Round 22 - Storm vs Sharks

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote:
Deadpool wrote:And of course Smith and Croft are the two that drop out of the 21. Makes no sense whatsoever
If Slater's playing (which it appears) and Hughes at half, there is probably no place in the 17 for Croft.

Falcons and Tigers play each other this week: http://live.qrl.com.au/match/748c4389df ... 53e679f700 and they have Brandon and Harry Grant going head to head at hooker.
Yes if Billy plays then Croft not being there doesn’t really matter in the end, but if there’s even the slightest of concerns that Slater may miss the game then wouldn’t it make more sense to have Croft stay and Blair drop out. As for Smith, well he should be in the 17 regardless.

Also I wonder why they left Smith and Croft off the feeder team announcement on the Storm website, when both will in fact be playing
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Deadpool wrote: Yes if Billy plays then Croft not being there doesn’t really matter in the end, but if there’s even the slightest of concerns that Slater may miss the game then wouldn’t it make more sense to have Croft stay and Blair drop out.
Maybe there isn't any concern?
As for Smith, well he should be in the 17 regardless.
I'm not there so I don't know, but maybe the club want Brandon to get some game time at hooker in case something happens to Cam? He'll get a few minutes there at best if he plays first grade.

Or maybe you lot are just going to be unhappy if Bellamy doesn't play your favourites when and where you want.
Honestly, with all the whinging the last few weeks, you'd think Storm were in ninth and desperately trying to make the 8, not equal first.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes, that's it. We're unhappy that Bellamy isn't playing our favourites instead of being confused as to why one of our better players can't get game time over under performing players.

We've been patchy at best this season and some close wins have glossed over that. We're not playing anywhere close to what we should be even if we are currently in the top 4.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote:Yes, that's it. We're unhappy that Bellamy isn't playing our favourites
Yes, I thought that was the case. :lol:
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

I’m at the Falcons - East’s Tigers game and East’s are killing it. Smith forced 3 errors with his defence in first 3 sets. Unbelievable he is not playin for the Storm today.

As an ex pat St. Helens fan all I can do is give Brandon Smith a huge compliment and say he reminds me of a young Keiron cunningham. Same frame and monster hits. Oh and Smith scored a try too. Killing it. Croft playing well too. East’s 24-0 up at HT.

Hot footing back home to watch Storm....

PS Sam Kasiano is allegedly playing for the East’s. Why did we sign him?
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

SunshineCoastStormer wrote:I’m at the Falcons - East’s Tigers game and East’s are killing it. Smith forced 3 errors with his defence in first 3 sets. Unbelievable he is not playin for the Storm today.

As an ex pat St. Helens fan all I can do is give Brandon Smith a huge compliment and say he reminds me of a young Keiron cunningham. Same frame and monster hits. Oh and Smith scored a try too. Killing it. Croft playing well too. East’s 24-0 up at HT.

Hot footing back home to watch Storm....

PS Sam Kasiano is allegedly playing for the East’s. Why did we sign him?

Thanks for the report. Great to read of Brandon killing it. Not surprised at all.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

although it’s back to 20-24 within 15 mins of restart!

Papenheuzen and Grant have come to life! Like watching a different game
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So we’re 1-17 with the only change being Hoffman to the bench and Stimson to start. That’s our best starting 13 imo, add Smith to the bench and I would be happy
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Someone explain to me why we feed Chambers?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was just thinking, after having no ball and pinned on our line, we need a second tackle kick from our own half :roll:
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We might get flogged today. Cronulla all over us. We are trying to get metres via offloads and passes rather than hard work.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Second tackle kick-you can well and truly farqueoff Chambers, you absolute braindead plonker. That sort of stuff we shouldn't have to see week after week from that tool. So over him.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not kicking on the last!?? FMD

Trying to lose this.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Billy Slater just retire now, butchered about 5 tries today, worst game I’ve ever seen from him.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:I was just thinking, after having no ball and pinned on our line, we need a second tackle kick from our own half :roll:
Particularly when it was a 7 tackle set. A number of other silly things like Billy trying to throw a miracle pass on the first tackle after a scrum. Our missed and ineffective tackles are what is worrying me the most.

Need some energy from bench like Smith or Vete, guess that won't be happening today.