SECURITY TO AAMI PARK PLZ GALLOPS ON HIS WAY

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:http://www.nrl.com/storm-shun-ugly-past ... fault.aspx

There's no picture of NRL chief David Gallop on a dartboard; no daily pilgrimage past their now empty trophy cabinet.
So the bastards have taken 1999 away from us as well? The nerve. :evil:
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

no they havent....its just a figure of speech

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The tropy cabinet is not physically empty at all. It has two premiership trophies (1999 and 2007) and two world club trophies in it (2000 and 2010). The might have taken the titles off us, but no one has taken the trophies.

After the team wins the NRL premiership they get the trophy for the next season and then they give it back to the NRL. If they want a replica they have to buy one. Which is what we did in 1999 and 2007. We never purchased a 2009 trophy because the title was taken away before we had to give back the trophy. I do not think the NRL would lets us buy one now!

I would think that the world club trophy is a new one every and no one has asked for it back, becasue Gallop just decided this year that he need to do some more thing to the club and that was only thing left.

But all four trophies are on display at the club in a glass cabinet. I have seen it.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:no they havent....its just a figure of speech

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
I know. I was joking and pointing out the inaccuracy of that part of the article.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Along with,(amongst other things) the Southern States Cup which is waiting in vain for another South Australian,(or Sth WA team) to challenge for it ;)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

"We've had record-breaking attendances, our membership is record-breaking (11,700)."

This was an interesting part that i took from the earlier article.

Despite some so called experts saying that our brand was irrepairable damaged in 2010, the club now has over 11500 members IN 2011.

SENSATIONAL EFFORT MELBOURNE (and interstate) FOLK !
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see StormMan plonk Gallop on the back of his bike and give him a spin around AAMI Park at 5ks an hr so we fans get a chance to say some kind words to him :hal
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know I'm getting into the realms of fantasy here, but, how about one of those free givaway days like in US baseball (rancid tomato day - cop that Davey Boy)
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

"Tonight's game between the Storm and the Dragons is proudly presented by Pace Farm Eggs..."

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

the way the dragqueens are playing at this point the game against us is shaping up to be a non event.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Gallop comes to the Dragons game he will sit behind glass but you can guarantee if he does the Channel NEIN! cameras will put their camera on him and he will be met with a flurry of boos and jeers. There will be no public address. In fact, I doubt his presence will be acknowledged.

If we do end up with the minor premiership the done thing would be to present it at our first home final as was meant to happen in 2008 but we were all pissed off after getting pipped at full-time and the ceremony was scrapped.