Jeremy Smith: may possibly be released

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Checked the Dragons official site & the DragonArmy forum................No mentioned of J S  ???
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Nope and I don't think it'll be an issue.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Good stuff :D

Source: The Age

MELBOURNE Storm chief executive Brian Waldron and forward Jeremy Smith yesterday fended off confirmation that St George-Illawarra was seeking the powerful back-rower.

Dragons chief executive Peter Doust confirmed the club was keen on luring Smith, 27, with the offer of a starting position in its pack.

Smith's manager Sam Ayoub said he had been in talks with the Dragons for several weeks with the Storm's full consent.

The Storm has a host of top-quality second-rowers, with Ryan Hoffman, Michael Crocker, Clint Newton and Smith - who is contracted with the club until the end of next season. All played in last Sunday's 40-0 defeat of Brisbane.

"We see him as a key member of the starting line-up," Doust said.

"He's an experienced player with a certain skill set that suits our requirements."

Doust said there had been an indication that the Storm could be willing to release Smith from his final year of his contract.

"I think that's the case because I think they've got other players coming through that they want to upgrade as well," he said.

But Waldron denied the club was considering releasing Smith.

"Jeremy's got 12 months to run on his contract ... I think it's more important that Jeremy focuses on winning us a premiership than other clubs talking about things at the moment," Waldron said.

Smith, who has evolved from a suspension-prone player in the Queensland Cup to a quality second-rower, also rejected any suggestion of the Dragons' interest.

"Don't believe everything you hear, mate," Smith said. "There was talk about it but it's not true."

Ayoub said the Storm had allowed Smith to explore the market, having indicated it would not be able to offer another contract past 2008.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

good stuff right up until the end where he's apparently been told already next year is his last - surely that decision hasn't been made yet
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I would think he will go to the Dragons but Storm management felt it best to sort out  after the season.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

steaming stormer wrote: good stuff right up until the end where he's apparently been told already next year is his last - surely that decision hasn't been made yet
key words
Ayoub said
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

As BW said at the inner sanctum the storm have a very good idea regarding their list for the next 2 -3 years so they would be able to say if their was a problem i would think
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "