Round 3 Storm v Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm2016
Squall
Squall

Whilst I agree a little in Slater trying to do a bit too much at times. He hasn't played for a year so i thought he was ok given that.
Let's give him a few games to get himself match fit etc.
Thought he looked good in combination with cronk on his right in the 2nd half and the more they work on that the better they should get and it gives us another attacking avenue.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I thought Slater played pretty good. Sure he made a few mistakes but overall was a pretty good comeback. Will be better for the game. Kaufusi put some great shots on. Chambers (despite the hate he gets on here) played good. Was robbed of a deadset try. Hopefully Munster is ok
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Kaufusi was a menace, and is definitely ready for SOO.

Doesn't look good for Munster.

Billy will be good for the run.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Chambers is a spud. Most selfish player to have played in the Purple. His flashes of brilliance are far outweighed by his brain farts.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Chambers hate is ridiculous. He played well. Was one of our best. Had some really good runs, should of been awarded a try and was very good defensively. He is one of the best centres in the game and it's ridiculous the way a lot of you so called "Storm fans" criticise him.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Addo-Carr is a poor man's Koro.
How wasn't the Chambers try allowed?
Media calling it a lucky win.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought JAC is a very good pick up. You can call him a poor mans Koro if you wish but the truth is they are completely different players with different styles and roles in our attack.

We need to get the ball to him more and a lot quicker or else we're wasting our money
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:Not impressed with addo-carr, would rather play a sack of spuds than him!
Mattpoet you must have been watching different matches to me in the first three rounds. I think Addo-Carr has been great. He is dynamic and super quick and last night a couple of his tackles were crucial. Some Addo-Carr stats from first three rounds

Rd 3 149 metres 6 tackle breaks 9 tackles 1 try
Rd 2 111 metres 2 tackle breaks 1line break (and a disallowed try because of an obstruction that the bunker pulled from thin air)
Rd 1 202 metres 5 tackle breaks 5 tackles 2 line breaks

On Chambers I was one of his critics last season admittedly after he had a long break through injury. However I thought Chambers was good last night.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cam slotting it from the sideline, on the bad side, essentially for the win... What a champion.

I gave him little chance before he hit it, haha.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You know who should actually get criticised more?

Cronk.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Deadpool wrote:The Chambers hate is ridiculous. He played well. Was one of our best. Had some really good runs, should of been awarded a try and was very good defensively. He is one of the best centres in the game and it's ridiculous the way a lot of you so called "Storm fans" criticise him.
Agreed. The Chambers hate shows a complete lack of knowledge of rugby league and no objectivity in the assessment of performance.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

He did play well, had a lot of hard runs, did some good tackles, scored a try. But maybe he could bring something new to his game and try passing the ball, Storm last night hard more off loads (17) than they usually do, but not him.
Storm2016
Squall
Squall

Chambers did play well last night, but he needs to pass more to Suli

We are not using Suli enough imo, he only seemed to get the ball last night when he went infield and got it himself. I dont even think we kicked one up for him

Got start giving Cam some credit for his goal kicking. This year has been very good and both tries converted last night were from his wrong side and the last one under that much pressure, was brilliant.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:He did play well, had a lot of hard runs, did some good tackles, scored a try. But maybe he could bring something new to his game and try passing the ball, Storm last night hard more off loads (17) than they usually do, but not him.
Suggesting that Chambers (and most of his team mates) could slightly improve their game in some aspects......is vastly different to inferring they are useless, hopeless spuds that should be out of the team
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

He's been too bloody average for too bloody long. Fact.