Storm fight to keep Blair

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

my thought is let him go if he is asking too much and extend tohu's contract to lock him in for maybe 4 years?
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

wonder what type of deal Parra are putting together...500k figure is probally about 400k and the rest made up of 3rd party and concessions.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

didnt parra sign hayne for 500k a year and i thought poore was 400k a year (way over his worth) and with top forwards like hindmarsh, moi moi, mannah and now blairs reported 500k offer, how big is their salary cap?
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

Their salary cap isn't full by any wretch of the imagination, they lost Inu, Tabu, Mateo and Cayless. They were 'cashed up' even before this, after losing that much talent they only gained McGuire, Webb, Walker and Maitua. 3 has beens on nothing money and player of note. I think parra have the room to fit Blair is on 500k easily, if not more.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
TheParraPowerof1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Parra havent offered Blair $500k, this is a figure his manger is throwing around to try and force the price up that the storm might pay for him. No forward is worth $500k a season his manager is dreaming.