Active Support - help needed!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

storm_man wrote: Just a point - if people who sit within the Thunder Squad area want to start chants and get people involved, it looks a lot better when they're wearing Storm colours... 95% do, but against the Roosters game, there was a guy in a Geelong Cats tracksuit and against the Cowgirls, there was a guy decked out in a Canberra shirt, cap and jacket. Makes absolutely no sense and to be honest, looks plain stupid. If your gonna try and get people involved, at least wear some Purple, or at worst, neutral colours. Canberra or Geelong weren't playing on those occasions :?
That Raiders supporter is actually (guess what) a Raiders supporter. We can't exactly tell him to stop looking like a lime splice icecream now can we?

I'll tell big John not to wear his Cats stuff again. He was with me at the Parra game in Sydney & is a loyal Storm supporter.

JF
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Freshy - the MSSC folded a few years back..
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

JF_Storm_Swans - if you mean back a few years the 2 guys running around the ground with
big flags. They are both still around... one frequents here often.

The Bai Stand still have their own flags and banners and use them often, rotating stock
and creating new ones when the mood (or alcohol sets in  :D) sets in......
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

StormFront wrote: Freshy - the MSSC folded a few years back..
What a shame.  They did some great things for the club like organising buses for away trips, sold knitted scarves. etc.
I remember I joined the MSSC a year before they folded and was disappointed.

Is there a chance they would reform again?
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

I would be more than welcome to work my arse of voluntarily for this club just like the MSSC has appeared to have done. I wish something similar could fire up again because that would be awesome.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cowbell-Mark wrote: I would be more than welcome to work my arse of voluntarily for this club just like the MSSC has appeared to have done. I wish something similar could fire up again because that would be awesome.
Me too, even though I am a very busy little bee.
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

CooperCronk wrote:
Cowbell-Mark wrote: I would be more than welcome to work my arse of voluntarily for this club just like the MSSC has appeared to have done. I wish something similar could fire up again because that would be awesome.
As am I, being 16 doesn't exactly help with school, soccer and hopefully a part time job soon in the way. Will still use the spare time I have working on the development of the storm  :P
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Cowbell-Mark wrote:
CooperCronk wrote:
As am I, being 16 doesn't exactly help with school, soccer and hopefully a part time job soon in the way. Will still use the spare time I have working on the development of the storm  :P
I have PLENTY of time at the moment.  ;) :pukeleft:

JF
storm_man
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

JF_Storm_Swans wrote:
storm_man wrote: Just a point - if people who sit within the Thunder Squad area want to start chants and get people involved, it looks a lot better when they're wearing Storm colours... 95% do, but against the Roosters game, there was a guy in a Geelong Cats tracksuit and against the Cowgirls, there was a guy decked out in a Canberra shirt, cap and jacket. Makes absolutely no sense and to be honest, looks plain stupid. If your gonna try and get people involved, at least wear some Purple, or at worst, neutral colours. Canberra or Geelong weren't playing on those occasions :?
That Raiders supporter is actually (guess what) a Raiders supporter. We can't exactly tell him to stop looking like a lime splice icecream now can we?

I'll tell big John not to wear his Cats stuff again. He was with me at the Parra game in Sydney & is a loyal Storm supporter.

JF
Yeah I assumed that, but why wear Canberra colours to a non-Raiders game, in the middle of a Storm members area? Can't he dress neutrally, especially if he's going to try and lead chants? This might sound pedantic but I think more people would get involved if it were actually Storm fans leading the chants... Surely you can see the logic?
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

storm_man wrote:
JF_Storm_Swans wrote:

JF
Yeah I assumed that, but why wear Canberra colours to a non-Raiders game, in the middle of a Storm members area? Can't he dress neutrally, especially if he's going to try and lead chants? This might sound pedantic but I think more people would get involved if it were actually Storm fans leading the chants... Surely you can see the logic?
I agree with both points, I don't like seeing him trying to lead chants (partly because he gets wording wrong ;) ) Should just leave it to myself and JF! But also, he is paying money to be there and is putting effort in to lifting amosphere so he is entitled to were what he likes, albeit the fact that people dislike it. 
Crippstor
Squall
Squall

Plus 1 to this. As  go to every home game with the Billy Lids and Grandma Crippstor, I'd be happy to help as well
Crippstor - Lord of The Realm
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

storm_man wrote:
JF_Storm_Swans wrote:

JF
Of course I can. But he is nice fella who likes rugby league. And is a Storm member.

Despite us risking sitting in other peoples' seats last night, the support was HEAPS better. There were several cowbells. So us sitting further up worked heaps better in terms of getting everyone together. Thankfully nobody minded my flag being waved around either. The young girls behind us were joining in ALL our chants!

Security are still acting rather nervously towards anyone wanting to make noise and support the team. The head of security was standing to one side of us under the Bai Stand banner with an earpiece. He had the police called several times. They stood in the aisle facing us. I started a chant up. The cop smiled to us and said to security we were fine & walked off.

I still think lots of things needs to be re-jigged in terms of support. It would be great if the Banner Crew and main supporters area would be one and the same. I still feel that the Thunder Squad need to be given 400 unreserved seats in Bay 36  so people who want to sit with friends and cheer the team on are allowed to do so without security hassling them for sitting in somebody's seat. Hopefully with an unreserved Cheer Squad area active support will continue to be generated naturally. And people will start making flags and signs and sitting in this area.

JF
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

^When Storm recently sent members an email announcing the 3 game pass, I emailed them back with some suggestions/changes to next years membership packages.

They emailed me back and said they are already reviewing next year's packages and would take my ideas into account.
So it might be worthwhile you contacting the club about the extra seating for the ThunderSquad or any other ideas that spring to mind.

Go the full hog and ask for a bit of financial support for floggers, pom poms etc :P
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The noise coming from the Thundersquad and surrounding area sounded great this week.  Good job, guys.
You had me at meat tornado.
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Hey guys,
wanted to touch base with everyone once again, hopefully to possibly nab some helper for our small but noisy gang who all sit together about half way up in Bay 34.

I have liaised with Chloe at the club so that we get not only my big flag but a drum in every week. Incredibly despite the AAMI Park goons freaking out when they first saw things, there is not been one complaint about the flag or drum :toothy8: :eureka: (yet).

But we need helpers. There are less than 10 of us, but with each game there are new people coming to sit with us and join in the chanting and singing.

Again, the club has not helped us with the seating in the Thunder Squad, as a lot of the people we sat with last year are all in their set seats down the front.

Personally I thought about whether it would be better moving closer to the Bai Stand lads a bay over, but I don't really want to crowd them or annoy them by using my drum too often.

We will hopefully have a 2nd flag in the next game or two. But what we need is people willing to chant sing & help us lift the atmosphere.The bloody Rah Rahs are making more noise than us & they have a new club. Let's try to lift it up a notch against the Bulldogs! O0

JF