2013 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Agree

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:I just can't see us signing anyone too significant, I mean we have Bill at the back, Duffman, The Ferrari and Waqa for the flanks with DJ & Young also looking the goods, We have Will C, The Ferrari again, Mahe and Bobby as 3/4 options. We now have Mann & Hampton as under studies to Gaz & Coops, we have J-Bro, Rylesy, Noz, Vave, Garbutt, Sirro and Wilson for the engine room along with Cam, Rory and Slade as #9 options. Then throw in a back row between Hoff, Proc, K-Bro, Hinchy, Harris and hopefully Lowrie and we pretty much have the players already here to have a good chance of success in 2013. If anything i'd like to see maybe a cheap experienced Centre/Winger for depth like Earl and maybe a decent Prop like Packer but really i'm pretty happy with our team ATM.

That was fun to read...was trying to work out all the players names btw i love the team we have for next year...junior sau would be a good pick up
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sold on Sironen as a 1st grader yet, his defence looks up to it, I just think he tries to be something he's not with the ball, he's a prop, he needs to just go forward instead of trying to flick the ball and lose it as I've seen him do a bit in NYC. Having said that, if his stint in NSW Cup teaches him when to use the tricks and when to just go forward, he could be a very valuable player in the years to come. I'm just on the fence with him still as I don't think he knows himself quite what sort of player he wants to be and until he sorts that out he'll be prone to those silly errors. Maybe needs to talk to Kevin Proctor about it, he went through the same problem a few years back.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Swapping Widdop for Finch? Which hack journo came up with that scoop? As much as I loved having Finchy here he is past it now andi can't think of a single club that would have a use for him. Most clubs have their halves combos set in stone.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sorry. Have I missed something; when did Melbourne sign Curtis Sironen?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

talking about damien sironen in our nyc side
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

Richie Fa'aoso possibly to link up with storm and may be before june 30!?

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league ... 20uwt.html

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i think he would be very handy off the bench
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

also kostjayson possibly to cowboys next yr

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I just watched the CQ Capras game for last weekend. Tim Glasby played in the second row despite being named at prop. He made a number of good runs including a 20 metre run where he broke one tackle and dragged another player over the try line (which someone else previously mentioned on here). He made two handling errors. His defense was quite solid. So I was reasonably impressed with his game.

Something which I thought might be of interest to people was a comment made in the commentary. Channel None's Mike Rabbitt said that Glasby had signed with the Storm and that Glasby is an accountant. Then he asked if that was an ironic scenario that he (an accountant) had signed with the Storm. What a twit! Or should that be what a rabbitt?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

liking the sound of this bloke
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we should be looking at the bradford bulls players cause they wont have a club next year....found this guy he seems good

http://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/player/155/Alex%20Ball
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6409548235

Richie Fa'aoso set for transfer from the Newcastle Knights to the Melbourne Storm

UNWANTED Newcastle prop Richie Fa'aoso is poised to sign a short-term deal to link up with premiership frontrunners the Melbourne Storm for the rest of the season.
While negotiations have not been finalised, it's believed Fa'aoso will fly to Melbourne today or tomorrow for a medical to ensure the deal is done before the June 30 registration cut-off.

A regular in the Knights' NRL squad since joining the club in 2008, Fa'aoso has had limited game time under coach Wayne Bennett this year and was told this month he would not be re-signed when his contract expires at season's end. Bennett also told him he would not stand in his way if he wanted to leave immediately.

It's understood Fa'aoso has also been in talks with both Manly and Canberra and there is speculation he may end up at the Sea Eagles next season with the Storm said to be only interested in a short-term deal.

A Melbourne Storm source yesterday confirmed the club had been in negotiations with Fa'aoso.

"There is certainly some interest there but nothing has been finalised at this stage," the source said.

"We are looking for a short-term solution in the front row for the rest of this season and Richie is one of the players who we identified."

well that sucks cause if he does well then we are just gonna give him up to our biggest rivels ewwwe
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6409477390

brett finch back to the storm
Unless there is some strength to the rumours of Gaz leaving I can't see where Finch would get a game ahead of Cooper or Gaz.