R9 - Penrith vs Melbourne Sun 12/05 6:30pm Centrebet Stadium

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

I noticed last week and its the same this week, the boys look physically spent after about 5 minutes, what the hell are our conditioners and coaches doing, unbelievable.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Horrible, horrible half of footy. Maybe the worst I have seen. Embarrassing really. Panthers should be up by 30.

Our forwards are as soft as butter, the Panthers forwards are dominating us, getting quick play the ball and going to sleep on top of us when they are defending.

Widdop and O'Neill cannot tackle to save themselves and we are dropping the ball like it is covered in oil.

Need a SIGNIFICANT change or might as well go home.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Who's the team in the white gear? And where's Melbourne Storm?

Fairdinkum, they all need to be dropped. They are playing shit against a shit team. I hope they hook in 2nd half.
staticash
Squall
Squall

I thought storms were playing tonite.......
S.W.A.S
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There's plenty of time to turn it around and in the past i'd be more than confident of doing so though many of these blokes need a massive attitude adjustment quick smart. They think they just have to turn up against the lower sides and we'll win.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Why boo Bromwich's try? You'd think those in 'NRL's Heartland' would know the rules?!

Penrith's third try should've gone to vid ref. Very good chance he was in touch before grounding ball.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Why aren't we EVER allowed a quick 20m tap?

Shit game STORM!!!! Well played Gavin Badger!!
Brian
Squall
Squall

Flat as a shit carters hat..again

They will lift against Manly
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Widdop and Fonua both need to be dropped.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cameron Smith and Billy Slater played their worst game in Storm colours, why all game was Cam playing it one off the ruck? No 2nd man, no dummy half runs, Slater was lazy and disinterested, It's almost like they refused to break from a shitty gameplan that wasn't working. Kicking for touch afew times in the last 5 minutes, i mean what were they thinking? Chambers saw the ball about 3 times all game and made a half break each time yet we wouldn't go back there. Penrith were absolutely horrible, we were just worse. Easily the most frustrating storm game I've experienced first hand.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Our best was Junior Moors by a mile, great effort dude.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We just look tired and unmotivated atm. No one is putting in much effort.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:Well played Gavin Badger!!
I think Badge generally does a pretty good job but stopping us for 20 seconds to allow the Panthers defence to get set was not fair at all. He had no intention of getting back 10 metres in any reasonable timeframe. You probably won't see that again all year... Unfair.

Better second half when the forwards decided they wanted to play footy but still not very good at all. Moors was good with his runs, probably our best forward. Hoffman and Bromich were solid also.

We built a reputation for years as a club that plays grinding footy. Getting into the arm wrestle, staying calm and executing the gameplan. Now we just look panicky, rushed and desperate.

I know it's not popular but PISS GARETH WIDDOP OFF RIGHT BACK TO NSW CUP. Offers nothing... unless you count missed tackles and 3 metre runs.

Blair AND Griffen both on the bench is stupid. get another big guy out there. Setu will do. Vave and Hinchy can not come back soon enough.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Mahe wasnt who he is he would have been dropped a while ago.

Massive holes in his game which need to be fixed at the lower levels
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:Why boo Bromwich's try? You'd think those in 'NRL's Heartland' would know the rules?!
My partner asked, "why are the crowd booing every time the Panthers get the ball?". :lol:

All game. ALL game. Every set. Dedicated.