Prelim Final - Storm v Warriors @ AAMI Park on Sat Sept 24th

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

totally

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm confident about the win. I can see Sika having a HUGE game!!!
My concern is just how bad will the bumps and bruises be heading into the GF. And if there's any reports to key players we're screwed!!
The refereeing will be critical in this game as it will be a grind and may come down to the wire. Let's hope they don't go into it with a pre-determined outcome (unless it's favorable to us of course (-;

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

After waiting in line for about 80 minutes I finally got my tickets. I should have just done it online, though because I couldn't get my usual spot - and that was the sole reason why I went in person.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah i got ours online and was done in 5 mins which was good there was no hassle. Section 7 on the eastern side which is a mirror of the bay we sit on the western side with our seasons tickets.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm pissed right off!!!
Bloody Ticketek!!! I bought 9 purple tickets this morning in Cat3 online. You get no option as to where they put you. Seats seemed good enough, diagonally opposite to where I normally sit. After purchase I notice this is the AWAY supporters area. WTF!!! how do I enter a AAN given to a HOME team member and the system keeps offering Section 19?
I sent an email to ticketek, but you must select from a drop-down list of complaints. There's no option to change seats. Anyway I selected cancelled event and got a computer generated generic response, they didn't even read it!!!!
Has this happened to anyone else who's purchased Cat 3 tickets online? Section 19 (river end, east of goals).
LimaDuck their haka!! If they do what they did last week I'll have to bring out the *lima lima lima duck* GALLOP shirt again whilst the tv cameras are trained on the crowd!!!

(it's a good thing most warriors supporters are a rather small and placcid bunch.) LOL

Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

God I got a tough decision to make in regards to seating. Do I:

A) sit with my family who are all warriors supporters except for my mum and Dad who are die hard storm supporters and will end up arguing with the rest of my family.
B) sit with my girlfriends family (all 20 of them) who aren't league fans bar 2, and will probably reduce me to only clapping and no loud cheering.
C) sit with my mates and enjoy a few cold ones and relax.

Either way, As long as we win I don't care! I'm slowly gaining confidence!

Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Here's my take:

A) While it'd be a nice gesture to sit with your mum and dad who are Storm fans and would be good to give them support against the Warrior contingent of your family, given that we'll win they'll have the last laugh over them so the others can argue amongst themselves.
B) It's a prelim final in front of a packed house, no loud cheering simply just doesn't cut it so this just isn't an option.
C) Work out with the boys who's getting the first shout!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

What I believe that will get us over the line is the experience and composure of the big three, the Warriors just don't have any of that. Can't believe so many people are giving the Warriors a huge chance and are making us sound like a second rate side, please themselves though! Take option A too Fresh!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote: Can't believe so many people are giving the Warriors a huge chance and are making us sound like a second rate side, please themselves though! Take option A too Fresh!
It's because of the whole hoodoo thing even though we still have a winning record against them not to mention as Bellyache said below when they beat us down here in the first final. Every article i've read on the hoodoo they have over us has said we've only beaten the Warriors 14 times out of 28 games but funnily enough don't mention the Warriors record against us is only 12 wins in 28 games ??? Anyway i'll leave it to the great man to sum it up like only he can, especially the bolded bit down the bottom. Geez i love this bloke :lol:

Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy doesn't believe the Warriors have an edge against his side ahead of their NRL preliminary final on Saturday night at AAMI Park.

The minor premiers host the Auckland-based side in Melbourne, with an NRL grand final berth at stake.

The Warriors beat the Storm 18-14 at the same venue earlier this season, one of only two teams to beat Melbourne on their home soil in 2011.

Overall Melbourne's record is 14 wins from 28 games against the Warriors; the most memorable loss coming in the 2008 qualifying final when the eighth-ranked New Zealander's upset the minor premiers.

Bellamy believes it's this match that the Warriors have built their reputation on as the Storm's hoodoo side.

"I don't think it's quite as bad as you guys (in the media) make out," Bellamy said on Monday.

"I think a lot of it goes back to 2008 when they beat us here.

"Everyone seems to think they've got the wood on it but this year it was 1-1, last year it was 1-1, the year before we only played them once and we won that ... I don't think there's a whole lot in it but if you want to make a story of it, off you go."
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm final to be televised live into Melbourne
The Melbourne Storm has moved into prime-time with the Nine Network announcing live Melbourne coverage of the Preliminary Final against the New Zealand Warriors at AAMI Park on Saturday from 7:30pm.

The Minor Premiers have won plenty of respect in Melbourne through their return to the finals race and Nine’s announcement today is a further vote of confidence in the club’s Melbourne following.

“The action in the Telstra Premiership Finals so far has been breathtaking,” NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, said today.

“Anyone with the slightest appreciation of sport could not help but be impressed at the skills that have been on display and I think there is a real opportunity for Melbourne viewers to get behind the Storm.

“Melbourne have done an amazing job of rebuilding in 2011 and have earned the recognition of people across the game on their way to this point in the competition.

“We are at a stage in the Telstra Premiership where it is down to teams from three states and two countries and that creates a pretty special rivalry all of its own.”

nrl.com
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Go Storm wrote:I'm pissed right off!!!
Bloody Ticketek!!! I bought 9 purple tickets this morning in Cat3 online. You get no option as to where they put you. Seats seemed good enough, diagonally opposite to where I normally sit. After purchase I notice this is the AWAY supporters area. WTF!!!
Kinda had the same thing.

With a Storm AAN kept getting the away supporters area when opting for cat 3 did this for 10 minutes and then gave up. Went to Cat 2 and bought tickets (kinda rushed because I was meant to be working!) and when I got the email it said it was the away supporter area. Seriously wtf?

Ticketek online is so shit. You should be able to select the section you want to sit in. I went to Eastern lower but it kept coming up with the $70 tickets, when I wanted the $50 tickets on the ends... but of course you cannot select that option.

So I will be sitting in the away section but thankfully I don't think I'll be the only Storm supporter there..
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I wondered why i could only get bay 20 in the south stand...coz 12-19 are for the warriors, they really have given them a heap of bays. Luckily i then got row M bay 39, so nice and central.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

have they put the worriors fans in the prime spot for tv coverage.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thanks to those of you who proposed one of my options.

Ive decided to go with option

D) a few mates and I are going to venture into the unknown and decided to sit in the away supporters bay. We thought we shouldn't let them out do us since this is our home ground!

LETS GO STORM!!!!!

Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bays 12-19 is pretty much the whole river end of the stadium behind goals (15-19) and must be a few bays from the 20 or 30 on the west side too. I think??
But who knows with ticketek, the whole stadium's probably away section. LOL. I think they're just be mixes of both teams fans all over the joint.