heads up: The Supercoach's book

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Clouds isn't just about the cap, stormy. It's actually a history of the club.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pre-ordered my copy through work. Should have it today. :)
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just read the foreword.

Say what you want about Phil Gould personally, you will not find a more knowledgable, passionate and learned individual in rugby league.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:Just read the foreword.

Say what you want about Phil Gould personally, you will not find a more knowledgable, passionate and learned individual in rugby league.
+1 He's as passionate about league as anyone. Truly does love our great game.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just purchased it on iBooks for $14.99
(-:
First book I've ever purchased and read on the iPad
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

This book is also at Kmart
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

read the first chapter on my lunch break.

The views and opinions and philosophies could be anybodies. Could be yours or mine. But they just happen to be those of a very well respected coach and human being in general.

I got a massive smile on my face when he was talking about a trial game against the Titans in 07. His daughter was back in Brisbane and was sick so he took the day to drive up and see her. On the way he was listening to talk back radio and a woman called in and said "I'm ditching the Bulldogs and suporting the Storm". This all came about becauise of a clinic that the lads were doing for the local kids and her son was in attendance. He went to get Matty King's autograph and Kingy stood there with him for 5 or ten minutes asking him about football and school and generally taking an interest in this kid. The boy came home bouncing off the walls and beaming beacuse of the encounter.

Back when I worked for Borders Books on Chapel Street there was one day I went home sick and not long after I left Kingy came in to the store and one of my coleagues went and introduced himself and asked for his autograph for me and Kingy said "No worries. Is he here? I'd be happy to have a chat with him if he wants to come down and say g'day". My colleague explained that I'd gone home ill and I came in the next day with a note that read; Dear Luke. Get Well Soon. Go Storm! signed by Kingy
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 he must be a very nice person because at a Storm family day I asked for an autograph. I asked for it to be made at to Rebecca and said she was a daughter of a lady I worked (she was) and she thinks your wonderful. He wrote Dear Bec "Stay beautiful" and signed it. Both her and her mother screamed with delight when they read it. Three of the same stories says a lot about him.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Of all the players that have left us, I miss Kingy the most. Cool story man.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pmsl! He mentions the Canberra game in 2010 where a bloke waved a $20 note at Finchy. Finchy took the twenty off the bloke and walked off and the bloke did his block. Rofl!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good one Finchy. In all my years of supporting Storm I have always found the players to be approachable and friendly. I was at a home show once in Melbourne and Robbie Ross saw me and he came over to me and we chatted for about 15 mins cos we had chatted a few times at Storm games and in the social club at Olympic park.In UK a couple of years back Finchy, Lima, Hoffy and Maguire all chatted to me and said it was great to see the great Storm jersey so far away from home.