My Personal Opinion on the Salary Cap Drama

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep i read it and i wouldn't be at all surprised if they get off very lightly for exactly the reasons you mentioned Les. Could you just imagine the damage it'd do to the game if these blokes were to spill everything they know about other players and clubs if they were to be stripped? That's the last thing the NRL/News would want, not to mention hypothetically if the agents were privy to certain information that might implicate anyone from any other organization eg. New Ltd who may or may not have been complicit in the rorting and knowing much more than they admitted to. It wouldn't be a very good look for them after strenuously denying any knowledge whatsoever about the rorting now would it?
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Then again it could be the IC's first opportunity to show they're not a toothless tiger. I wonder if that's why it's taking so long to take flight? Gallop and News probably want to settle this mess first, then handover to IC.

And why does it take our frustration to reach fever pitch before the NRL let anyone in on the fact that an investigation/court proceedings is still underway/pending. Is this just another example of Gallop's contempt towards rugby league fans, not just Storm, and the Gallop-led NRL's re-active nature?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

They should be able to prove a strong defence that the terrorists in Melbourne threatened to boo them if they didn't dud the books.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

They will probably strike a deal ..keep silent on nsw clubs and you can keep your accreditation.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The NRL and News Ltd would never allow this to happen.

Gallop's career, and News Ltd's future in the game rests on the salary cap scandal being limited to only the rorting of one single cap. Widespread rorting would be the end of them.
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

I am so over this salary cap rubbish, don't care what Sydney media thinks of us or opposition supporters, WHO GIVES A RAT"S LEFT @$%R(%
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

one-eyed wrote:I am so over this salary cap rubbish, don't care what Sydney media thinks of us or opposition supporters, WHO GIVES A RAT"S LEFT @$%R(%
NOT ME - I need 'em both :twisted:
But you'll get no argument from me on your valid point 8)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields