Sounds like Bellamy has already made up his mind....

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If i was a betting man which i am, i'd say that he'll be heading back to Brisbane in 2010. The only reason i say that is i think we all know he wasn't going to stay here forever and this would be the perfect opportunity for him to head home. I mean if he doesn't do when the Bronco's haven't got a coach, then who knows when the opportunity will come up again to go there?

I hope i'm wrong but that's my opinion anyway and i'm sort of resigned to the fact we'll lose him. If he does go i wouldn't begrudge him for it because that bloke brought us out of the darkest period we'd been through (Muppet Murray *shudder*) by rebuilding the team, taking us to a GF, winning us a GF and maybe even a 2nd this year. We've had a shitload more joy in the last couple years than what many fans have in a lifetime and so much of that has to do with Bellamy. If he leaves i'll be gutted but he'll leave the club in 100 times better shape than what it was when he arrived.
Chickenwing
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Who gets this info?????
why would he be talking about two years from now with his players!!!! he still has this year plus another year in his contract!!
JEREMY SMITH 4 PRESIDENT
     GO STORM!!!!!!!!!!!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

If the reports are true, then Bellamy has been offered $2.2mill to stay for the next three years.
2012 premiers. Legit.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

And so it goes.

Backwards and forwards, offer and counter-offer.
At this stage I think he probably has a slight preference one way or the other, but certainly isn't convinced enough to make up his mind.

There are positives and negatives for him both ways, and I think something which is probably weighing on his mind is that in Melbourne he has a chance to create a Bronco's like dynasty, in Brisbane - no matter how much success he has - he will always be the guy who came after Wayne Bennett.

On a side note; Bellamy keeps saying that he is contracted to the end of 2009 and he intends to stay at least until then. He says that if he leaves early it will be a Storm management decision, and not one of his - he intends to at least fulfill his contract.
Now, unlike a certain former coach, Craig has never given any indication that he is not an honest and honourable man. I am prepared to take him at his word.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately