Round 3 - Storm v Knights

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think the club can mount a pretty good case to the judiciary with regards to that tackle. Forgetting the similar types of tackles made against us in the first half, despite seeing what happened to McKinnon an idiotic Knights player put Hampton in what I thought to be a worse position only about 5 minutes into the second half. He wasn't even penalized because Hampton didn't exacerbate the problem or stay down. I can live with McLean missing a week, maybe two purely because of the severity of the injury. Any more than that would just be making him into a scapegoat.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he'll be rubbed out because he wears purple and he'll have to serve his suspension in the nrl for the same reason unlike a certain dogs prop who got 12 but served 3 practice games and 2 internationals so that he was back by rd 8!

I hope McKinnon is ok, but, he did a stupid thing that was a big contributor to his injury and I hope that gets taken into account too.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Could we be seeing Jarrod McCracken part 2?
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I doubt it. This is not as black and white as a spear tackle. You would think there is too much contention over who's most to blame for McKinnon/the Knights to want to go that far.

The thing that's really giving me the shits is people calling the tackle shocking, disgraceful, saying Jordan is a grub etc. He barely, if at all, went past the horizontal. Obviously I feel very sad to see this happen, but come on.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Doesn't matter what the situation is, the Storm haters are more than happy to come out of the woodwork for any reason.

The calls on social media (and other forums) range from 10 weeks to a life ban for McLean :lol:
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just watching the game again, why was Gidley allowed to knock the ball out of Fonua's hands after the penalty was called on our tryline at around the 27min mark? The level of dissent allowed in the NRL is staggering! In any other sport, an additional penalty would have been leveled for such a blatant act of bad sportsmanship. If Slater could be sent off for trying to get to his feet the game before, Gidley should be sent off for that!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And another thing...

If that is the message that the NRL is comfortable sending to children about how to act then I'd be staggered!