Storm vs Sharks

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Woo Hoo!

We got $10 tix in the STORM supporter bay 2! :D

All seats are good at SFS, so why pay premium when I can be loud no matter where I am! :D

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM!

" I feel like Tuna tonight!"

Cheers
Bunnies & Stormboy :D :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

bunnies wrote: All seats are good at SFS, so why pay premium when I can be loud no matter where I am! :D
I don't mind paying extra even for half decent seating so long as the money goes into building the team (rounds) or the game (finals).
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Welcome Bell & thanks for the support its good to see someone who is not on the anti Storm bandwagon headed by the media presenters
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I got 9 tickets in BAY 39.............Go Storm!!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hope they just bring Aitken into hooker if Smith doesn't get up at the judiciary. 
The thing he has shown all year is a really solid tackling style, so I think he'd be better in the defensive line, and then that doesn't alter the combinations the backline have already created all year.
No doubt it will be a loss, but I'm actually equally as concerned about Jeremy Smith, as he brings much needed aggression and mongrel to the forwards, particularly if Hoffy is out injured. 
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

steaming stormer wrote: I hope they just bring Aitken into hooker if Smith doesn't get up at the judiciary. 
The thing he has shown all year is a really solid tackling style, so I think he'd be better in the defensive line, and then that doesn't alter the combinations the backline have already created all year.
No doubt it will be a loss, but I'm actually equally as concerned about Jeremy Smith, as he brings much needed aggression and mongrel to the forwards, particularly if Hoffy is out injured. 
Jep.... We are gonna miss Jezza this Friday night. :(
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

move fus in to 2nd row with crocks, on the bench chuck sammy boy on
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I actually think we'll have this one wrapped up early. Aitken Id say would come in as hooker as that requires the least amount of shuffling.With Jeremy out Id bring Tomane on the bench and stick Quinn in the 2nd row at times, though Scott Anderson will probably get the nod. Id also be looking to inject the BTK into dh fairly regulary.

Edited to add just noticed Scott Anderson in the team.
Last edited by noa nandruku on Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just announced: Tony Archer to Ref our game.

Video, Harrigan and Simpkins
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

CRONULLA have vowed to continue the war being waged against the grapple tackle as Melbourne faces the prospect of trying to defend its premiership without inspirational captain Cameron Smith.

Smith's worst fears were realised when he was charged with grade-one contrary conduct for a grapple tackle on Brisbane forward Sam Thaiday during the Storm's semi-final at Suncorp Stadium.

The Melbourne captain is walking a finals tightrope with 93 carry-over points. And the charge means he is looking at a two-match suspension if found guilty by the judiciary.

Speaking before Cronulla's training session, Sharks' captain Paul Gallen said he had no intention of heading into the preliminary final against Melbourne at the Sydney Football Stadium with a pre-conceived plan to complain about grapple tackles.

But he said he would not hesitate to stand up for his team-mates if they felt they were the victim of illegal tactics.

"If something happens on the weekend and someone wants to complain to me, then I'll say something to the referee," Gallen said.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Speaking before Cronulla's training session, Sharks' captain Paul Gallen said he had no intention of heading into the preliminary final against Melbourne at the Sydney Football Stadium with a pre-conceived plan to complain about grapple tackles.

But he said he would not hesitate to stand up for his team-mates if they felt they were the victim of illegal tactics.

"If something happens on the weekend and someone wants to complain to me, then I'll say something to the referee," Gallen said.

Translation:  All the guys will bitch and moan so I'll be sooking to the ref all game about every little thing.
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Insomniac wrote: I don't know why everyone is so confident about beating the Sharks - sure they have struggled for points all year, but their defense is awesome, and even with both Smiths playing, we aren't doing much better getting over that try line of late.  And even our defense is starting to look a little patchy with massive holes appearing all over the place - only last gasp efforts are saving us at the moment, and the boys sure are looking tired...
This is what I have been telling anyone who cares to listen.
This Cronulla team is not one to be taken lightly even with the loss of Seymour. They have a premiership winning coach and halfback. They finished on the same number of points at Melbourne and Manly and beaten both of them this season but they have been going along with very little fanfare.
They have regularly troubled the Storm in the past and while I'd like to see Melbourne win on Friday I .... I'm thinking I won't finish that sentence given my record with things that I post on the net coming back to bite me in the arse.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

crocks said in an interview that he reckons Boofa will go to hooker. So ild imagine Aitken would come in...altho not named, to play 5/8.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Looks like Bellamy is playing his cards close to his chest. Cameron named at hooker and no extended bench, just the 17.

1. Slater
2. Turner
3. Geyer
4. Folau
5. Quinn
6. Inglis
7. Cronk
8. Lima
9. C Smith
10. White
11. Crocker
12. Manu
13. Johnson
Bench:
14. Tolman
15. Blair
16. S Anderson
17. Kaufusi
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As a replacement for jezza i would have put Blair on to start, both have very similar playing styles and manu can attack when the sharks are tierd
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]