Round 23 - Storm vs Eels

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Brandon Smith is still there, fingers crossed Bellamy does the sensible thing and replaces Blair with Smith. Not gunna hold my breath for it happening tho
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Updated squad;

1. Billy Slater
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. William Chambers
4. Curtis Scott
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
21. Brodie Croft
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith ©
10. Nelson Asofa Solomona
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Joe Stimson
13. Dale Finucane

14. Cheyse Blair
15. Tim Glasby
16. Christian Welch
17. Kenny Bromwich

18. Brandon Smith
19. Tui Kamikamica
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

2 others in doubt allegedly...dont know who. Just saw a snippet in media
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote:Speculation not allowed now either?
You're welcome to speculate. But apparently I'm not allowed to wonder if you are over-thinking it?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
storminghome
Squall
Squall

Top 2 finish now in our own hands following Rabbitohs defeat tonite
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm very happy to see Croft at halfback.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What you need to know - Round 23

melbournestorm.com.au
Thu 16 Aug 2018

Eels in form

The Parramatta Eels currently sit second last on the competition ladder but they are playing like a top four team. The Eels have won three of their last four games, with their only defeat coming in narrow fashion to the second-placed Rabbitohs. Jarryd Hayne seems to have found his groove, as he showed last week when he scored a first half try against the Dragons. Hayne, Corey Norman and Mitchell Moses are just some of the attacking weapons Parramatta have at their disposal which the purple wall will need to watch closely.

What is at stake

It is a delicate situation at the moment. Melbourne head into Friday night's showdown looking to overturn a run of back to back defeats. Depending on other results across the round, a win could have Storm back inside the top two or on the contrary another defeat will have the rest of the eight breathing down their neck for a top four berth. At the business end of the year these are the games you love. High stakes, at home, under the bright lights - bring it on.

Brodie Croft back to halfback

Jahrome Hughes has been given a week to recover with a medial strain to his knee. The short turnaround meant he has been given the week to recover and will be ready to return next week against the Titans. His absence has seen the coaches turn to Brodie Croft to fill the halfback duties. The 21-year-old has been in form, his last four games in the Intrust Super Cup have produced two tries, three line breaks and 15 tackle busts.

Thunderbolts are back

Make sure you get in early on Friday night. Gate 7 will be open from 5pm in time to allow Storm fans the chance to see the Victorian Thunderbolts in action on AAMI Park. Get a look at the Storm players of the future as they take on the Ipswich Jets to try and book a spot in the finals.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Jahrome Hughes has been given a week to recover with a medial strain to his knee. The short turnaround meant he has been given the week to recover and will be ready to return next week against the Titans. His absence has seen the coaches turn to Brodie Croft to fill the halfback duties.
I find that quite interesting...
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I was wondering about another possible reason for Hughes out and Croft in was that Craig talked about the last game as a problem with game management. I don't think that JH has done anything to be dropped but when Dale Finucane had the ball on that last tackle there was something very wrong. JH has been great for us but I still think he may lack a little experience in controlling the flow of the game. That said, it really wouldn't surprise me if Brandon takes Cheese's spot with the Goat coming off early with Brandon to slip into the 9. This would also mean you would have a game controller still on the field as after the first Manly game, Billy didn't really impress me in that role. But I could easily be wrong.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We've asked less of our halves this year compared to every other half in the competition so I can't see (Cameron) Smith not playing 80 minutes. He's legitimately the only game manager we have on the field regardless of who plays in the number 7 jersey.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

YESSSSSSSS

Brandon bench, Nas bench. Welch starting. Perfect. Come on boys
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Outstanding. First time in a while that I’m completely happy with the team named
storminghome
Squall
Squall

Injury to Cam doesn’t look good
Monsoon
Monsoon

Strange game, we haven’t really look troubled but we also look a bit toothless and lost when in the red zone, we aren’t using our weapons anywhere near enough, Addo-Carr and Vunivalu getting no service, edge back rowers not running decent lines, no offloads from the forwards, the halves are 9/10 getting caught with the ball in hand, pretty happy with the defence though, Finucane has been amazing and easily our best on ground, I also liked what I’ve seen from Curtis tonight, hard to predict with skip off with a lower back injury, hopefully we can grind out a low scoring win, at this point I’ll take an ugly win over another loss, let’s just keep doing what we are doing and we should be good enough.
Monsoon
Monsoon

storminghome wrote:Injury to Cam doesn’t look good
Doesn’t look good? He played on and took the conversion before he went off, purely precautionary this close to the finals I think, seen him make half a dozen tackles after the injury scare too, he will be ok but we should wrap him in cotton wool tonight.