Gallop Press Conference due to begin in 3 minutes

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

stormsucks wrote: im a canberra raiders fan but i feel that everything that melbourne get is deserved. It just makes me angry that a team has raped and pillaged the rest of the competition and they might get away with it.The only thing I disagreed on was not allowing the storm to play for points this year, they should have just kicked them out of the competition until they can field a legal team.  If NRL does not make them break up the big 4 then a lot of fans will turn away from the game imo
You mean the "Home Grown Big Four" go and grow your own P#$%K
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormsucks wrote: im a canberra raiders fan but i feel that everything that melbourne get is deserved. It just makes me angry that a team has raped and pillaged the rest of the competition and they might get away with it.The only thing I disagreed on was not allowing the storm to play for points this year, they should have just kicked them out of the competition until they can field a legal team.  If NRL does not make them break up the big 4 then a lot of fans will turn away from the game imo
This whole things isn't about the Big 4 though...it's about the whole playing roster being under the salary cap.

Storm could quite legally have kept the Big 4 from 2006 - 2010 providing the remainder of the roster only took up the remaining salary.

Fast forward now...the Storm are quite entitled to keep the Big 4 if the remaining 21 players can fit into a 2.1m salary.

It's the total playing roster and total salary cap which is relevant....not which players were or weren't kept or should or shouldn't be kept.

I know you are shaking your head about now...but honestly...beleive me....that's the short and the tall of it.

Other teams hate the thought of Melbourne Storm having 4 of the best players in the world...well we are about to see if that works in 2011 when the remainder of the roster comprises kids and a few mid tier players.

Only time will tell !
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
stormsucks
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Storm Spirit wrote:
This whole things isn't about the Big 4 though...it's about the whole playing roster being under the salary cap.

Storm could quite legally have kept the Big 4 from 2006 - 2010 providing the remainder of the roster only took up the remaining salary.

Fast forward now...the Storm are quite entitled to keep the Big 4 if the remaining 21 players can fit into a 2.1m salary.

It's the total playing roster and total salary cap which is relevant....not which players were or weren't kept or should or shouldn't be kept.

I know you are shaking your head about now...but honestly...beleive me....that's the short and the tall of it.

Other teams hate the thought of Melbourne Storm having 4 of the best players in the world...well we are about to see if that works in 2011 when the remainder of the roster comprises kids and a few mid tier players.

Only time will tell

I actually respect you for being the first person to not rip into me for expressing my opinion. All I am saying is that I dont see any way that melbourne can field a team next year with the big 4 and then 21 players for a combined 2.1 million or around thereabouts. And I dont hate the thought of melbourne having 4 top players, I just think that the determination of these players to stay in melbourne will mean little in the long run as I believe 1 or 2 of them will have to leave. just my opinion sorry
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Id personally LOVE to see the 4 taken down to a big 3
Cronk would look sexy in a maroon and white outfit
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm Spirit wrote:

We have got to remember these so called kids or as they were refered to today 'Pub Team  Players"are all professionals and were brought to the club because Bellamy thought they had something to offer, so lets get them blooded and get behind the rebuilding of a gret team.
stormsucks
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

and freshy how about u lima lima lima duck off? I was stating my opinion
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Eagle wrote: Id personally LOVE to see the 4 taken down to a big 3
I propose a trade. Cronk for Cherry Evans  :P
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormsucks wrote: and freshy how about u *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!* off? I was stating my opinion
And so was I. end of the story.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormsucks wrote: and freshy how about u *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!* off? I was stating my opinion
Freshy can say whatever the *lima lima lima duck* he wants,its his house
Your opinions simply arent in the best interest of his club or the game itself
The big 3 should stay with Cronk going to the northern beaches :D

Seriously though those big 4 were nothing without melbourne,they are home grown superstars
I seriously cannot believe that a man from canberra is throwing stones at the salary cap breakers
of 2006 - 2010,Your club is well known for its history of cheating the cap yourselves,you sir are not
only a moron your a hypocrit
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
stormsucks
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

typical manly prick..... lol at cronk going to manly
stormsucks
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

lol at manly, f ucken shit ground with f ucken closet supporters
stormsucks
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

lol at manly, f ucken shit ground with f ucken closet supporters
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Freshy wrote:
You want a 6foot tall halfback? :D
Thats a tricky question,so far he looks the goods and the dogs have bought our lemon halfback
Cherry Evans is young and his potential unlimited
Cronk is getting old for a footballer but he is in my opinion the best halfback in the game today
Cherry Evans is cheap where Cronks high price is VERY warranted
I'd take Cronk in the deal for 1 reason,i want to see my ex teammate Shane Rodney win another
premiership (He was in the panthers premiership side) but this time in my clubs colours
Cherry Evans is still developing and i do have faith in the manly forwards to lift theyre game instead
of that powderpuff shit they have been producing,with Cronk we'd be unstoppable however with
DCE we could enter a 70s level of dominance for the same kind of timespan of the storms however
illegal utter dominance of the NRL

Thats a really hard decision but at 27-28 i dont think Rodney has 2 many years left and id love to see
him in our outfit after winning a GF
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormsucks wrote: lol at manly, f ucken shit ground with f ucken closet supporters
Whats that? you dont like us?
NOONE LIKES US AND WE DONT CARE you stupid prepubecent canberra hypocritical moron
Are you still a little bit upset about 1987 when we handed canberra theyre spanked asses back?

Go let Hayneheadjob give you alot of buttsecks and catch asscancer you stupid little troll
This forum deserves a better troll than your pathetic attempt
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Eagle wrote:
Freshy wrote:
You want a 6foot tall halfback? :D
Thats a tricky question,so far he looks the goods and the dogs have bought our lemon halfback
Cherry Evans is young and his potential unlimited
Cronk is getting old for a footballer but he is in my opinion the best halfback in the game today
Cherry Evans is cheap where Cronks high price is VERY warranted
I'd take Cronk in the deal for 1 reason,i want to see my ex teammate Shane Rodney win another
premiership (He was in the panthers premiership side) but this time in my clubs colours
Cherry Evans is still developing and i do have faith in the manly forwards to lift theyre game instead
of that powderpuff shit they have been producing,with Cronk we'd be unstoppable however with
DCE we could enter a 70s level of dominance for the same kind of timespan of the storms however
illegal utter dominance of the NRL

Thats a really hard decision but at 27-28 i dont think Rodney has 2 many years left and id love to see
him in our outfit after winning a GF
Haha look consult with Des and get back to me. Ill give you Nielsen and say White to sweeten the deal?  :P