Storm vindicates NRL, says Gallop

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Anyone else see the sign in the GA area (Yarra end) that read "Hey David Gallop - suck my Cronk!"? It didn't last long. It was right next to the "Run Billy Run" and "Heat Sika" signs - so directly opposite the Bai Stand.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yeh it was up all through the 20s game right up until 5 mins into the game then security went to pull it down and the person who put it up put it in their bag

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

So Gallop was not at Friday night's game. So the person in charge of the NRL has not been to every home ground to see every team play in the season. This would not happen in the AFL. The people in charge of AFL make sure they go to every interstate club home games at least twice in a season. Also, I bet the AFL would take longer than twenty mintues to make to the decisions the NRL made last year.

Nobody says Gallop is doing or has done a great job, so why is this man still in charge.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

glennb wrote:So Gallop was not at Friday night's game. So the person in charge of the NRL has not been to every home ground to see every team play in the season. This would not happen in the AFL. The people in charge of AFL make sure they go to every interstate club home games at least twice in a season. Also, I bet the AFL would take longer than twenty mintues to make to the decisions the NRL made last year.

Nobody says Gallop is doing or has done a great job, so why is this man still in charge.
because the current owners dont care about the game, just the $$ in their pockets and gallop it giving that to them, but f*cking up the game in the process, thats just how i see it though
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

GALLOP was a NEWS LTD lawyer during the super league war.As long as they are involved so too will their pet stooge :twisted: Regardless of effects on the fibre of the game >:(
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like he's going to be there Friday night.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

But it is not in Melbourne.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

giddyup is a coward.couldn`t face a 24,500 strong Storm supporter crowd.Instead opting to go to a non event like the chooks vs STORM game.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

He'll be at our home final should we win the MP. The club has told him, and he's agreed, that's where we'd like the shield presented. So now it's up to us to ensure that over 24,000 people show up on that day/night

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

after what the fans and club has gone through in the last 18 months, he is scared of facing a 20k crowd for 10 mins before he runs off behind the glass getting royal treatment from the club. which brings me to another point. why when he offers the club so little in the way of advertising and development into melbourne, will the club offer him royal treatment? give him GA tickets, then send him the bill!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

storming wrote:after what the fans and club has gone through in the last 18 months, he is scared of facing a 20k crowd for 10 mins before he runs off behind the glass getting royal treatment from the club. which brings me to another point. why when he offers the club so little in the way of advertising and development into melbourne, will the club offer him royal treatment? give him GA tickets, then send him the bill!
Sit him between the drum and a cowbell and then drape the giant flag over him. Oh, and then have the person in front of him stand the whole game while wearing a Premiers 09 jersey.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storming wrote:
glennb wrote:So Gallop was not at Friday night's game. So the person in charge of the NRL has not been to every home ground to see every team play in the season. This would not happen in the AFL. The people in charge of AFL make sure they go to every interstate club home games at least twice in a season. Also, I bet the AFL would take longer than twenty mintues to make to the decisions the NRL made last year.

because the current owners dont care about the game, just the $$ in their pockets and gallop it giving that to them, but f*cking up the game in the process, thats just how i see it though
This.

I also read something in the Age/SMH about the MP being awarded in round 26 against the Roosters in Sydney. What a crock of shit! This sets a precedent as far as I am concerned.

Mr Gallop; when Brisbane next wins the minor premiership, please schedule a game in Sydney for them and award the JJ Shield then. The hysteria north of the Tweed would be deafening!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the shield will be presented at our first final its been confirmed

Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I've already stated that Sally. I think a few on here just like stirring the shit pot, or they don't or can't read other posts. They're worse than SMH journos with the crap they write on this forum.
I wish they'd focus their energy at bombarding channel 9's switchboards and facebook page to get this Fridays game shown live. And focus on ensuring we get a massive crowd to 'welcome' Giddyup to Melbourne.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i agree with u send letter send msgs send anything to shit them