Not As Bad As First Thought

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That was Troy Giess his brother
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How does Grant Geiss go, I haven't seen him play tbh
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:That was Troy Giess his brother
Sallymay both Troy and Grant played. Grant went off with an injured arm after about 25 minutes. Grant didn't come back on.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Really...lol I was so sure it was Troy ???oh damn I did make him get injured poor guy
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure how true it is but in the article below it says Coops is only 4-6 away. Still a big blow of course but much better than the original 12 weeks if it's correct.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6938999871
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So here is some unexpected good news about Coops and his arm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... 6938999871
Star halfback Cooper Cronk does not require surgery on his broken forearm, but he remains four to six weeks away.
Whilst this is good for the end of our season I hope it isnt a case of "He needs surgery but this will do for the time being. we wont do it untill the offseason", he runs the risk of doing more harm if thats the case and may eat into his preseason
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote:So here is some unexpected good news about Coops and his arm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... 6938999871
Star halfback Cooper Cronk does not require surgery on his broken forearm, but he remains four to six weeks away.
Whilst this is good for the end of our season I hope it isnt a case of "He needs surgery but this will do for the time being. we wont do it untill the offseason", he runs the risk of doing more harm if thats the case and may eat into his preseason
I wouldn't think that would be an issue with a fracture. More likely with ligament damage, or possibly a bit of floating cartilage or something like that. A fractured arm needs to heal, not a niggle he can carry
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

steaming stormer wrote:I wouldn't think that would be an issue with a fracture. More likely with ligament damage, or possibly a bit of floating cartilage or something like that. A fractured arm needs to heal, not a niggle he can carry
True. It's not like Coops can wear massive bulky padding like we have seen previously with Webke and other props. That would be disruptive to his passing game. No doubt he will be strapped upon return but it will be interesting to see how strapped. He will also probably avoid taking the line on for the rest of the year.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He'll wear something like Scott Prince did I'd imagine