Email -
Thank you for adding your image to the BattleCam from Big Battle II, Storm v Broncos. We’re sorry you couldn’t get to the match
YES WELL - The uploaded pic was useless because if you spend more than 10 minutes trying to find it a giant pic of a fan & his kid suddenly blocks out the whole screen ? 'Same deal with the 'nine days of prizes', which surprise surprise was tied to ' signing / viewing ' other things . As for not being there ::) Same bloody place I & a few others have occupied for YEARS !
Lets give this social media crap a rest shall we RON :evil:
+ 1
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

ithinkrayhadleyistheworsecommentaterontheplanetatthemoment, even lockyer and his shit voice and bias broncos talk is better to listen to
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

who did get man of the match???

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image