warriors game *spoilers*

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

...just dont tell him i said that tho.  :lol:

size and speed is good...but if they cant hold the ball and arent great in defence than they are no good.

altho ...our wingers arent the best in the comp so i cant really say too much re: wingers.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I did'nt think we went too bad,

more positives out of that game than in the last few,

Finch went well for his first game, I can see him forming  a good understanding with GI on that left side, which will hopefully  bring Inglis into the game more.

If Tomane comes in for Quinn, who plays left wing and who plays right centre.

I'm thinking Chambers may cover Wing better than Tomane who looks more of a natural centre than a natural winger to me, and i have a gut feeling that Chambers is more comfortable on the left side of the field, it appears that way anyway,

I thought the usual whipping boys Chambers and Turner went ok, Turners tackles on Manu were copybook for small guy on big guy, nothing he could do that close to the line, not too many wingers , if any at all  that could stop him dead in his tracks from there.
Last edited by Play the ball on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
Corusant
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Bullets wrote: Wtf was with Cronk's brain snap in extra time? a chip kick when we had a whole set starting on the 50 metre line? thats the sort of crap we wouldn't do when in decent form.

Finch needs to take more of the kicking also. Im guessing this will come in the following weeks. I liked the potential this has though....Cronk still controlling most but Finch just bring his game into it when required.

Our forwards were most improved tonight.

My thoughts exactly, I was stunned when Cronk kicked when in great field position to move forward and get close for a field kick.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why he did that?
Last edited by Corusant on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Corusant wrote:
Bullets wrote: Wtf was with Cronk's brain snap in extra time? a chip kick when we had a whole set starting on the 50 metre line? thats the sort of crap we wouldn't do when in decent form.

Finch needs to take more of the kicking also. Im guessing this will come in the following weeks. I liked the potential this has though....Cronk still controlling most but Finch just bring his game into it when required.

Our forwards were most improved tonight.

My thoughts exactly, I was stunned when Cronk kicked when in great field position to move forward and get close for a field kick.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why he did that?
Tried to catch the Warriors off guard im guessing, as they would have expected us to just charge up the middle for 5 tackles. It was such a low % play that didn't even come close to working. Dunno if Bellamy called for that one with the game on the line 
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

oh and surprise surprise Warriors whinging about the refs
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Play the ball wrote: I did'nt think we went too bad,

Finch went well for his first game, I can see him forming  a good understanding with GI on that left side, which will hopefully  bring Inglis into the game more.

I'm thinking Chambers may cover Wing better than Tomane who looks more of a natural centre than a natural winger to me, and i have a gut feeling that Chambers is more comfortable on the left side of the field, it appears that way anyway,

I thought the usual whipping boys Chambers and Turner went ok, Turners tackles on Manu were copybook for small guy on big guy, nothing he could do that close to the line, not too many wingers , if any at all  that could stop him dead in his tracks from there.

ild argue Zap should have tried to wrap the ball up...why go for the legs on a player that is much bigger than you right on the try line? all he has to do than is fall over and its a try. But i thought Turner handled him well all night..

Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Super Cronk wrote:
Play the ball wrote: I did'nt think we went too bad,

ild argue Zap should have tried to wrap the ball up...why go for the legs on a player that is much bigger than you right on the try line? all he has to do than is fall over and its a try. But i thought Turner handled him well all night..
I dont like his chances with that, Manu way too strong, would have brushed him off like a fly.

I think the only way of stopping Manu that close, is double team him, one high, one low,

Easier said than done though, with numbers.

One on one you are like road kill with a semi coming at you.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Well would have been the same outcome...either way he gets a try...but that close to the line he would have had more chance to hold him up than to go for his legs imo.

Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Possibly, all hypothetical though,

But what did impress me , even though he did score, was both times he did actually tackle him, one on one with big Manu coming at you full pace , no easy feat,

while some may  say,  big deal,  he scored anyway, I see it a bit differently

His courage and commitment cant be faulted there . I've seen far worse attempts on Manu from that situation where players pretty much wave the white flag.

Sometimes you can walk away from a losing situation with your honour intact.
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cronk had a brain explosion and probably thought he could wrap the match up himself, even though we could of taken a few more hitups. Ah well, i'm not dissapointed. I thought we played really well. If we keep improving like we are, thats all my worries gone.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

does anyone know the last time we drew at home?
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Main positive to come from that game

THE FORWARDS TURNED UP,(even with White still coming up to speed after being out a while)  =D>

I think my clothes,etc have finally dried out  ;D
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bourbon Rat wrote: Main positive to come from that game

THE FORWARDS TURNED UP,(even with White still coming up to speed after being out a while)  =D>

I think my clothes,etc have finally dried out  ;D
the forwards did impress last night, and white did well but had times where he looked very sluggish, but that will come when uve missed out on 6 weeks

ive developed a case of trench foot from last night
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Play the ball wrote: Possibly, all hypothetical though,

But what did impress me , even though he did score, was both times he did actually tackle him, one on one with big Manu coming at you full pace , no easy feat,

while some may  say,  big deal,  he scored anyway, I see it a bit differently

His courage and commitment cant be faulted there . I've seen far worse attempts on Manu from that situation where players pretty much wave the white flag.

Sometimes you can walk away from a losing situation with your honour intact.

totally mate. I agree. Like i said i thought he handled Manu well last night...wasnt out played... i think Manu's second try Zappa put his head in the wrong way and went low...that is the only time i could fault him but again that was a split second decision he had to make and he did what he thought was right. Its easy for me to say in hindsight "should have taken him high and cover the ball".

bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: does anyone know the last time we drew at home?
Didnt we draw with the broncos 20-20 in 2000? Something like that anyway
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]