Round 21: vs Manly - Sunday 30 July, 2:00pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

How good is Joe Stimson that we're missing Tohu but no one really notices?
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Sallymay that is a wonderful story.

It reminds me of an incident from over 30 years ago ( maybe closer to 40 years ). In those days my AFL team, StKilda, had Ballarat as its recruiting zone. A lot of the players came from there, and were allowed to live at home and commute for training and playing. They would stop for lunch ('often a pot and a Parma ! ).

One day they were playing at Waverley. The lads got stuck in traffic, and had to get out of the car and run along Wellington Road to get to the ground in time to play.

In the 80s the Saints were a very amateurish organisation !

How was Billy ? Was he upbeat ? Does he feel he has recovered fully ?
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:How Jahrome Hughes hasn't played more first grade I will never know. Just oozes quality.

Manly didn't want to be there after the first 10-15 minutes. Could've easily had another 50 put on them in b2b weeks.

Great to see McLean return and play well too.
Hughes is the greatest Welsh fullback since Jonathan Davies

Discuss.
Is there even another name to throw in to the conversation though? He could be a superstar that's for sure.
Iestyn Harris was a damn good fullback at Wire and started there at Leeds before they moved him to stand-off.
Both fine players for Hughes to aspire to - mind you, if he wants a role model he need look no further than a certain W. Slater Esq.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote:Sallymay that is a wonderful story.

It reminds me of an incident from over 30 years ago ( maybe closer to 40 years ). In those days my AFL team, StKilda, had Ballarat as its recruiting zone. A lot of the players came from there, and were allowed to live at home and commute for training and playing. They would stop for lunch ('often a pot and a Parma ! ).

One day they were playing at Waverley. The lads got stuck in traffic, and had to get out of the car and run along Wellington Road to get to the ground in time to play.

In the 80s the Saints were a very amateurish organisation !

How was Billy ? Was he upbeat ? Does he feel he has recovered fully ?
He said he could've played but glad it was taken out of his hands