Maurice Blair charged with unlawful assault

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

harpwen u are the first to notice that Bobbys profile was taken down but is now back up on the site...maybe its a sign they will back him all the way

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

if you are unlucky enough to still be out at 5am in the gold coast you will know it doesnt take much to fall over, so it could be something very minor that has been spotted by someone in the media trying to make a name for themselves and creating drama. who knows!! but it will all come out eventually.

i expect him not to be playing this week so chambers should get his spot in the centres.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

russell gould just put on twitter most likely out come is an internal punishment and fine

Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Maurice Blair won't get kicked out of the club, I know it's not right to push a girl but it's not a big enough offense from what I have heard to be kicked out of a club. I'm not going to criticise Bobby when I don't have any facts on what he did either. Hope it all get's sorted soon!
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

well hopefully we see chambers get a go this week, though I'm hearing that Neilson will play this week soo? I'd imagine bellamy won't pick blair after that incident.. he wouldn't be to happy with what blair atm.

Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It was strange that Blair's profile disappeared last night from the OS....

If there is nothing in it all ..then fine and good.

Obviously if it was serious enough then the Club would have my support to terminate his services.

I know people need a life...but when they play professional footy...what the hell possess them to be out in a club on the GC at 5am ?????
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Not much info coming out about this , im giving him the benifit of the doubt until proven guilty.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If Sisa Waqa was the other player with Bobby the other night, then I can't see him getting much game time this year. Doesn't Bellyache not select players who are ill-disciplined - remember Chris Walker anybody, only ended up playing 7 games for the club due to a poor attitude off-field.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Official Statement

Melbourne Storm has completed its comprehensive investigation into the alleged incident involving Maurice Blair on the Gold Coast early Sunday morning. The club’s findings are consistent with those of the Queensland Police, released via official statement yesterday. Melbourne Storm has a firm position with relation to any violence against women, regardless of reason or severity. The club deems Maurice’s actions as unacceptable. Melbourne Storm has very high and clear behavioural standards for its players. Therefore everyone within the club is extremely disappointed to be dealing with this matter. Maurice Blair has subsequently made the following statement:

“I would like to apologise to my family, friends, fans and all the stakeholders of Melbourne Storm for my involvement in the incident,” Blair stated. “Everyone at Melbourne Storm is well educated and fully aware of our requirements when it comes to respectful relationships and the decisions we make. “If I had my time again I would have made a better choice to ignore the situation. “I have been fully cooperative with everyone involved and I have accepted the outcomes.“My focus will be on working hard to get back into the team.”

In accordance with the club’s processes, Maurice will continue with Melbourne Storm’s extensive education and awareness program. In addition, Melbourne Storm has imposed a two week suspension, effective immediately, which will see Maurice unavailable for selection in the NRL and NSW Cup teams. He will also receive an undisclosed monetary fine, which will be allocated towards the education and awareness program.

The club has worked in consultation with all its relevant stakeholders, including the NRL, in addressing this matter.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ten bucks says it was a situation where some stuck up drunk girl was arguing with him, got aggressive and in his face and so he shoved her to get her back. I'm not condoning his actions, of course - but that wouldn't be an unrealistic scenario.

Shouldn't have been out so late, anyway.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:Ten bucks says it was a situation where some stuck up drunk girl was arguing with him, got aggressive and in his face and so he shoved her to get her back. I'm not condoning his actions, of course - but that wouldn't be an unrealistic scenario.

Shouldn't have been out so late, anyway.
the amount of times i get girls talking shit to me, calling me out, asking if i take steroids, saying I've got shrunken nuts etc... i wouldn't be surprised if he just had a lapse of judgement and pushed her away .

she was probably backed off her face, her shoes were probably high heeled, caused her to step back and twist her ankle and fall

in saying that, if it happened to anyone else they'd be the bad guy too, not just a case of being a sports person
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So from his statement he was provoked...why am I not surprised? Still, being out at 5am on the Coast is just asking for trouble...just as Benji Marshall.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Let's play football....

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I wouldn't lose any sleep if we cut him loose.
Plenty of kids willing to give their left knacker for a shot at it.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

A professional footy player has no right to be out at 5am in the morning on a road trip.. dumb.