Greg Inglis to Brisbane

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I am really over Inglis now,don't care if he goes or stays,he will more than likely drag it on for a bit longer than Bellamy won't stand him down,but whatever the decision I wish he would just bloody make it and cut the prima donna crap.
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Going by Fox long lunch it said that Inglis will go to Brisbane however its Storm in no hurry.  $600,000 standing in way I think they are waiting for best offer.  And yes this was from the Telegraph reporter whose name I couldn't be bothered with
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Backline 2011

1.Slater
2. Duffie
3.Neilson
4.Stanley
5.O'neill
6.Whidopp/Kelly
7.Cronk

What happens to Quinny? Because apparently he is staying.  None of these names  deserve to miss a first grade spot including Quinny.  And what about Dane Chisholm?  We seem to have a lot of backs.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Mauritian wrote: Backline 2011

1.Slater
2. Duffie
3.Neilson
4.Stanley
5.O'neill
6.Whidopp/Kelly
7.Cronk

What happens to Quinny? Because apparently he is staying.  None of these names  deserve to miss a first grade spot including Quinny.  And what about Dane Chisholm?  We seem to have a lot of backs.
FMD I hope Quinn is shown the door. Especially because of the 300k hes on!  I dont know Mauritian if we have alot of backs or not. I mean yes backs are of an abundance but not to many are ready for NRL oustide of the line up you named. With GI and possibly Isa going, that leaves us with FG quality backs in Quinn and Chisholm, who's untested at NRL level. You look in the NSW Cup team and really the only other back good enough for NRL is Jy Hitchcox.
Last edited by Freshy on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nadruku wrote: When will it click with some its dragging on so as too get as much money out them as possible meaning we have more in our cap.And other players we are keeping have checked out other clubs facilities but the media doesnt really care about them
So true.

Other clubs won't make an offer either until the Storm have to cut him. )So the Storm pay the remainder of his wage.(
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like Titans are making a serious bid, I don't know where they're getting there money from but I'd rather he go Titans than Brisbane.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote: Looks like Titans are making a serious bid, I don't know where they're getting there money from but I'd rather he go Titans than Brisbane.
If Inglis has ANY respect for Melbourne Storm.....he will go where Storm have to cover the least amount of $$$$ in their cap.

If he just wants to be north to be with his partner...then the Tits should be a perfectly acceptable option to him.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

Inglis should be paying the difference himself.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:

If Inglis has ANY respect for Melbourne Storm.....he will go where Storm have to cover the least amount of $$$$ in their cap.

If he just wants to be north to be with his partner...then the Tits should be a perfectly acceptable option to him.

That's a very good point you made there SS. If the Storm are prepared to let him walk out of half way through his contract the right thing for him to do is help them out by going to the other QLD club that can afford him and will pay him more, hence us paying less. If the sole reason he wants to leave is because he only wants to be close to his missus in Brisbane then surely he can compromise a bit and go to the Coast if it'll help the club out a lot more as opposed to going to Brisbane. It's no secret the club have been very very good to Greg since he first came down as a young kid so IMO it'd be the least he could do to repay that, i mean it's not like it's hundreds of k's away.

Just my 2c
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

This in the Gold Coast paper today.  It is a Newslimited paper

Inglis hopes rest on secret dinner
Luke Turgeon  |  August 4th, 2010

THE Titans are hoping a secret dinner with dynamic duo Scott Prince and Preston Campbell will help convince Storm superstar Greg Inglis to sign with the Gold Coast.

Titans managing director Michael Searle and coach John Cartwright hosted Inglis on a tour of the club's Centre of Excellence on Monday as the battle with the Broncos to snare the Queensland and Test representative lifted another gear.

But the Titans' trump card was played later that night as Inglis and his fiancee Sally Robinson dined with club captain Prince and No.1 signing Campbell at Searle's home before returning to Melbourne around 9pm.

Prince has played State of Origin alongside Inglis while Campbell is his second cousin.

All three were in camp on the Gold Coast earlier this year with the Indigenous All Stars team, although Inglis didn't play in the historic match because of a hip injury.

Titans coach John Cartwright was reluctant to divulge details of Inglis' whirlwind Gold Coast visit.

But the Gold Coast Bulletin understands Prince and Campbell were recruited to help spruik the benefits of joining the NRL's newest franchise.

A tight-lipped Cartwright confirmed the talks between Inglis and the Titans were positive.

"It is a positive move from him and a positive move from our club," said Cartwright.

"We feel he is a player who can really benefit us and we are in there for him. Whether we get him or not, as I say, that is up to him and his manager."

Asked what he spoke with Inglis about, Cartwright said:

"A lot of that will remain between me and him. He knows a lot of the players through representative footy, knows a lot of the staff.

"He just had a look around the training centre and places to live and that sort of thing."

The Titans are reluctant to put a timeline on the drawn-out contract dealings, with several crucial factors not in the club's control.

The Storm are yet to grant Inglis a release and NRL salary cap auditors must still approve the Titans' offer, which is believed to be worth more than $1 million over two seasons.

"He has got a lot to weigh up and the NRL has got to look at it and Melbourne has got to look at it," said Cartwright. "It is a long process I would imagine."

The fact the Titans flew Inglis to the Coast under a cloud of secrecy is a sign the club is serious in its bid.

It is understood the Titans were reluctant to let the media in on the ploy after the very public bid to lure Wests Tigers hooker Robbie Farah backfired at the end of 2008.

They are also trying their best not to upset current members of the playing group for fear of destabilising the team's charge to the finals.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Not such a "secret" dinner then  :lost:
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

glennb wrote:
They are also trying their best not to upset current members of the playing group for fear of destabilising the team's charge to the finals.
:lol: :lol:
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I just got a text from a friend in Sydney that Matty Johns just said on his show that He has the inside word that GI will be staying with us. Read into that what u will.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

MAN!!!!!!!  I just wish he would make up his mind already. if he stays great but if he goes i will be upset that it had to come to this as we had to loose alot of great playersd through no fault of the players bellamy or us the fans but in saying that, if he does go then imo we let go the most expandable player of our BIG 4... we have some great ouside backs coming trhrough and i rekon stanley has done some good things on the field.......  Lets hope we hear some news on this matter in the next few days... 
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

storma01 wrote: MAN!!!!!!!  I just wish he would make up his mind already. if he stays great but if he goes i will be upset that it had to come to this as we had to loose alot of great playersd through no fault of the players bellamy or us the fans but in saying that, if he does go then imo we let go the most expandable player of our BIG 4... we have some great ouside backs coming trhrough and i rekon stanley has done some good things on the field.......   Lets hope we hear some news on this matter in the next few days... 
I'm of the same opinion. I'll be fine with it if he stays (though he's lost a lot of my respect through all this) & I'll support him while he's in Storm colours. If he leaves, well so be it, I won't lose any sleep, cry about it or throw any kind of tantrum. It's jus' all been dragging on waaay too long & I think it has been a lil' disruptive to the boys mental ability on the field, moreso of late...