Round 4 Good Friday game

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

To further expand on the effect of Greg off the ball it is really becoming a valuable impact that GI has that doesnt show up on the stat-sheet.

Both Neilsen and Slaters tries were caused by Inglis presence. On Neilsens try he was outside him which kept the defender from shutting that hole Dane went through and Slaters try happened because Greg took 5 players out at the play-the-ball including Weyman who was the one to slow to get across.

Also the first try in the GF happened for the same reason.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I thought Tolman was huge again in the middle and Tandy provided impact when he come on. GI is improving each weak Finch breaks were because the defense went up on Inglis. I thought Hinchcliffe was great again at Lock.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Inglis might not be setting the world on fire at the moment but there isnt any other player ild rather have in that position. He is extremely talented...you dont lose that talent over night....when we need him to do something amazing he will. Just give him some time.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

anyone got comments on norrie? i thought he was ok, didnt do anything bad
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Norrie - Solid & like mad pup will improve as he learns the Storm routine. ie: be where you're supposed to be a it'll work just fine.

GI - A vicitim of a couple of stellar seasons & rabid media hype. Had a game that was not only solid but REALLY pro active in defence,also tied up a lot of opposing eyes in attack.
I almost feel sorry for the team he will eventually cut loose on  :twisted:

Great day for me - Saw the Storm thump the hated Red V - Went home & had a nanna nap - Watched em get thumped again on 9's 11pm replay ? - Fired up the laptop & watched the other hated Red V get thumped,(on the final game at their home ground)  \:D/ Wigan 18 D 10 St Helens
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I missed the game - being on holiday in southeast asis and wasn't near a tv at the time - just caught the vision of that Cronk-Slater try -  f...in magic is all I can say

It's great that we have had a cracking start to the year, no doubt we need these wins, especially our 3 away wins once origin arrives ... I'd say it's almost certain for Coop to get a callup for the Maroons and I recong Tolman will make NSW selection too (as well as the certains Slater, Inglis, Smith) ..... I would say Tolman is 100% for City v Country and if he plays well there will be a blue jersey for him.

I think we should rename Etihad 'Slater Stadium' ... Pity I live interstate now, I'd love to be there for the grand opening of the new stadium.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bourbon Rat wrote:Great day for me - Saw the Storm thump the hated Red V - Went home & had a nanna nap - Watched em get thumped again on 9's 11pm replay ? -
Sounds a bit like me minus the nanna nap.

I got home just in time for the 6pm Fox Sports replay, then turned on Channel Nein at 11pm for their replay but at 11:30pm I switched over to Fox Sports for the replay of the Friday Night game and despite being bloody tired and having to go to Geelong today I stayed up and watched the second Fox Sports replay of the Storm game at 1am.  ;D

I loved seeing Soward shit himself and back off when Inglis had the ball and looked like he was going to run at Soward. The lil grub must have bad memories of last year's fend by GI that sent him summersaulting backwards.  :lol:
Last edited by Surandy on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Noa Nandruku wrote: To further expand on the effect of Greg off the ball it is really becoming a valuable impact that GI has that doesnt show up on the stat-sheet.

Both Neilsen and Slaters tries were caused by Inglis presence. On Neilsens try he was outside him which kept the defender from shutting that hole Dane went through and Slaters try happened because Greg took 5 players out at the play-the-ball including Weyman who was the one to slow to get across.

Also the first try in the GF happened for the same reason.

As I have said previously; when Greg goes looking for work, things happen.
His influence in both those tries was because he was drifting across field outside the normal centre's position where he has  stayed most of the year.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cronk's no look pass was a stroke of genius! Great communication and execution shown by the boys - so proud!

On another note, I think it's really easy to criticise GI and claim he does nothing, because of the spectacular stuff we've seen from him in the past.

His role has evolved since then - he seems to be playing a defensive game lately, and does a lot more work behind the scenes.

Criticise him all you want - but I guarantee that if he were out injured, we'd suffer for it.
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Well done to the boys for lifting when needed , and beating one of my most hated teams (other-manly).
I didnt get to see the game or replays but going by the radio coverage we played one cracker of a game.
I cant wait to get hoff and whitey back soon it should make for some interesting selection dilemmas. :D

Joel.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The last couple games ive seen a few good things from Todd Lowrie.
I think he'll definately be a much better player towards the end of season.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]