Willie Mason to Storm?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

my only concern is the word coming out of the Roosters that they want him out due to the bad influence he had on the younger players at the club
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought the same thing when i first read SS but having a think about it i don't reckon it'll be too much of an issue. If Bellamy or any of the senior players see any of that sort of stuff sneaking in they'll knock it on the head quick smart. They've worked far too hard to achieve everything they've built and hey wouldn't let Mason or anyone else no matter who it is jepordise it.

Thinking back to the other thread we had when there was talk of him coming to us i remember there were a few who weren't too happy about it but i think it'll be a great move for both parties. I've never been much of a fan of the bloke and admittedly his form has been a bit down the last couple seasons, but i think much of that can be attributed to coming back from a knee reco plus the fact you could tell he just wasn't enjoying his footy playing in a wooden spoon side.

IMO a move down south out of the lime light, being coached by a bloke who he has respect for and respects him, a team that are genuine premiership contenders again, playing out of a brand new stadium with state of the art facilities for a club that doesn't accept mediocrity or lazy bastards who don't put in, i just think it has all the ingredients of a very successful partnership. We went through exactly the same thing with Finchy where many of our supporters and many others ended up with egg on their faces and i reckon this could very well end up as another one of those scenarios. The way i see it is he only makes our team stronger.
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Brian Waldron on SEn this morning at approx 7:50 said there is no truth to this what so ever and he will not be coming and that Waldron has told Willie that
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well aint he just the Liar Mason signed a 2 year deal with Melbourne on Tuesday and Waldron would have know this was going to happen months ago.The fact remains that Brian Waldron as good as his intentions 'may be" he is a spin Dr and I for one never take what he says seriously unless I see it for myself!!!
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If he had in fact signed, why would Wally deny it let alone go to the lengths of releasing a statement and deny it so emphatically?

MELBOURNE Storm chief executive Brian Waldron says the club has not and will not sign out-of-favour Sydney Roosters forward Willie Mason for the 2010 NRL season.

Fairfax media reported today that Mason had agreed to a two-year deal to join the NRL premiers, but Waldron has quickly denied the story. In a statement released by the Storm, the club was emphatic in their inability to sign the former Test forward.

"I personally communicated to Willie Mason over a fortnight ago that we were not and would not be in a position to offer him a contract for 2010,'' Waldron said in the statement. "That message was also communicated to his manager.

"We wish Willie all the best for the future but unattributed reports that we have signed him for next year and 2011 are completely false.'' Mason remains on the outer at the Roosters, with new coach Brian Smith offering the second rower extended leave to pursue opportunities elsewhere.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Because there is a right and proper place to make the announcement public,

ie- a press conference,

I'm not saying Wally is talking crap, but he said similiar things in the Finch lead up.

He is the ultimate proffesional CEO, at giving  the media nothing you dont want them to know.

There could be a bit of cat and mouse, we wont know untill Masons future is made public in an official way.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

that statement from Waldron is pretty official in my mind.  He hasn't signed, and won't be is the way i'm viewing it now... not worried by that at all
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

If it comes to believing a journo or Waldron....ill go Waldron every single time.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Herald Sun today
PLEASE NOTE - The exact phrase used by Fairfax to cover their ass.
Fairfax media reported today that Mason had agreed to a two-year deal to join the NRL premiers,
Also interesting to note the report comes a week after the Storm media office closed & a week before it reopens.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Play the ball wrote:
I'm not saying Wally is talking crap, but he said similiar things in the Finch lead up.

Well if we've actually signed mason and Wally has come out and categorically stated we haven't then crap is exactly what he's talking  :lol:
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well lets hope it is bullshit ,we dont need Mason and the trouble he could bring to this club,I dont think he is worth putting the time and effort into,we have promising young players on the up that deserve Craig Bellamy's time and experience a lot more than Mason does!!
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Id like to see Storm sign Mason.. the mans still got some game left in him..
Bellamy would have this guy on the straight and narrow.. i can tell ya now..
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Time will tell on this one. Don't think he'll come but I could be wrong!
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Super Cronk wrote: If it comes to believing a journo or Waldron....ill go Waldron every single time.
Same here!

I note the article has no direct quotes from anyone but Waldron.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well I blame Finchy for talking Mason up and probably doing deals behind the scenes ;-) :lol: