Round 10 - Cowboys vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Suli would have learnt a lot this weekend. A massive development game from him. It was great to finally see him almost get to top speed. Unlucky to be reined in by the player of our generation , happens to the best of us ;)

I think NAS is the player storm have been missing. A physical beast, an aggressive mindset, an ego, can back it up and very athletic. I hope we pull out all the stops to get him - he's about to find his feet.

I'm going to echo everyone's thoughts on Tohu and say he's just phenomenal. Sign for life - lets pass around the hat
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How good was Suli's take of that floating bomb that was swirling? After the heartbreak of dropping that relative easy one early on, it would have been very easy - if not expected - for a young kid to lose all confidence and go into his shell. Multiple errors would likely follow...

Instead, he brushed it off and looked determine to make up for it. That catch was amazing and his big break equally impressive as he dodged defenders left and right.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He could be scary good
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ive said for weeks before when watching suli play for easts tigers he was always scoring 2 or 3 or even just one try but would always let in at least one too...chayse blair was the same in the few weeks he played in qcup...once they get those kinds of things out of their game they will be huge for us
staticash
Squall
Squall

At the start of the season my mate and i sat down for round 1 and before kickoff we spoke about our chances this season. Both of us sadly concluded we were not too positive as to our chances of taking out the comp. I dare say that thought echoed into the following rounds.
I will now eat my words, after the last 3 rounds we have shown huge improvement and i personally think we have a real shot. Many of the young players are coming into their own and showing us purple bloods that there is a very bright light at the end of the big 3's tunnel.
PURPLE 4 LIFE.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm still a little concerned about teams that can go up another level and out aggressive us. Saw a little of it on Saturday night but we were able to "bend but not break". The good news is our forward looks better than ever and we were able to match it with the reigning premiers and sometimes out muscle them. Bellamy deserves a ton of credit with what he's been able to get out of a make shift backline every week. That was a major weakness of ours before the season and everyone of them has done something good every game.

If the forward pack keeps improving, the spine continues to get better in all phases (last tackle options still a big ? to me) and we if/when we're able to get Chambers and co back heading into the finals, we're a real shot at making some noise in the finals.